BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-23-2022, 10:06 PM   #1
Andrew88M3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

New Owner advice please :)

Hey everyone,

Finally stepping up from owning numerous Type R Hondas to the M world.
Have just purchased a 2011 M3 E92 Competition, 95,000kms.
I am getting the midpipe for the exhaust changed but leaving the rear mufflers stock, do you think this will give it that V8 noise it deserves or should i do the mufflers as well?
Also hunting down an intake, Looking at the Eventauri unless anyone can give me pointers for a better system,
Any other good starter mods i should be looking at?
Cheers and cant wait to get into this family
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2022, 09:07 PM   #2
eriktufa
3r1k
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i

Based on my experience, changing mid pipe will adjust the exhaust raspiness and changing rear muffler will adjust the exhaust tone.
      10-25-2022, 01:50 AM   #3
E90M3_Guy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 6MT ZCP LCI 2011

Wow. Those are 3 big topics that will take some time to answer. Firstly, congratulations on a great purchase and welcome to the E9x M3 club. TAS should be provide lots of good roads for you to enjoy your new toy and it won't take 1 1/2 hours to get out of the city!

Just out of curiosity, is your a DCT or manual? (There's a 95% chance it's DCT!)

I agree with eriktufa that changing the mid pipe will change the raspiness of the exhaust. With my car, the previous owner had installed an aftermarket x-pipe with primary cat delete. The sound was too thin and raspy for my taste. So I went back to the original mid section and did the OEM back box mod. This produced a deeper note with which I'm very happy.

At 95,000km you might consider changing the rod bearings and engine mounts for peace of mind unless you now exactly how the previous owner(s) treated the car when the engine was cold.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 01:56 AM   #4
E90M3_Guy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 6MT ZCP LCI 2011

Regarding the intake, I agree that Eventuri is the way to go.

Another starter mod you could consider is to get a scanning & coding tool like Carly then code off some of the really annoying features like the legal disclaimer in iDrive every time you start the car and also have the engine start/stop function remember the last setting etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 11:16 PM   #5
FundedbyCrypto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew88M3 View Post
Hey everyone,

Finally stepping up from owning numerous Type R Hondas to the M world.
Have just purchased a 2011 M3 E92 Competition, 95,000kms.
I am getting the midpipe for the exhaust changed but leaving the rear mufflers stock, do you think this will give it that V8 noise it deserves or should i do the mufflers as well?
Also hunting down an intake, Looking at the Eventauri unless anyone can give me pointers for a better system,
Any other good starter mods i should be looking at?
Cheers and cant wait to get into this family
My question would be what are you trying to achieve with each of what you have suggested doing? I ask as someone that has spent several years looking at these cars and into changing those exact pieces. I have now done them all, but have changed my opinion several times since I started. I even have parts to sell because of the changes in direction.
Appreciate 0