BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-18-2010, 05:23 AM   #23
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
i think i am in the same boat as some of you. i am reluctant to do any engine or exhaust mods due to the possibility of reduced warranty, gas mileage, or an increase in codes and overall problems with the car. i would like to add a center section with hfc's that removes the secondary cats and a set of resonators, and do a tune to get that extra 30-40 hp and a better sound and remove that top speed limiter. what i dont want is to spend that money and be sorry i did because of increased problems shortly after. is there a magic setup that can give me a minimum of issues and still provide the extra hp and sound? oh and be a true bolt on so i can do it at home.
If it weren't for wanting a tune & removing the speed limiter, you could put on the full Akra w/deleter in your garage.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #24
onefastdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Dinan....warranty....not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Just as much power as everything else, +-5 hp. The only setup that will give you significant improvementover Dinan is the full catless Gintani setup, but your car will be super loud.

Remember Dinan is full catless as well, so you will see a significant improvement. Since you are worried about warranty and issues, Dinan is the only way to go. In my experience all other companies even though more attractively priced, will leave you hanging if things go wrong.
I wouldn't put a huge amount of faith in the Dinan warranty. Some people have had bad experiences trying to get Dinan to live up to their warranty claims. My buddy had a whole host of mods (all Dinan) on his M. Engine blew and BMW refused to cover the engine replacement. He okay, no problem, Dinan should cover it. Nope, no way, nada. Dinan refused as well and said BMW should cover it. Engine replacement was $17k. This was eventually resolved after a lot of time, aggravation, and legal fees.
Dinan makes quality products, and I would buy them, but not for the warranty. That's a false sense of security.
2008 E90 M3 sold
2007 E92 335i (369whp, 354wtq) sold
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #25
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

okay thats what im looking to hear the truth.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #26
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
okay thats what im looking to hear the truth.
Truth is, there's no guarantees in life, but I personally felt more comfotable with my dealer installing Dinan mods than an independent tuner, specifically when it came to potential warranty claims. Is it perfect, for sure not!!! A blown engine is not an easy thing to have replace under warranty, even without any mods.

I just hope I don't ever have to deal with it.

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #27
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

thats kind of my thinking also. thanks for your help. just trying to make it right in my mind to spend 3k for 30hp and risk 30k engine replacement. i wanna keep this car for some time and am planning on buying an extended warranty.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #28
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
If it weren't for wanting a tune & removing the speed limiter, you could put on the full Akra w/deleter in your garage.
By akra do you mean http://www.akrapovic.com/ ?
Sorry for bumping this back, I just got an M3 and came across this thread.
Appreciate 0