BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

05-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #133
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Never used Ultima,think you need to look on term, and that it will dry out your leather,think it's a kind of soap gel,not sure if it is good for our Novillo ,in your case future will tell !
Novillo is coated so the whole Leatherique process is somewhat pointless. It can't permeate the polyurethane covering no matter how long you leave it to soak. It may soften the coating slightly but this only attracts dirt and dust. But hey if you think it is helping have at it. Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat is another modern solution that really protects coated leather. Just trying to help, no greasy hair product for me either, oh wait I have no hair.
      05-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #134
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
Novillo is coated so the whole Leatherique process is somewhat pointless. It can't permeate the polyurethane covering no matter how long you leave it to soak. It may soften the coating slightly but this only attracts dirt and dust. But hey if you think it is helping have at it. Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coat is another modern solution that really protects coated leather. Just trying to help, no greasy hair product for me either, oh wait I have no hair.
I still have hair ! But not always on the right spot !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #135
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
I used my rejuvenation kit in the last 24 hours. IT WAS A LOT OF WORK! Lol. A little bit too much for my liking. If you wanted to do a really detailed job you could spend the whole weekend using this product. Having said that I am happy with the results even though I sweated my balls off on a mild 25 degree day in Autumn. I would hate to be doing this process in the middle of summer in Australia where we get up to 40 degrees Celsius!!! I'm definitely a big fan of the Pristine Clean.
I'm not sure if you will see a big difference because I used a iPhone to take the photos but in person the seats and trim look good. Top photo before the Leatherique kit and bottom photo is after.
Thanks for all your help M Power Belgium. I'm pleased with the results

By the way M Power Belgium, do you use the pristine clean to clean the plastic dash?
It's normal and it's a lot of work,does not happen automatic !
About the heat,last year in summer it was here 27 Celsius but 48 hours later it was 32 Celsius and it was time to remove the Rejuvenator oil !
But inside the car it was a real sauna + 50 Celsius , also normal in full sun with windows closed ,after this i drive my car into my garage out of the sun and even than the car stays very hot inside, so the same here liters of sweat !(next time i wait and remove the Rejuvenator during the night > cooler !)
But it's worth the work and all the sweat and i can see the difference in your pics,first pic your leather looks almost like carton !
Second pic after treatment i can see that your leather is nourished and supple, and i'm sure that you can feel and smell the difference when you sit in your seats !
Now your leather is ok for the next 6 months,and i'm glad that you like the result and it's the best treatment for our Novillo leather !
For further questions feel free and PM me...i'm here !
I don't clean the dash with Prestine clean ! For all the plastics , dash, door panels , ect.. i'm using the Meguiar's Supreme Shine ...>

Meguiars Supreme Shine is next on my shopping list. Thanks M-P Belgium!
      05-18-2014, 12:50 AM   #136
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
My .02 is that for newer cars there are far easier and IMHO better solutions. I have used Leatherique in the past and it is great on older leather but is very labor intensive and messy. I prefer to clean with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel and follow up Ultima Interior Guard Plus, leaves a silky matte finish that feels incredible with no greasy residue at all.
That Ultima stuff looks very intriguing. Does it leave a non-slick surface as stated? I need to get rid of the shiny slide-y surface that are the seats in my 2002 M3. I was leaning towards leatherique until I read your comment and read the review at auto geek online.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2014, 04:53 AM   #137
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
That Ultima stuff looks very intriguing. Does it leave a non-slick surface as stated? I need to get rid of the shiny slide-y surface that are the seats in my 2002 M3. I was leaning towards leatherique until I read your comment and read the review at auto geek online.
Yes it performs that way. On my "new" seats it feels like cashmere when I am done. The "shiny slide-y" condition of your seats may be due in part to age and wear but try it. How long since the seats received a through cleaning? First and more difficult step is to get them clean with out destroying the material. The protective step is easy after that. Hard to say without seeing them up close. Do not rub with excessive force no matter what product you use. Steam is an option, it requires the correct equipment and technique but in the right hands can yield great results when combined with conventional methods. One last No No, Magic Eraser removes stains yes but can take the color with it.
      05-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #138
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Yes it performs that way. On my "new" seats it feels like cashmere when I am done. The "shiny slide-y" condition of your seats may be due in part to age and wear but try it. How long since the seats received a through cleaning? First and more difficult step is to get them clean with out destroying the material. The protective step is easy after that. Hard to say without seeing them up close. Do not rub with excessive force no matter what product you use. Steam is an option, it requires the correct equipment and technique but in the right hands can yield great results when combined with conventional methods. One last No No, Magic Eraser removes stains yes but can take the color with it.
Understood and thank you. I'll have to order some of the cleaner and protectant with my next product order.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #139
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 JRZ BLK 6MT

lots of fun putting this stuff on a car with extended leather lol...

ill try to post some before and afters. I applied the first step this evening and its supposed to be pretty cool tonight. 19 C. Hopefully that doesn't affect the process.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #140
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnykin View Post
lots of fun putting this stuff on a car with extended leather lol...

ill try to post some before and afters. I applied the first step this evening and its supposed to be pretty cool tonight. 19 C. Hopefully that doesn't affect the process.
Would love to see your pics, and yes i'm just curious
BTW...The Rejuvenator oil you can let it on even longer,last time it was for more than 48 houres on ,the result was even better !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #141
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

I wont be able to leave it on more than 48 as ill have to drive it. but my leather wasnt terrible. this was mote maintenance than anything.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #142
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I wont be able to leave it on more than 48 as ill have to drive it. but my leather wasnt terrible. this was mote maintenance than anything.
Should be ok, no worries !
But if you want to leave it on while driving the solution is to put a plastic cover over your driver seat, i've done that too and is even better for the Novillo leather to absorb the Rejuvanator oil
Hope this will help.....

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #143
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Looks great! I swear by Leatherique. Did amazing things with the Cinnamon interior in my E46 M3.

Curious, what do most people use for regular cleaning of the leather? I would assume Leatherique only be used once every year or two. Sonax Leather Foam, possibly something else?
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #144
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
Looks great! I swear by Leatherique. Did amazing things with the Cinnamon interior in my E46 M3.

Curious, what do most people use for regular cleaning of the leather? I would assume Leatherique only be used once every year or two. Sonax Leather Foam, possibly something else?
2/year Leatherique and when washing the car just vacuuming and damp cloth !

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #145
Jonnykin
///M
Canada
Rep

My before and after photo's are a dog's breakfast because of my phone and the lighting. Made a HUGE difference on the shifter and steering wheel which had gone shiny and it brought it back to matt.

Semi-Poor would be correct though, for an interior that is new or in really good shape there are probably easier alternatives, because let me tell you this take up your entire weekend. But even on the leather that was near mint it makes a difference in how it looks and feels. Now that I've done this treatment I'm definitely going to give the Ultima sealer a try if I can find it up North here.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #146
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
My before and after photo's are a dog's breakfast because of my phone and the lighting. Made a HUGE difference on the shifter and steering wheel which had gone shiny and it brought it back to matt.

Semi-Poor would be correct though, for an interior that is new or in really good shape there are probably easier alternatives, because let me tell you this take up your entire weekend. But even on the leather that was near mint it makes a difference in how it looks and feels. Now that I've done this treatment I'm definitely going to give the Ultima sealer a try if I can find it up North here.
I'm glad that you like the result,it's work and i know that ,but after it's amazing to see how it turns out to factory feel,smell and look !
About Ultima i just don't know,but i'm very curious to see or hear the difference against Leatherique !
But one thing is fore sure, Semi-Poor knows what his talking about,i've seen his car,and sometimes a pic says more than 1000 words !
BTW...your leather is good to go now for the next 6 months !

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:27 AM   #147
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

What's the verdict? Besides the OPs review. Anyone else try this lit? I just ordered. 16oz kit w brush and some geek boy products. Just picked up a older 09 e92 and the top of the steering where has a sticky spot. The side bolsters on the driver seat has some slight wrinkling. I want to try to restore the leather.

Does the leatherique oil get past the coat layer of our leather.?
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #148
Mboogi3
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I about to do this
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #149
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboogi3 View Post
I about to do this
Location NYC ?
You need 25° Celsius for the treatment , and let the Rejuvenator oil sit for 48 hours or more ,found out it works even better when it sits longer .
But think it's not 25° Celsius in NYC for the moment...

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 08:19 AM   #150
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

I was going to throw the heater on max and let it sit for a while with the car on.

There were instructions on another conditioner that suggested that as a tip

Could prob use a hair dryer too if you're careful.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #151
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
I was going to throw the heater on max and let it sit for a while with the car on.

There were instructions on another conditioner that suggested that as a tip

Could prob use a hair dryer too if you're careful.
Best thing is to park the car outside (min. 25° Celsius) , and let the rejuvenator oil bake a few days in the full sun with all windows closed .
I did 4 treatments in the last 2 years with Leatherique and the above give me the best result

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 02:39 PM   #152
digitalpersona
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Blk/Blk

So what's the verdict on coated leather? I bought the Leatherique oil and cleaner, but haven't had time to use it yet.
Also, i hear there is a special coating on e93 leather due to more direct exposure to sun when the top is down.
I just don't want to ruin any of the leather or degrade the existing coating that's already there.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #153
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpersona View Post
So what's the verdict on coated leather? I bought the Leatherique oil and cleaner, but haven't had time to use it yet.
Also, i hear there is a special coating on e93 leather due to more direct exposure to sun when the top is down.
I just don't want to ruin any of the leather or degrade the existing coating that's already there.
Personal I think it's no problem , because all kinds of leather and so also the E93 Novillo leather needs maintenance .
Out of all leather maintenance products Leatherique is the most natural product .
And if you don't like to take any risk ...Just try it on a small spot on your leather out of view .
Let me know..

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 12:29 AM   #154
k3silk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 & 14 M5

I need to order this stuff
Appreciate 2