BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #1
superJ_92
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 FROZEN WHITE

service on rear diff and spark plugs

Just done my service at local bmw. When they scanned my key to book appointment at the first time, they have booked me for 5 service items( oil change, microfilter, brake fluid, rear diff fluid, spark plugs) under warranty for free.
At the point I drop my car for service, they said my rear diff and spark plugs can not be done under warranty. They show me the key scan results table, it says "no" for no need to service in the first column, but it indicates due time at Feb 2017 (15,000km) in third column for both rear diff and spark plugs row ( which is exactly same details as oil service row). Dealer claims if it says no in first column, they can not do it under warranty.
I am so confused if my car ask for service on rear diff and spark plugs, so I went online and find this picture saying rear diff and spark plugs on every third oil change. This is my third oil change from new due at Feb 2017 (in 15,000km) which comes first. I only drove 9000km since last oil change, the official oil change interval in CBS is 24,000km or 2years. I talked about this with dealer, and they still saying they can not do it if my car is not asking for it. My car ask it to be done with oil service, but not ask it under those single item.
I even contact Bmw Canada for info, and they say they don't have any info on technical problems including service and dealership is the only place have that info.
Can anyone give me some advices on that.
Thank you very much and have a nice day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:06 PM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i don't know if the included maintenance is the same in canada as it is down here in the us. however, my dealer tried to tell me that they can't do the spark plugs unless the car asks for them. i politely let them know and explained to them the spark plugs aren't part of the "condition based service" system and the idrive will never ask for them.

keep in mind, most people there are brainless and you'll have to educate them. bmw's own online manual clearly states the spark plug interval for our cars and even states it is not part of the cbs system.

http://www.bmwusa.com/search.aspx?q=...l%202011.%20m3
take a look at the third link down. its a search query from bmw na's site. scroll down to page 9.
      02-28-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Attached Images