BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Vote for my neighbors Wine Store.....

Hey everyone. Cleveland is doing their annual "hot list" put on by Fox(the tv channel) and my neighbors wine store is currently in the top 3 of his category.

I didn't post this up until now is because we are at the final 2 days of voting and if I had done it earlier it would have definately got lost in the shuffle. So if you guys wouldn't mind casting a vote or 2 it would be much appreciated. You can sign in using your facebook, twitter, yahoo, etc logins as well and you won't get any stupid junk emails from this either. It will take 2 minutes of your time. You can only vote once per email address but you can vote using any email address you use(so if you have 3 you can vote seperately with all 3).

The store to vote for is Vineyards Wine Merchant and its in the Wine Shop Category.

http://fox8.cityvoter.com/vineyards-...hant/biz/55965

Thanks all and hope we can push him into #1!!

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

What if the store really isn't that good?

Maybe a description of why they should be #1 would help?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

Really? You can't take my word on it as a member of this forum? If it was shit I wouldn't go. But they are great people, really knows his stuff about wine, very friendly/clean environment, willing to teach, provides great food during events and doesn't look down upon wine "beginners" like a wine snob.

That enough for you?

Oh an if it were crap I wouldn't suggest it. If it were crap it wouldn't be in the top 3 of 20 or so other stores.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
That enough for you?
It helps, but I think my hesitation was spawned from the way you presented the situation in the OP. You established the store as "your neighbor's store" and so it looked like you were tryinna hook a brotha up.

I don't think anyone should be expected to vote blindly in this contest. There are other contestants who are also trying to legitimately win, and so if people are going to vote, it should be for the right reasons. I have no problem voting if you can vouch for him in a sense that you can support why he should win besides the fact that he's your buddy.

Maybe if we "know before we go" to the polls, we might end up with a good President some day, but I doubt that will happen. Same concept here. I'm not going to vote for someone to win a contest if I don't even know why they should win, based on content relative to the contest itself.

Your second post explained very well why I should go ahead and vote. Your first didn't.

Also, about taking your word as a member of the forum.... Have you read most of the shit that goes down here? Plenty of dbags and homers on this forum, so just being a member isn't a satisfactory qualification to "take your word for it".

I don't take wine shopping lightly, and have spent time in the past searching around for the best store with the most knowledgable and helpful staff I can find, as I really don't have the time nor the interest to become a certifiable wine expert. So, I'm very familiar with these stores and what makes a good one in my opinion, and all I was asking for was some further (relevant) information before I went ahead and voted. I don't think that was too much to ask for; do you?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I'm not going to quote you Raging as that will take up too much space. Anyways I get where you are coming from. I was obviously a little irked because I've seen the "please vote posts" and no one ever posed the why question calling out the reason to vote. I fired that second post from my hip.

I can go on and on with how great I think the store is. Not just because Glen is my friend but because of the other stores I've been in in my area. One that is also at the top of the voting poll makes a habit of lying about pricing. Example, they have a wine Treasure Hunter. I'm sure you can buy it as well. It is a sourced wine and supposedly sources their grapes from rather nice californian vineyards. Well the bottle sells for $19.99. Well this other store constantly "claims" oh this Treasure Hunter comes from such and such vineyard that sells their wine for $120+ and we have it on sale for this great price of $19.99. Its BS and we're appalled that they even do that to their customers. This is not the only wine they pull that "sale" price on.

As for knowledgeable staff. Its Glen and only Glen. Other then on busy nights when his wife and I lend a hand so he isn't swamped.

Also, thank you for the vote it was much appreciated. If there are any typos forgive me. I tapped this out on my blackberry, I also would have went into a lot more detail.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Oh you can also check the store out on facebook under the store name.

retired 06 E90 325i

Last edited by darkcloud; 12-02-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

I just started getting into wine...pretty good stuff

Anyways, I voted for your friend. Good Luck!
      12-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
...I've seen the "please vote posts" and no one ever posed the why question calling out the reason to vote...
I haven't asked for reasons before because I haven't considered doing it. I like a good wine store, and therefore would be glad to support a good wine store, so that's why I was curious of what your friend's place was about.

Didn't mean to come off as a dick.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
lulz
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I haven't asked for reasons before because I haven't considered doing it. I like a good wine store, and therefore would be glad to support a good wine store, so that's why I was curious of what your friend's place was about.

it's all good. I didn't want to come off rude either. I too appreciate a good wine store and have yet to find one I prefer over my neighbors. Not even because I am biased either. I stop into a lot of wine stores just to check them out and compare.

I appreciate every one that has voted!

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
last day of voting tomorrow!

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:

Fuck you you fucking dick!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
please vote bump!

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #14
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Fuck you you fucking dick!
If you're a dick to a dick, does that make you gay?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #15
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: munichs finest

Quote:

Quote:
It helps, but I think my hesitation was spawned from the way you presented the situation in the OP. You established the store as "your neighbor's store" and so it looked like you were tryinna hook a brotha up.

I don't think anyone should be expected to vote blindly in this contest. There are other contestants who are also trying to legitimately win, and so if people are going to vote, it should be for the right reasons. I have no problem voting if you can vouch for him in a sense that you can support why he should win besides the fact that he's your buddy.

Maybe if we "know before we go" to the polls, we might end up with a good President some day, but I doubt that will happen. Same concept here. I'm not going to vote for someone to win a contest if I don't even know why they should win, based on content relative to the contest itself.

Your second post explained very well why I should go ahead and vote. Your first didn't.

Also, about taking your word as a member of the forum.... Have you read most of the shit that goes down here? Plenty of dbags and homers on this forum, so just being a member isn't a satisfactory qualification to "take your word for it".

I don't take wine shopping lightly, and have spent time in the past searching around for the best store with the most knowledgable and helpful staff I can find, as I really don't have the time nor the interest to become a certifiable wine expert. So, I'm very familiar with these stores and what makes a good one in my opinion, and all I was asking for was some further (relevant) information before I went ahead and voted. I don't think that was too much to ask for; do you?
Quote:

Lulz just click the link
      12-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #16
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
so did anyone actually vote? there are 400+ views but no one said if they did or not, well other then raging. even if 200 of the views voted we definately pulled out the W on that one. heck even if 50 peeps voted we prolly got the win so I thank those who voted.

winners are announced on the 14th. i'll let you guys know.

thanks again!

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0