BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
M3maniac20
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe

Dealer/Loaner Experience (Good)

As mentioned in an earlier thread, had to take the M in because of some rattles and some other random issues. Took it to BMW of Austin and can confirm that it really is a great dealer all around. Buying it was a breeze, even with having to let go of the first order when the car hit the showroom floor, they will still amazingly helpful and put up with me coming in every Saturday.

Took it in this morning, met with my service advisor who went through everything thoroughly, and even though he had a hunch that some of it was normal, he assured me they would check it out just in case. Went through the sales dept to get my loaner, chatted with another sales guy about the orange 1M they had in there. That orange color is awesome! And I love the Alcantara (sp?) inserts!
Anyways, they put me in a new 328i and I have to say, it makes me love the BMW brand even more. The fact you can be in the cheapest BMW and it still drives amazingly is something to be noted. You go to other luxury brands and you can buy a ford or chevy that will drive better for the same price. The 328 may not be the fastest but I couldn't tell it only had 230 hp. The ride, handling, everything is just superb. Even though these cars get pricy, it gives me respect for the BMW brand. I would really love to get a 335 in the next few years as possible for a DD. Maybe I have just though about it too much, but I think it really sets them apart from other brands.

Back to service: called at about 1 (dropped car off at 9:30) to tell them not to wash it, they understood and gave me an update on stuff they had did, and told me they had to test drive it again (of course) but it is what it is.

Got a call at 5:30 told me it was done and put insulation in the doors, dash, and instrument cluster to see if it solved the problem. Since it was 5:30, I didn't have time to make it over there to pick it up, which they knew when they called so I'm picking it up in the morning and they are having me drive it and make sure it is up to my liking before they really "release" it.

Just thought I would share! We see a lot of bad stories on here, so I might as well share my good story. I'll update tomorrow to see if everything came out well.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
I'm actually trading in my manual 328i coupe on a 2011.5 M3 ZCP. The 328i is very good (particularly in manual form) and my example has been really good to me. If the M3 is THAT much better I'm gonna be a very happy man. I haven't had a prolonged experience in the M3. Just a test drive several months ago and that was an '08. I'm really looking forward to getting acquainted with this car.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0