BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

12-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #111
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
I'm not afraid to say it and I don't give a shit what anyone here says. Anyone who gives up their m3 for a gtr is a fucking retard. End of story. I can see going from a evo or a wrx to a gtr but if ur going from a m3 to a gtr you should really look into getting ur brain checked. Forget the quality factor but going from an award winning one of a kind high revving responsive Na aspirated technological masterpiece to Nissans prehistoric v6 with FI and turbo lag just to brag about 0 to 60 times and how fast u can go around a circle. Pretty pathetic. IMO a lot of insecurities Involved here.
I just love posts like this...theyre so easy to destroy...i have a hard time picking which one to go with btw..isnt the 335i and 535 twin turbos?
I guess you know more than BMW huh?
They should hire you!

Ah well.

KMM3, there are people on this planet called, "PERFORMANCE ENTHUSIASTS/AUTO ENTHUSIAST".
KMM, these people love cars in general. In most cases, they arent normally swayed with a badge..or are BADGEWHORES, much like yourself.

While there is a degree of a name/badge holding weight and consideration, it is not the ULTIMATE decision, of which someone such as yourself is. Many will see the numbers, then want to see the vehicle in question actually perform.

The addiction, and awe being the actual performance, not a "wittle shiny sticker" that says something to make them feel as if they've, "arrived".

(Sort of like the guy who comes to the gym with all of the "tapout" gear (BADGE ALERT!)that everyone recognizes but doesnt even know what an armbar is...let alone how to perform one...but youre cool cuz you have your TAPOUT GEAR! YEAH!

Anyway, once a car is proven, it is normally accepted, and respect...even if it is not the prettiest vehicle out there to auto/performing vehicle.

But your entire post screams, "IM A BADGE WHORE--IM IN A BMW AND IM SOO KEWL!!" ()--even tho a 2012/2013 gtr will cost you MORE than an M3 ()

Another interesting thing about your post is you say, " Nissans prehistoric v6 with FI and turbo lag just to brag about 0 to 60 times and how fast u can go around a circle."

This fantastic statement has some dumbest things i think ive ever seen typed on this forum. It is saturated with, "Badgewhoreism."

The fast in a circle that you mentioned is something we call "Handling."

Many car and performance enthusiasts really love a vehicle that can do that, "Handling thing" well as they can go "FASTER" in the corners (trying to break this down into Sesame Street terms so you can understand better).

Here is a link to other "pathetic" performance cars that you probably will never be able to afford that also do the "Handling thingy" too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eife_lap_times

Overall, you LOVE bmws and think that they are the "bestest" car out there because its a BMW and getting a more expensive GTR which performs hands down, better than an M3 and many exotics is a "step" down...all of this is based on your post as that was pretty much the extent of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Why are you so obsessed with the GTR anyway? Sounds like you're the insecure one.
He probably doesnt think so. But you know what they say, the insane dont think that they are either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
love the front of the R34, that bullnose look and stance is just sick. a huge fan and would have picked up a R35 if it had a manual trans.
Yeah the stance on the R34 is just plain sick..it looks better from the front than the r35--making the r35 look bloated heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
What is up with these GTR haters on this forum? Please take a minute and read your own post ( '' prehistoric v6 with FI and turbo lag just to brag about 0 to 60 times and how fast u can go around a circle. Pretty pathetic. IMO a lot of insecurities Involved here.
) I guess you also feel the same about a Porsche 911 Turbo. Pretty pathetic you say well a true car enthusiast loves all performance vehicles and sorry to say my friend the GTR is a masterpiece, yes while not designed to compete with an M3 or vice virsa; you can not deny its purpose. I guess I should get my brain checked because I went from a G35 coupe to an M3 sedan. just my 2cents.[/QUOTE]

+1

Last edited by mattixxg; 12-06-2011 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #112
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Mmmm yeah
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #113
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep

