BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #133
Tony1973
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
I finally got around to installing them (took them to my local guy), so thought I'd share my experience.

As I previously mentioned, the quality of paint, logo, machining work and even the shipping box is amazing.

So...how do they perform?

I'm running PowerStop carbon ceramic pads, basically low dust and so-so performance pads. Before bedding in the pads, the stopping power was terrible (as expected pre-bedin). After bedding-in the pads, they are amazing. The people who chose more aggressive pads must be throwing their face into the steering wheel at every stoplight. jk

How did the feel change?

The brakes stop extremely well and it's quite obvious where the engagement point is (when depressing the pedal slightly), because you can feel the car's strong urge to stop. One difference is the pedal goes down a few mm more when you stomp on the brakes. A trade-off I'd be happy to make with the substantial increase in stopping power. The brakes still perform as expected, just much better.

However, there is a drawback, just for my circumstance... I always drive in D5 mode, where the DCT gear selection is aggressive. With the stock brakes, when you stop aggressively, the DCT revmatch downshifts. Well, these upgraded brakes stop much better than stock so the car thinks you're aggressively braking and the DCT rev matches downshifts for you. Solution is step on the pedal more gradually, drive in < D5 mode or drive in manual mode. Just something I thought I'd mention.

I really hope you guys get your parts soon and get to enjoy them!!!
Jsl the brakes look great. What are you running in the rear! Are the oem f80 rear caliper, if yes were did you get the bracket to mount them
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 12:07 AM   #134
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1973 View Post
Jsl the brakes look great. What are you running in the rear! Are the oem f80 rear caliper, if yes were did you get the bracket to mount them
Thanks
They are OEM F8x rear calipers with F8x rear rotors (370mm)

No brackets needed, just use two washers on each bolt to get it centered.

The washer size is M12, you will need 8 washers. Make sure you use washers that won't rust!

See picture. Credit to Nostra, I downloaded the picture from his post.

You're probably wondering what about the F8x front calipers? Way more involved than just 8 washers. You need new bolts and the front spindle from the F8x chassis. Not a easy bolt-on.
Attached Images

Last edited by JsL; 11-13-2019 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 2
      11-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #135
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

We digress a bit, but I came across this post regarding a comparison between BBK's:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1061808

Last edited by Silos; 11-13-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
JsL447.50
      11-14-2019, 04:25 AM   #136
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silos View Post
We digress a bit, but I came across this post regarding a comparison between BBK's:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1061808
yeah some of the kits had exxy Pagid pads, you can see the brembo pads had been heat affected also (indicating they were perhaps more of a street based compound?)

It'd be like road testing cars are on budget tyres vs cars shod with say Cup 2's..
Appreciate 2
Silos555.50
JsL447.50
      11-15-2019, 11:15 PM   #137
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

I just realized we had a lot of information in the "Sponsor's F/S Thread" that's now closed. I posted a whole list of brake pads that fit the 6P calipers with 380mm rotors. Now that list is lost...

Does anyone know the size for Pagid pads? I think there was a RSL29 pad that fits, just don't know how to find it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #138
Spoff_E90_M3
Track Rat at VIR
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
I just realized we had a lot of information in the "Sponsor's F/S Thread" that's now closed. I posted a whole list of brake pads that fit the 6P calipers with 380mm rotors. Now that list is lost...

Does anyone know the size for Pagid pads? I think there was a RSL29 pad that fits, just don't know how to find it.

Stock e9x M3 rotor - pad size 8081. The other is use a specific car like the 2015 Camaro ZL1 front pads. I put G loc R16 on mine and they are awesome!

Using F8x larger rotor - pad size 8083. I couldn’t find much of anything that is track appropriate.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #139
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Ive had no updates from slonik since the 26th Oct (Wasnt an update more so just a reply from my whatsapp message that he'd look into my order) my paypal claim should be processed tomorrow, unfortunately I cannot see him delivering the goods after 5 months...

Seems weird he's done what he has, obviously there has been a change of circumstances for all of the silence and no communication, even though I noticed on his profile that he still logs onto the forums occasionally
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 04:21 PM   #140
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Ive had no updates from slonik since the 26th Oct (Wasnt an update more so just a reply from my whatsapp message that he'd look into my order) my paypal claim should be processed tomorrow, unfortunately I cannot see him delivering the goods after 5 months...

Seems weird he's done what he has, obviously there has been a change of circumstances for all of the silence and no communication, even though I noticed on his profile that he still logs onto the forums occasionally

I know you're in a bad spot too and having your money back doesn't really help you either. It's a sad turn of events.

My next step is going to install WhatsApp on my wife's phone and trying him then (looks like he reads messages from new numbers).

My bank has issued a temp refund and is working with PayPal to get a hold of him. Hopefully with a few of us opening claims against him, will get his attention. I still would love to have my parts.

