BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #111
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaM View Post
I need to read a book to get laid?
Why are you asking us? Just to show you baus you are? BFD- I brought home an incredibly sexy 23 year old last night an hour after meeting her, but I still found a lot of great insights in that book. Sounds like Grimlock finds it particularly interesting, which is good. If you're not interested in reading it, don't. No need to be a douche.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #112
ScreaM
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Why are you asking us? Just to show you baus you are? BFD- I brought home an incredibly sexy 23 year old last night an hour after meeting her, but I still found a lot of great insights in that book. Sounds like Grimlock finds it particularly interesting, which is good. If you're not interested in reading it, don't. No need to be a douche.
Rhetorical..no need to be so sensitive

Enjoy you book and camomile tea
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #113
carve
Major
Rep

Every one of your posts in this thread is you being a douche bag to someone, trying to make other people feel bad about themselves and trying to make you feel better about yourself. It's pathetic.

If you have interesting insights, feel free to share. If you don't and all of this is obvious to you, no need to stick around if you aren't interested.

Last edited by carve; 03-05-2013 at 09:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #114
ScreaM
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Poor you..this is OT..man up.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #115
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:

Poor you..this is OT...
Poor me? You weren't making fun of me.

Quote:
man up
Consider taking your own advice. This is manning up. You didn't come after me, but I'm calling you out anyway because you're being a pathetic douche-bag.

Last edited by carve; 03-06-2013 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #116
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
there's always the religious route, chicks dig jesus
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #117
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Where have you been all my life? Hahaha.. good thing the book has only been out a year, I would lament over the time wasted
Going to finish it today..

btw. how was the 23yr old?
READ BOOK GOT LAID HAHAHAHAH
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #118
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I dunno, reading a book is not that difficult for me, getting laid however .. hmm
common easy choice
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #119
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Back on topic, these books and these articles are more than just about getting laid.
yes getting laid is very very nice and let me tell you...fun!
But what I suggest you do is not only read these books and articles to help you get laid but to do better in your life and business.
The same tools you learn about with respect to posture and dress and behavior which may lead you the well educated the well meaning man to break down the bitch shield of the nice girl at the end of the bar will also help you better understand the dynamic of your work environment. And why people do what they do.

I grew up as the only tan person in an all white town…everyone thought I was a terrorist because I was from iran…not good. And not good for my ego. So growing up I had none, and well it showed not only in my dress but in the way I sat and stood.
My turning point came when I was at university, you know when people walk up and mock punch you in the gut and say “ha ha got you asshole”
Well I use to be that guy who my friends would do that to.
Until I started reading some of these books and when people in halls would mock punch me…I just stood there tall…and even took a few.
I could, I worked out I was athletic and still am. So what’s a punch in the gut from a friend. I just took it and smiled.
It was that my friend was trying to show his dominance to the world so that he would get laid via the fake punch to the gut…but when I stopped falling for it….i broke his mojo.
This worked for me when I went off to work. The CEO of my former company in Finland was Swedish (Swedes being a minority in Finland) and I was the new hire. He tried that a few time…the fake punches and I just sat there and smiled and showed how physical response.
Not only did I gain his respect but I gained the respect of his very attractive secretary who had very attractive friends.

I know you think you are very evolved and very intelligent…but the reality of the situation is that if it wasn’t for our ability to communicate and have thumbs we are just hairless apes. We are primitive in our wants, our desires and our actions.

So if you wish to evolve and grow…read, learn and be more.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #120
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

I'm sure most of you have experienced when your single you go through droughts, but ONCE you get in a relationship girls start flying at you like those axe commercials.

What's that about? Girls want what they can't have?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #121
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Yes, it's not just about getting laid, just putting it out there as a 'step' to get over.
What is more important is everything behind.

"Vulnerability and Showing Desire

The true power of vulnerability is that it resolves the investment paradox. The investment paradox, as mentioned in the previous chapters, is the apparent conflict between the two aspects of female attraction. Women are attracted to men who are of higher status than themselves (or in our terms, less needy). They are also aroused by men who desire them. The paradox is that typically, if a man shows desire towards a woman, then he’s also showing some degree of neediness or that he’s lower status than she is, thus making himself unattractive.

The common term for this is “putting her on a pedestal."

Vulnerability short-circuits the paradox. A man comfortable being vulnerable will not behave in a needy way. And when desire is shown without neediness, it is attractive. When desire is shown with neediness, it is unattractive."
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #122
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

we all want what we can't have.
But women well it's like this.
They see you with another woman, which indicates that you are a half way decent guy....as in the girl you are with did all the work to check you out...you now have a stamp on your ass that indicates you of good quality....

It's kind of like this. women say the place they look for their future husband or current boyfriend is at work. Why? Simple. They work there so they know they are of good quality and they trust that HR which picked them also did a good job picking a man!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #123
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I'm sure most of you have experienced when your single you go through droughts, but ONCE you get in a relationship girls start flying at you like those axe commercials.