Quote:
Mmmm yeah
Thats what i thought...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #114
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

How old are you? Let me guess.... 16 maybe 17? Maybe when you hit your late twenties or your early thirties you will understand a bit more. On second thought maybe not. You seem to be one of those late bloomers. I'm inclined to think that when ur 40 you'll still be living with ur pops. Hey, I don't blame u kid. If I was 16 again I would probably defend the gtr too but I'm in my 30's now and been through more cars than ull ever dream of owning. I can buy a gtr with gold plated Nissan logos stamped on the trunk and hood if I so desired. Give me a break kid. Why don't u pick up your backpack head to the library and start learnin something instead of day dreaming about ur piece of shit gtr that u will never own, unless ur one of those spoon fed Mamas boys who gets whatever he wants.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #115
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
How old are you? Let me guess.... 16 maybe 17? Maybe when you hit your late twenties or your early thirties you will understand a bit more. On second thought maybe not. You seem to be one of those late bloomers. I'm inclined to think that when ur 40 you'll still be living with ur pops. Hey, I don't blame u kid. If I was 16 again I would probably defend the gtr too but I'm in my 30's now and been through more cars than ull ever dream of owning. I can buy a gtr with gold plated Nissan logos stamped on the trunk and hood if I so desired. Give me a break kid. Why don't u pick up your backpack head to the library and start learnin something instead of day dreaming about ur piece of shit gtr that u will never own, unless ur one of those spoon fed Mamas boys who gets whatever he wants.
You can buy a "gold plated" GT R but you can't keep both your Porsche and M3???

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=605500&page=5

Quote:
Its really time to get rid of one, tried to keep both but I can't.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #116
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm sorry kid but I was reading your post again just for kicks and couldn't help but reply to a couple things u mentioned. Firstly, performance is both subjective as well as objective. If your enamored with 0 to 60/lap times that's great, I'm not here to convince you that ur penis is normal sized. You can ask your girl friend or your boy friend to help you out with that. Sure, many car enthusiasts including myself can admire great objective performance numbers. Yeah, it's great to see that my 3700 pound m3 with a comfortable back seat can hit the quarter mile in under 13 seconds and hang with a lot of dedicated sports cars. Is that the reason why I bought it? Hell no. Did I buy it cause of the badge? Hell no. I bought it because of the way it feels. There are 2 sides to a coin just like there are 2 sides to performance. Again, there is the objective side where you can brag to ur friends that u got from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. Or you can appreciate the subjective side of performance with how the car feels when ur driving on one of ur favorite back roads. How a car feels is ultimately what it comes down to. True car lovers, the ones that are not self
Conscious will always buy a car using this kind of thought process. Secondly, when I mentioned I would take a 335 over a gtr I was merely trying to prove a point and if u don't understand my point then maybe ur not worth my time. Lastly, i don't know if u noticed this but I own 2 other cars that are not bmw's. So if anyone here is a badge whore it's probably ur m*m Ok maybe I went too far with that one. Oh well.

Last edited by KKM3; 12-07-2011 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #117
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
You can buy a "gold plated" GT R but you can't keep both your Porsche and M3???

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=605500&page=5
I bought my Porsche cash an still have my m3. It had nothing to do with my financial situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #118
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

this thread is fucking hysterical. Funny comments from very uninformed people

i traded my 08 m3 on a 2010 gtr and couldnt be happier
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #119
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

Damn, the douchebaggery is high in this thread. Drive what you like and don't worry about what everybody else drives.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #120
Sakred
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR Black Edition