I will be reporting him to the forum admins as well -- this isn't the way to do business. I am a patient and understanding individual but I have my limits.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #141
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I know you're in a bad spot too and having your money back doesn't really help you either. It's a sad turn of events.

My next step is going to install WhatsApp on my wife's phone and trying him then (looks like he reads messages from new numbers).

My bank has issued a temp refund and is working with PayPal to get a hold of him. Hopefully with a few of us opening claims against him, will get his attention. I still would love to have my parts.

I will be reporting him to the forum admins as well -- this isn't the way to do business. I am a patient and understanding individual but I have my limits.
Yeah exactly, if he was to contact me today and apologise and give me an honest update and plan going forward I'd begrudgingly accept it, and like you say a refund whilst it's nice its a kick in the guts somewhat as essentially he's had our $ for all that time and stuffed us around...

The buyer who bought my original calipers is upset as he wants the calipers also but I cant see him delivering them if it hasn't happened after 5 months when he promised me 3-4 weeks I don't see it happening..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 03:02 AM   #142
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Paypal refunded me my $ so the saga ends for me.

I wonder if slonik will do a black friday GB again this year
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:14 AM   #143
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

so did he burn you guys, or is he just a poor business man and communicator?
      11-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #144
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Paypal refunded me my $ so the saga ends for me.

I wonder if slonik will do a black friday GB again this year
hahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Some got their parts. He ghosted the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #145
Bimmer Barney
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Quote:
Probably depends on interpretation. He took payment and then went on vacation and stopped communicating. I got my parts luckily but I had to be really aggressive.
      11-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #146
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Depends on your perspective I guess.

I felt like I've been burned when he supplied a set of brakes that I wasnt happy with (slonik offered a solution if I was to buy a 2nd set)it took me a few months to find a buyer for them & I sold them to a guy with a 335i. I worked with the buyer that I'm reordering another set of brembos, so for my 2nd set I'll order 335i mounts.

Slonik said yeah no worries 3-4 weeks. I never received them after 5 months of waiting (just never replied to my messages) so now I have to refund the buyer of my original brembos (that took 3 months to manufacture) and I'm back where I was when I bought these brakes 12 months ago in Nov 2018 in the black friday sales GB I organised.

So I haven't been conned of $, just lied to, with no communication and a huge massive waste of my time

Alarm bells kinda rang out when he mentioned at the 2nd round of the GB, the supplier can no longer supply brakes to him for the same price he was buying them for..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #147
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

this is what upsets me the most.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DR-JEKL897.50
      11-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #148
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

sounds like he is an absolutely terrible business person. the practice of being "active" on the forum and not responding to messages would really rub me the wrong way.
      11-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #149
Spoff_E90_M3
Track Rat at VIR
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 Silverstone

Quote:
sounds like he is an absolutely terrible business person. the practice of being "active" on the forum and not responding to messages would really rub me the wrong way.
Agreed. It is disappointing for all the good work to have it be this way.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #150
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoff_E90_M3 View Post
Agreed. It is disappointing for all the good work to have it be this way.
If you haven't already, I'd file another dispute against him. This is completely unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 03:44 PM   #151
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Looks like my bank dispute was closed in my favor; all in all I lost $100 in the process as PayPal won't return the credit I had with them due to the transaction type (again, it was a stupid in my part), but that doesn't upset me as much as the time wasted fighting this all.

I have decided to instead get an actual Brembo GT kit from a seller here on the forums for less than a few hundred dollars more than Slonik's setup would have cost me. I'll post pics as soon as I get them.

I hope all involved that did not get their parts got their refund. For all those looking to purchase stuff from Slonik in the future, let this be a lesson learned at our expense and not yours.
Appreciate 2
      12-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #152
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

that sucks you lost $, like yourself its a kick in the guts having this guy take your $ then waste a lot of your time as it seems he has had no intention of delivering these other kits.

he's still actively logging in, probably to read this thread
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #153
Silos
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
that sucks you lost $, like yourself its a kick in the guts having this guy take your $ then waste a lot of your time as it seems he has had no intention of delivering these other kits.

Yep. Saw that too. I am just glad my bank was able to get most it back. You got the worst deal of it all, sadly. I hope you found a solution to your predicament.

On other news, I got my Brembo GT kit!

These brakes are MASSIVE. holy smokes. I hope to be able to install soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by Silos; 12-24-2019 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #154
Bimmer Barney
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90M ZCP

Quote:
Quote:

Yep. Saw that too. I am just glad my bank was able to get most it back. You got the worst deal if it all, sadly. I hope you found a solution to your predicament.

On other news, I got my Brembo GT kit!

These brakes are MASSIVE. holy smokes. I hope to be able to install soon.
Nice color 😎
Attached Images