BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

06-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #23
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

So sorry to hear about this .

This is the exact reason why I opened up a dealership on the side, to help people and enthusiast not get scammed like this.

I have seen this so many times, false advertising. At the very least, you should have know prior to purchasing.

Unfortunately, it's only a painful process from here on, and they know that most people are just going to give up because It will cost more to sue them.

Your best option would have been to not pick the car up when it arrived. Once it is unloaded and you sign the BOL, it's a nightmare.

Good luck and I hope you get this resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 06:17 PM   #24
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
When you signed the BOL, did you make any notes to it on the condition you received it?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 07:59 PM   #25
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
Sorry this happened to you and man this just really pisses me off. Everything I am reading leads me to believe the seller is just plain bad.

Saying he sees 50 cars a day is a BS statement and reinforces to me what a bad person/business man he is.

Check into what consumer protection laws your state has or the seller state if that’s applicable. Depending on the state sometimes it’s the DMV, sometimes it’s the Attorney General office or another governance.

If this guy does not step up and take some responsibility go after him with everything you can and don’t let him off the hook. I have not seen it mentioned but I am willing to bet this is not a franchised Dealer but an independent used car operation.

Good luck to you. I know you said you liked the guy and you’re supposed to, generally speaking we buy from people we like be it cars or just about anything.

Shipper recorded the existing damage accurately it appears, so the damage was there when it left,the guy is screwing you.

I have bought and sold enough vehicles remotely and have a lot of experience with it. This stinks.

If this is not resolved quickly, please ensure you let us know who it is.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50
      06-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #26
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 e90 IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
When you signed the BOL, did you make any notes to it on the condition you received it?
I did, however the delivery driver said that the car was like “this” when they got it. When I got into the car for the first time I noticed the miles were 200-400 more. When I asked the dealer he said that trips from the shop back and forth were the reason they were up.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #27
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
So sorry to hear about this .

This is the exact reason why I opened up a dealership on the side, to help people and enthusiast not get scammed like this.

I have seen this so many times, false advertising. At the very least, you should have know prior to purchasing.

Unfortunately, it's only a painful process from here on, and they know that most people are just going to give up because It will cost more to sue them.

Your best option would have been to not pick the car up when it arrived. Once it is unloaded and you sign the BOL, it's a nightmare.

Good luck and I hope you get this resolved.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #28
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
Sorry this happened to you and man this just really pisses me off. Everything I am reading leads me to believe the seller is just plain bad.

Saying he sees 50 cars a day is a BS statement and reinforces to me what a bad person/business man he is.

Check into what consumer protection laws your state has or the seller state if that’s applicable. Depending on the state sometimes it’s the DMV, sometimes it’s the Attorney General office or another governance.

If this guy does not step up and take some responsibility go after him with everything you can and don’t let him off the hook. I have not seen it mentioned but I am willing to bet this is not a franchised Dealer but an independent used car operation.

Good luck to you. I know you said you liked the guy and you’re supposed to, generally speaking we buy from people we like be it cars or just about anything.

Shipper recorded the existing damage accurately it appears, so the damage was there when it left,the guy is screwing you.

I have bought and sold enough vehicles remotely and have a lot of experience with it. This stinks.

If this is not resolved quickly, please ensure you let us know who it is.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #29
Inluvwithastr1pper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Just curious, what is your desired outcome here?

You can't return the car.

The stealership won't refund or discount you any money since it's already been paid and car delivered. They claim the work was done.

They will count on the fact that you won't bring them to court since it will be hard to prove breach of contract plus lawyer fees on your part negates any gains.

I hope for the best for you but in this case not seeing any bright outcomes.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2018, 02:15 PM   #30
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

does it look like the dealership actually did the paint and correction job that you paid for? (if not, you should talk to a PA lawyer for breach of contract against dealership)

how much will it cost to fix everything?

i don't know the limits for PA but in California, small claims court can handle up to $10k
no attorney fee to worry about
of course you'll have to fly out to PA to handle it ... so it may cost you more for your time and travel than what you might get back

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #31
Ab28
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3/E39 M5/128i

Based on what I see from the BOL the dealership did not paint/paint correct the car.

How can a freshly painted bumper have (that many) rock chips? Maybe 1-2 small nicks from the drive back if it were 200+ miles, but c'mon dont fool yourself. Post a current pic of the bumper.

To say that you like the guy and believe they painted the car is beyond naive given it's current condition. You were a cross country, sight unseen buyer. Easy to take advantage. Dealers get their rep for a reason. For every good one there are 20 bad ones.

At this point the shipping company is off the hook. They appear to have delivered the car in the condition they received it in. Don't bother wasting your time here.

Ask the dealer for the receipts for the paint work. I'm willing to bet there isn't any.

