BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

08-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #23
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3
I haven't had the chance to respond to this post. Been busy lately.. I just can't understand what you just stated...why would I give a company more money for an upgrade when they can't fix my current problem..that's like giving your financial advisor more money when they continue to lose money and mAke poor investment decisions on your behalf. I did not want a 620 kit and this statement provides further confirmation that the 540 should not have been released to the masses. There were defects and bugs within the software. Secondly I did not spend what you stated for the ESS product. And again you are stating a valid point that the 540 should have been sold to the masses. ESS has perfected their product because they spent the time and R &D to ensure they would not be chasing a wild fire like this. 100 page essay. I took time out of my life to inform others and give credit where credit is due. This is not some bullshit rant. This is factual information and the post is to help others. Which I have and I am happy to do so. Whether its 1 or 100. This whole mod scene is a want business. No one actually needs these products for their car. when someone want to spend 100 or 15000+ of their hard earned income (which the median income in the US 50K and change). So if someone is spending 30% of what the majority of the US makes a year. The product better be spot on.

I went with ESS to also prove a point and confirm that the VF product was defective and causing issues to a perfectly healthy vehicle.

I will state all day long and so will the 700+ or so people in the world that the ESS product and their company as a whole is credibly well run, their product is almost bulletproof (which is dependent on how you care for it and cared for your car prior) and their service is something that VF should learn from.

Roman is an excellent salesman. I would hire him in a minute. Most importantly he is an honest and truthful person.

I did reference in my review there are good people there. Jeff is specifically who I am referencing. It was escalated to the owner of VF.

With regards to your statement about sitting and doing more ham just email and texting. This is the 21st century. Majority of communication is done through email and other forms of electronic and web based products. Yes people are busy and doing other things than constantly email, text, etc..I run a large IT company and I am not always able to respond immediately to calls or emails. However, when there is an issue with any of my client or product (which is a person) that is of the upmost priority.

As I have stated every company has problems. No matter what the product, cost, size, etc... You handle it in the same manner. VF may have good ideas, but their quality and service is going to prevent them from growing. They can be In every magazine out there. When the best tuner shops in the country will not sell or install their products that is a clear sign of something going on. I don't know about Europe so I can't comment.

I have stated numerous times, I bought into their idea of being different and was excited about it. However, once I started seeing how the business is run that made me know my money was not invested properly. I do hope they improve. Competition and variety in this market is good for the consumer and the tuning industry.

I am happy about investing my income into ESS. Best decision I made for my M3. This car I am keeping for life.
Very well put sir! Your review is a thorough and a well thought out post. I wish everyone took the same time and dedication to assist others as you have. Having friends with both kits I have definitely heard arguments on both sides but most of my friends have also decided to go with ESS for many of the same reasons you have stated here.

Thank you!

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
Axol
Rep
Drives: BMW

Excellent Review!

When there are questions or issues that arise AFTER your purchase, that is when a Company's true customer service shows itself. Any salesmen can talk your ears off before you buy. The support afterwards (if you ever need it) is paramount imo.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Thanks for posting OP. Glad the new 585 kit is working out. Hope you are getting some opportunities to enjoy it!

Agreed 100% on ESS client service. Roman and AJ have been fantastic to work with. Can't say enough good things about them.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #26
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Thanks to those again that have taken the time to read and respond . I am so glad to hear that I have helped others with this feedback and analysis between the two products. I am happy that there have been a few that have had good experience with their kit from VF. The consumer deserves that and with the cost associated with the product it's good to know there have been few issues. Perhaps the 620 kit is better thought out and because it was produced before the 540 maybe the software was better tested and more reliable.

I know I have to post a review between the performance of the two and will do so. I have put more miles on the 585 kit than I did on the 540. I am happy to report that it is trouble free and running flawlessly.

One thing that has come up as the technocraft intake scoops that I have. Because they are so much larger than RPI scoops and hang about 3 inches lower it is restricting airflow to the radiator.

Very interesting to come and find out. For those that want a technocraft intake scoop. I would stick with RPI or stay stock with those parts. The restriction causes coolant temps to rise and the engine gets a too hot warning.

Incredible how an aftermarket part like this could do something.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #27
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

So VF never did anything about this huh?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Nope. Nothing. And can't get rid of it. Maybe it was me being too honest to interested buyers..but I would want the same. Some people could care less.

Believe me I wish it worked and the service was good. Would be alot wealthier! Ha. Oh well live and learn. I've helped a few people from what it seems so that is good and encouraging.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #29
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Great review. Glad you are enjoying your car !
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Nope. Nothing. And can't get rid of it. Maybe it was me being too honest to interested buyers..but I would want the same. Some people could care less.

Believe me I wish it worked and the service was good. Would be alot wealthier! Ha. Oh well live and learn. I've helped a few people from what it seems so that is good and encouraging.
Where's the kit now?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
mazspeed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 M3, 13' S1000RR

Wonder if I can use a vf540 kit and get an ess 535/550tune?
71' cl175 Scrambler
14' Honda Grom
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #32
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
Wonder if I can use a vf540 kit and get an ess 535/550tune?
If you want to run our software you need to run our kit. We do not re-tune other vendors products.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
mazspeed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 M3, 13' S1000RR

Well that answered my question lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
If you want to run our software you need to run our kit. We do not re-tune other vendors products.
71' cl175 Scrambler
14' Honda Grom
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 02:07 AM   #34
DellaGonzales
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Good evening all,

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend. I wanted to share what many know is nothing new, but was something I was extremely grateful and happy to be a part of.

I had some major issues back in March through June this year with my 2010 E90 M3.....
Damn well written. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. Very cool unwritten. Unfortunately, I can't share my thoughts so clearly, so I use the "buy personal statement" service. They can provide me with the necessary documents in a high-quality form.
Appreciate 0