BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Lease SwApp

07-31-2018, 12:16 PM   #45
Never_Enough
I'm a loser
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
I use the rinseless wash FTW.

The older I get, the less I drive myself nuts. Cars get dirty. I'll clean it when I can.

I carry detailer spray, glass cleaner, paper towels & microfiber towels in my cars so I can clean on the fly when I need to.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #46
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Yep, a spray bottle in the garage of ONR and an endless supply of micro fibers keeps me sane.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 12:37 PM   #47
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yep, a spray bottle in the garage of ONR and an endless supply of micro fibers keeps me sane.
Yep. I keep at least four in the car; if more than two of those get dirty, new ones come in from the homestead ... which currently has a stack of about 25 new ones in the closet. I buy more when the stack gets below 10.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 02:58 PM   #48
Never_Enough
I'm a loser
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
I only use the ONR when washing the car. 2 caps worth in the bucket of water. What dilution do you use in the spray bottle as a detailer?

I believe too much/too little of the ONR in the mix will remove whatever polish, etc you have on the car. Not sure if any truth to that.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #49
Germanauto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Anybody seen those guys on r/autodetailing?

The professionals I understand, everybody else are just plain psychos with too much time on their hands.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 07:46 PM   #50
Kyngofpop
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 550 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
and when Janet's involved...the gloves come off lol. All good tho.
Just a programming note:

Janet Jackson or [insert name of any pop star here, no matter the talent level] has absolutely no place on an online forum devoted to BMWs unless she's photographed driving one.

Thank you.

If all goes as planned my intention is photograph her driving MY BMW

Context Note: I'll be seeing her in my BMW which was duly noted in the post and then left behind and the rest of my original post was related to cars in general. Someone else brought her up and I addressed it from there...and moved back to the topic at hand...cars. Maybe you meant to address them and not me...I think yes.

But I'll go back and re-read the TOS agreement because somehow the part you mentioned got left out or I skipped it possibly. : Idk...

Thank You.

Btw anyone with a light colored interior such as the oyster toned interior get annoyed with the constant battle with the armrest? I have a small towel draped over it now so as to try and prevent any smudges but even with the towel crap seems to get thru and make the armrest filthy. Ugh, it's infuriating.
      07-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #51
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Quote:
I only use the ONR when washing the car. 2 caps worth in the bucket of water. What dilution do you use in the spray bottle as a detailer?

I believe too much/too little of the ONR in the mix will remove whatever polish, etc you have on the car. Not sure if any truth to that.
Just a dash in the spray bottle. Use it when washing the car as a pre wash spray too. I've never had it effect wax or sealants.
Appreciate 2
      08-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #52
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 LCI

Garage List
2016 BMW F80 M3  [5.00]
i have a small makeup brush that i keep in the center console. i bust it out to wipe off dust from the HVAC controls, the air vents, etc.

but i have a kid so the rest of the car is pretty much a shit show. i haven't washed the car in weeks.

08-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #53
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

When I had my imperial blue 550i I was so OCD about that car. It showed every imperfection and it drove me nuts. I could never see the car for what it was, a super sleek and good looking sedan. I only saw the imperfections no one else did. I would wash 2 times a week, always dry with leaf blower, use filtered water to prevent spots, polish every 3 months, etc. and at the end of the day the imperfections were inevitable. This was my daily driver. I swore when I replaced the 550i it would be a more forgiving color. Went with mineral gray and now have so much more free time to doing other things I enjoy. My ocd still exists but has been curtailed 10 fold.
Appreciate 0