BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-18-2021, 11:56 PM   #1
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

What are some interior detailing things you should do because of age?

My car will be 10 years old next year. The interior is a 9/10 condition wise, almost perfect condition. Car has 60,000 miles.

I've never really had a full interior detail done on the car, never really felt like it needed it. I've routinely conditioned the leather, but not really done anything out of the ordinary other than wipe down and vacuuming. Just doing that alone, along with just taking good care of the car has resulted in the interior looking almost mint even with 60k on the car.

As the car is going to be 10 years old, it makes me think there are probably things you should do just because of age, not necessarily because it looks like it needs it.

What would you say these things are? For example- I feel like I should probably shampoo my carpet and headliner at least once every 10 years right? Or perhaps if it really looks like its in that good of condition I should leave it alone?

I feel like there are other interior detailing things that you would want to do at least once every 10 years. What would they be?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
Paniaguaa
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW M3, 06 Honda Civic SI

Bump. Also interested into what others have to say.
Appreciate 0