What's that about? Girls want what they can't have?
So true
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #124
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post

It's kind of like this. women say the place they look for their future husband or current boyfriend is at work. Why? Simple. They work there so they know they are of good quality and they trust that HR which picked them also did a good job picking a man!
Women work to find husbands .. not to work
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #125
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Yeah well...they do....
There was a study out there that something like 40% of all women met their husbands at work?
Well when you think about it any company worth it salt has a good HR department where only those who are worthy can have a job.
And if they are worthy of a job...they have demonstrated value...they are worthy of a date.
get it?
And the same for women going after men who have women.
If they are worthy of a girlfriend...they have demonstrated value...theya re worthy of getting picked off.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #126
carve
Major
Rep

Yeah- there are several reasons
1) He's pre-selected, as Shah said. If another desirable woman wants him and is dating him, he's probably quite a catch
2) He already has what he needs, so is inherently un-needy
3) He's not afraid of commitment (although, this is less of a factor than you think. I make no secret that I date several women at once)

There's also a narsistic factor...competitiveness amongst woman. They feel good to know a man with lots of options chooses her above all the others, and they compete for that attention and feel like they win when they get it. It's really primal, but I've been shocked how much this is the case and I'm still getting comfortable owning that COMPLETELY unapologetically.

Grimlock: Tall, lean and twiggy. 5' 8", long brown hair, working on her masters, 125 pounds, bisexual, very perky B-cup, shy at first but literally jumped on me the second I kissed her and...this was amazing...if I put my hands around her waist with my finger tips touching behind her back, my thumbs were only a few inches from touching in front (but I have big hands)! Very sexy. Hopefully she's into girls who aren't butch Probably not relationship materiel though.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #127
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Tall, lean and twiggy. 5' 8", long brown hair, working on her masters, 125 pounds, bisexual, very perky B-cup, shy at first but literally jumped on me the second I kissed her and...this was amazing...if I put my hands around her waist with my finger tips touching behind her back, my thumbs were only a few inches from touching in front (but I have big hands)! Very sexy. Hopefully she's into girls who aren't butch Probably not relationship materiel though.
aw fawk gonna finish the book now

Tears of joy man
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #128
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Back on topic, these books and these articles are more than just about getting laid.
yes getting laid is very very nice and let me tell you...fun!
But what I suggest you do is not only read these books and articles to help you get laid but to do better in your life and business.
The same tools you learn about with respect to posture and dress and behavior which may lead you the well educated the well meaning man to break down the bitch shield of the nice girl at the end of the bar will also help you better understand the dynamic of your work environment. And why people do what they do.

I grew up as the only tan person in an all white town…everyone thought I was a terrorist because I was from iran…not good. And not good for my ego. So growing up I had none, and well it showed not only in my dress but in the way I sat and stood.
My turning point came when I was at university, you know when people walk up and mock punch you in the gut and say “ha ha got you asshole”
Well I use to be that guy who my friends would do that to.
Until I started reading some of these books and when people in halls would mock punch me…I just stood there tall…and even took a few.
I could, I worked out I was athletic and still am. So what’s a punch in the gut from a friend. I just took it and smiled.
It was that my friend was trying to show his dominance to the world so that he would get laid via the fake punch to the gut…but when I stopped falling for it….i broke his mojo.
This worked for me when I went off to work. The CEO of my former company in Finland was Swedish (Swedes being a minority in Finland) and I was the new hire. He tried that a few time…the fake punches and I just sat there and smiled and showed how physical response.
Not only did I gain his respect but I gained the respect of his very attractive secretary who had very attractive friends.

I know you think you are very evolved and very intelligent…but the reality of the situation is that if it wasn’t for our ability to communicate and have thumbs we are just hairless apes. We are primitive in our wants, our desires and our actions.

So if you wish to evolve and grow…read, learn and be more.
Must have been tough being different, I spent my childhood in Canada but was probably too young for any bullying. Back in HK at a international school with roughyl equal number of whites/chinese/other races occasionally someone would 'test' me but I would literally wave a fist at them, I was never large but in my family I guess my dad let me do that (with an older brother) so i was never afraid to fight people. The white kids just back when you stand up for yourself, this is vastly predominatly chinese city, but was still under colonial rule (British, pre 1997) so the races were on a more equal footing I guess. I only had to punch a korean softy once who was in my class when he made fun of me (admitely, not nice, i had/have no social manners) and another time a chinese guy 2 yrs older (but around the same size) stole my ball so I chased him down and a teacher stopped us. The only time I got my ass handed to me when I was tackled hard by a gweilo (white guy) in rugby, but in hindsight that was my fault, cuz i kinda let him, and I didn't know how to tackle/be tackled properly. And the time that hurt I got punched HARD by a fat FAT white kid everyone was making fun of, right in chest with no apology... I just groaned and thought "Ok never make fun of the fat kid again."
Needless to say, this strategy is not wise when you are not at home, I waved my fist at this little thieving/crazy highschool kid/guy who was messing with my bag on what appeared to be a highschool trip in Venice, I was backpacking with two other nerdy chinese guys. bad idea, that one guy only was MENTAL and started swinging like he was on drugs, I ducked/ran but the guy who was a mega bruce lee fan and was showing off his kicks etc all the time FROZE and got his glasses knocked down, the other non-violent Italian kids picked it up for him but the guy was mental just chasing all of us swinging .. in the middle of freaking VENICE tourist capital of the world. Those guys probably hate me now I kinda get being violent only works when you are in a safe environment with teachers/law etc. and kids are left to duke it out amongst themselves.
moral: I can stand up for myself. But that still leaves the 99 other things that are wrong with me..
Appreciate 0