Quote:
I'm sorry kid but I was reading your post again just for kicks and couldn't help but reply to a couple things u mentioned. Firstly, performance is both subjective as well as objective. If your enamored with 0 to 60/lap times that's great, I'm not here to convince you that ur penis is normal sized. You can ask your girl friend or your boy friend to help you out with that. Sure, many car enthusiasts including myself can admire great objective performance numbers. Yeah, it's great to see that my 3700 pound m3 with a comfortable back seat can hit the quarter mile in under 13 seconds and hang with a lot of dedicated sports cars. Is that the reason why I bought it? Hell no. Did I buy it cause of the badge? Hell no. I bought it because of the way it feels. There are 2 sides to a coin just like there are 2 sides to performance. Again, there is the objective side where you can brag to ur friends that u got from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. Or you can appreciate the subjective side of performance with how the car feels when ur driving on one of ur favorite back roads. How a car feels is ultimately what it comes down to. True car lovers, the ones that are not self
Conscious will always buy a car using this kind of thought process. Secondly, when I mentioned I would take a 335 over a gtr I was merely trying to prove a point and if u don't understand my point then maybe ur not worth my time. Lastly, i don't know if u noticed this but I own 2 other cars that are not bmw's. So if anyone here is a badge whore it's probably ur m*m Ok maybe I went too far with that one. Oh well.
I dont know man. My GTR feels pretty good on a nice twisty road, not to mention a nice race track. I also feel great knowing the fact that my car will take an M3, M5, or for that matter any production BMW's lunch money at the drop of a foot.

I think its safe to say most people that have a GTR can easily afford an M3. I personally was looking into one for a while before I drove a GTR. Bottom line is a GTR will hurt an M3/M5's feelings. I'm guessing you are feeling that pain since your so personally vested in the BMW badge.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #121
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG M3 (SOLD), '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
I dont know man. My GTR feels pretty good on a nice twisty road, not to mention a nice race track. I also feel great knowing the fact that my car will take an M3, M5, or for that matter any production BMW's lunch money at the drop of a foot.

I think its safe to say most people that have a GTR can easily afford an M3. I personally was looking into one for a while before I drove a GTR. Bottom line is a GTR will hurt an M3/M5's feelings. I'm guessing you are feeling that pain since your so personally vested in the BMW badge.
Nothing ruffles the feathers of M3 drivers like a GT-R. Most are cool with it but u get the occasion butt hurt owners that will call it a pos, jap crap...etc followed with the "I could personally buy XX amount of GT-R's but I chose the M3" reply. Quite entertaining actually. Its like watching a neanthal losing his patience. Don't get me wrong, I love my M just as much as these guys but I also appreciate all the other performance vehicles offered.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #122
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Nothing ruffles the feathers of M3 drivers like a GT-R. Most are cool with it but u get the occasion butt hurt owners that will call it a pos, jap crap...etc followed with the "I could personally buy XX amount of GT-R's but I chose the M3" reply. Quite entertaining actually. Its like watching a neanthal losing his patience. Don't get me wrong, I love my M just as much as these guys but I also appreciate all the other performance vehicles offered.
Exactly. I tried to explain this to him in post 112--a bit long winded and condescending, but he asked for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #123
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:

Really nice cars and crazy fast. I wouldn't F with one in my M3, it would be too embarrassing. I like R33s better (body style) but you really can't get a lot faster for the money than a new GT-R. BTW I am pretty sure the purpose of the M3 vs forum is to have a specific place to keep the "my new XXX is a lot better than an M3", or "3 Reason why my M3 is better than a C63" threads that always end up as a "you are 16, oh yeah well you're 12" thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #124
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewraith View Post
Older than you I'm sure. You write like your 12. I don't know why. Do you really hate on the GTR? What is wrong with you. Are you 30? Listen kid...it's wrong. I think you're 16. Maybe not. What do you drive?

You fn idiot, learn how to write before you talk trash about others. Which cars have you owned that people would want to dream of owning? I think of all the posts in this forum and in this thread, yours is the most immature and blatently idiotic. You badge whores will never understand what a true car enthusiasts thought process is.