**All the above has been derived from the information in the thread thus far and without seeing current photos**
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #32
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat77 View Post

Ask the dealer for the receipts for the paint work. I'm willing to bet there isn't any.
Yeah let's see the receipts
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #33
SeattleLSB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, M50I

Live and learn, good paint correction runs $500-$1,000 on a car this size. Take it over to Haury's in Lake City over in Seattle and get the problem resolved. Jeff the owner is a member of the BMW CCA and he will get you taken care of.

The good thing is the mirror pieces can be replaced as the black plastic is around $40.00.

Did this go via enclosed or open transport? If open expect rock chips.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #34
SeattleLSB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, M50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Did you pay $39k for this vehicle? Plus a few more thousand paint, tune etc..
ZCP Perceived Value Tax....
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #35
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroBiz View Post
I'm not ready to name the dealer yet. Maybe I'm naive or stupid but I like the guy. He was very friendly during the whole process up until the delivery.
They always are, but all they want is your money. Every car dealer I have dealt with buying cars has been all smiles and handshakes right up until the contract is signed and they have your money. From that point they couldn’t care if you existed.

Sounds like the dealer has taken you for a ride, they certainly aren’t your friend.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #36
delirium330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 3 Pedals

OP, what was the outcome?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #37
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

It's expensive to sue and likely not with the results you want but it's easy and cheap to put their name up in a new post detailing how they led you on and then forward on the link to them. It's not defamation if it's factual.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 08:52 PM   #38
areyouamac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Black M3 DCT

Name the dealer. What do you have to lose? You are already $2k plus out of pocket. More to gain with their name out there. You are really helping them out by not saying who it is. Someone already potentially found your car online. Just confirm if it was them who you bought it from.

Quote:
I'm not ready to name the dealer yet. Maybe I'm naive or stupid but I like the guy. He was very friendly during the whole process up until the delivery. IF these problems don't get taken care of, I will be creating another post to discourage all members from buying from him.

When I found the car I new it was in bad shape, however if I hear the word "perfect" several times and it's no where close to being "perfect" and there are noticeable blemishes, scratches, dents and dings I have a real problem!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #39
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouamac View Post
Name the dealer. What do you have to lose? You are already $2k plus out of pocket. More to gain with their name out there. You are really helping them out by not saying who it is. Someone already potentially found your car online. Just confirm if it was them who you bought it from.
As of three months, nothing has happened and I am super frustrated! The dealer's name is Ryan Kelly and he is part owners with his brother at Kelly Motorcars LLC at 2880 Bergey Road - Suite Q Hatfield, Pennsylvania 19440.

My next step is I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB and the bank, USAA that I got financing through.

Wish me luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 11:15 AM   #40
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Gather all text's/emails where you had stated the work you want completed for the $2,000, plus all the emails where the seller stated the car will be perfect upon arrival.

Take the BOL from the shipper with the damage markings proving that the car arrived to the shipper with the damage already.

Contact a lawyer, bring all this documentation with you, and explain what happened. If the lawyer is willing to help, have him send an official letter stating there will be a lawsuit if the issues are not corrected within a certain time frame.

If the seller has any brains at all, he will pay to get all the issues corrected.

You have all the proof you need within the texts and emails. use it!
Appreciate 1
NitroBiz145.50
      10-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #41
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGatsby View Post
Gather all text's/emails where you had stated the work you want completed for the $2,000, plus all the emails where the seller stated the car will be perfect upon arrival.

Take the BOL from the shipper with the damage markings proving that the car arrived to the shipper with the damage already.

Contact a lawyer, bring all this documentation with you, and explain what happened. If the lawyer is willing to help, have him send an official letter stating there will be a lawsuit if the issues are not corrected within a certain time frame.

If the seller has any brains at all, he will pay to get all the issues corrected.

You have all the proof you need within the texts and emails. use it!
I intend to do everything you said and more to make this right.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #42
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I bought a car through a dealership in Toronto shipped from Calgary. Was expecting my arctic white beauty, and got a POS.
Dealer was mortified at the condition of this car, would not sell it to me. Sold me 2011 JB e90 m3 loaded car off the lot with $5000 off list.

Dealer has the pockets and means to fix this.
Appreciate 1
NitroBiz145.50
      10-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #43
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I intend to do everything you said and more to make this right.
I wish you the best!
Appreciate 1
NitroBiz145.50
      10-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #44
NitroBiz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
I bought a car through a dealership in Toronto shipped from Calgary. Was expecting my arctic white beauty, and got a POS.
Dealer was mortified at the condition of this car, would not sell it to me. Sold me 2011 JB e90 m3 loaded car off the lot with $5000 off list.

Dealer has the pockets and means to fix this.
In my case, I believe the dealer is just going to play ignorance and duck and dodge every attempt I make.
Appreciate 0