BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #265
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

Yup, that was too much for my brain to take in too.
      07-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #266
Caravello
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishg View Post
thats rich.. whats so emotional about the brand? it's the car not the brand.. if your blinded to the brand, then your a zealot. i find it pretty funny how you'd never drive an audi but R8, oh yes please!!! based on what have you come to that conclusion? just cos it looker cooler? im sorry but there's a word for that, poser.

as for the troll/fanboy like behaviour of people from both this forum and the audi forum it seems equally bad on both sides.. rs4 is a great car and probably the best in the 4-door sedan category. M3 im sure will be a great car too despite whatever shortcomings. At the end of the day you need to choose what's the right car for you based on price/performance and what you want, not just based on whats cool or what everyone else is buying..
Read again, Kish. I said the R8 is the one Audi I would drive.

Cars are emotional, and so is brand loyalty. If you doubt this then you don't know what you are talking about. Maybe if you live in one of those science fiction domes where everyone is perfectly rational like Spock and people buy things based purely ratings and data and then see how those numbers match with their personal satisfaction criteria and database. It's not about "posing". I am loyal to BMW, there's an emotional bond there, and that's just the way it is. But like I say, there are Porsches and Audis I would consider, that are unique enough to "transcend" this emotional bond with BMW.

What is with the "posing" thing? Just b/c someone is loyal to a brand? That is the opposite of posing. Think for yourself and not just react knee-jerk. I know people who are so loyal to Ford, for example, that they buy the new truck even if it isn't that good or the new Chevy is better. It's like a kid; he may not be the brightest or the best but you stick by him b/c he is your blood. Brand loyalty is like that. I am loyal to BMW whereas your loyalty is to something more abstract such as "what car is best for me." I don't think like that. I buy a car, not lease it, I commit to it with hard earned money and I own it; I bet you lease yours, figuring in 3 years when another "better fit" is out there I'll go with it. Always weighing your options, evaluating the magazine reviews, reading up on everything, researching insurance costs, pros and cons, making comparative diagrams, etc.
Appreciate 0