Don't capitalize "mama". Fkn idiot. Now go back to your slow ass Porsche and your slow ass M car, have a Coke and a smile and STFU.
Sorry, I don't sit behind a computer all day and post in a forum I have no business being in. I replied to his idiotic post from my iPhone. What r u doing in an m3 forum anyways? Get lost.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #125
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The truth hurts. It really does. I drive 2 other cars that aren't bmw one of them is a toyota. Badge whore is a defensive term being thrown around by a bunch of insecure gtr losers. Check ur penis sizes, I'm sure they aren't THAT small.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #126
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I have nothing against nissans gtr. Most of what Ive said about the gtr I really didn't mean. Im just getting a bit on annoyed with the number of gtr threads in an m3 forum. Unfortunately this forum has turned into a gtr fan club and it's getting a bit old. Gtr this gtr that, ok we get it. Take it to ragtroc.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #127
mpm3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW M coupe  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
is this thread real ? in any event GT-r is nice, but i personally think its just in a different league. M3 is an apple the GT-R is an orange....i just happen to like german apples better then jap oranges..end thread oh and btw congrats on picking up a GT-R !!!! everyone flipping out and this guy just bought a very nice piece of machinery have fun be safe.
      12-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #128
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep

Quote:
The truth hurts. It really does. I drive 2 other cars that aren't bmw one of them is a toyota. Badge whore is a defensive term being thrown around by a bunch of insecure gtr losers. Check ur penis sizes, I'm sure they aren't THAT small.
Man...reading comprehension fails you miserably..either that are you are just the dumbest poster on the forum.

Let me break it down for you. People are posting BULLSHIT about the GTR. The BULLSHIT are things that simply are not true. People who own BOTH..get it? BOTH cars...once again, people who own BOTH CARS.
Wait...your brain is painfully slow at absorbing information so ill say it again, people who own BOTH cars are correcting what is simply not true. (Or those that own a GTR)

Wait....so your brain can marinate...and understand what I just said.

Ready?

Ok. So in its simple form, people on here simply like the GTR.

And what truth are you talking about hurts? lol..really?
I can understand if someone comes on here saying BMW sux and the GTR kills it!

But no one did that.

But im at a loss..if i have a 90-100k car..why on earth would i be insecure about a damn m3?

lol..dude...seriously...

Quote:
I have nothing against nissans gtr. Most of what Ive said about the gtr I really didn't mean. Im just getting a bit on annoyed with the number of gtr threads in an m3 forum. Unfortunately this forum has turned into a gtr fan club and it's getting a bit old. Gtr this gtr that, ok we get it. Take it to ragtroc.
Dude. Get over it. This tread is about an M3 owner..ill say it again for brain flow...this thread is about an M3 OWNER GETTING A GTR AND LOVING IT.
So hell come to his M3 board and let everyone else know how much of a great time hes having with his car.
He shouldn't be getting clowns like you derailing his thread and being a killjoy.

You think youre going to troll these forums and tell people NOT to post?
Get over yourself. Most of the posts here are about BMW related subjects.

Youve got issues man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm3 View Post
is this thread real ? in any event GT-r is nice, but i personally think its just in a different league. M3 is an apple the GT-R is an orange....i just happen to like german apples better then jap oranges..end thread oh and btw congrats on picking up a GT-R !!!! everyone flipping out and this guy just bought a very nice piece of machinery have fun be safe.
Exactly. The GTR is on an entirely different planet performance wise and people like the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #129
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm3 View Post
What more do we need to end this thread.
      12-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #130
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I love these M3 vs GT-R threads. Brings out the fanboi's.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #131
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:

Not to take anything away from the normal GT-R but you have a Black. That's tuned for the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Why are you so obsessed with the GTR anyway? Sounds like you're the insecure one.
He Jelly. As are most of the people who hate on the GT-R. I mean, I'd hate too if my BMW got embarrassed by say it with me 'just a Nissan'.

I'm jelly of every GT-R owner. I admit it. I can't afford it(and proud to say it) but I want one. Hopefully next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #132
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread