BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #23
kprince
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Terra ZHP

BMW of Stratham?

I'm on the waiting list, #2 I think w/ $500 deposit. But for the sedan not coupe.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2006, 01:51 AM   #24
Mgrady
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: CL 500

Listen

1 out of 10 of u guys will actually get the car w/o a minimum of 10K mark up!!! These deposits are only good for being the first to get the car...once the car gets their, they're gona call u up and say "hey, ur car's ready, its actually gonna be comin' in at about 10k over sticker" - and they will say this w/o any form of astonishment in their voice !
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #25
eurotechnik
M POWER
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

^^ I agree
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #26
JETBLACK 330
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgrady View Post
1 out of 10 of u guys will actually get the car w/o a minimum of 10K mark up!!! These deposits are only good for being the first to get the car...once the car gets their, they're gona call u up and say "hey, ur car's ready, its actually gonna be comin' in at about 10k over sticker" - and they will say this w/o any form of astonishment in their voice !

Fortunately the dealer that i work for WILL NOT SELL M3's OVER MSRP. If any of you guys want to put an order in and be Guaranteed not to pay over MSRP, PM me and we can talk.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #27
Milehigh E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Ya I guess your right, IF you were dumb enough to put down money without getting something in writting then you could/would get boned out of $10k+. I got MINE in writting! MSRP!
      09-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #28
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
They must be planning on scalping the first ones. No reason not to take pre-orders.
They'll take deposits, I think the salesman misunderstood when I asked, he thought I was asking to "pre-order" it and actually pick out some options.

I've bought 2 BMW's from BOB SMITH BMW, add to the fact that the president of my company is very good friends with Bob himself, I'm sure I'll be able to get one of the first cars.

My dilema is that my current car ('06 Audi S4) lease is up 11-02-08, which means that I won't be getting one of the first ones, so should I wait to put the deposit on mine?

2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #29
Mgrady
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: CL 500

LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehigh E90 View Post
Ya I guess your right, IF you were dumb enough to put down money without getting something in writting then you could/would get boned out of $10k+. I got MINE in writting! MSRP!
You think somethin ' in writing gona keep u away from that mark up!? haha! It's just like another good faith estimate for a home loan, doesn't mean jack shit even if Bob's Smith's signature/blood is on the damn thing, don't get the wrong idea i hope u do get it at msrp but i do sales all day bro, it aint happenin' unless ur Bob's son!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #30
lakerfan007
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0i

Regarding Bob Smith in Calabasas, I went up to them 6 or 7 weeks ago and asked to be put onto their list of members waiting for the M3, they said "No such list would ever occur because it is a car with higher volume than the M5/M6's which did have lists" We have bought cars from there and figured they'd treat us well but a week after that I came to Boulder, CO and they had been taking names for the past month so now i'm #5 here. Bob Smith and Rusnak will never sell it for invoice, it's the LA market, they'll mark it up for as much as people will buy it for. When the M3 convertables came out in 02 or 03, they had mark ups like no other, my buddy's dad was gettin one and waited cause he didn't wanna pay 10k over the list. You're better off going to some other dealer outside the LA market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
They'll take deposits, I think the salesman misunderstood when I asked, he thought I was asking to "pre-order" it and actually pick out some options.

I've bought 2 BMW's from BOB SMITH BMW, add to the fact that the president of my company is very good friends with Bob himself, I'm sure I'll be able to get one of the first cars.

My dilema is that my current car ('06 Audi S4) lease is up 11-02-08, which means that I won't be getting one of the first ones, so should I wait to put the deposit on mine?

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #31
Milehigh E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
You think somethin ' in writing gona keep u away from that mark up!? haha! It's just like another good faith estimate for a home loan, doesn't mean jack shit even if Bob's Smith's signature/blood is on the damn thing, don't get the wrong idea i hope u do get it at msrp but i do sales all day bro, it aint happenin' unless ur Bob's son!
Not sure WHO Bob Smith is (or his son for that matter) I bought through GEBHARDT in Boulder Colorado. MSPR in writting and a signed contract with Gebhardt means MSRP at delivery! They NEVER sell above MSRP. I have several friends that have bought M5/M6's and while dealers in other area's are getting $10k+ over MSRP Gebhardt sells for MSRP, and by the way they're making good money at MSRP!