BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
AlpenWhite25
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: Alpen White BMW M3

Introduction from a New BMW M3 Owner

Hi,please let me Introduce myselve.I am an Ex-Porsche Owner.I have had a Porsche 997 S Supercharged wich unfortunately got Totalled.I have put up a Order for a Brand New BMW M3 Alpen White wich will come in my hands on the end of this Year or maybe in Jan 2008.The truth is i had a bad luck with my P-car( http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=99861 ) BUT i really hope for Better Days with my M...istress.

I just wanted to say Hi to all from the Distant Greece.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Mx3
M
Rep
Drives: 08.SpaceGry.DCT.19's,Tech,+

Welcome!

Wow, you had a nice car. Sorry to hear it got totaled. I’m in a similar position as my car got totaled as well. I had a pristine 2003 M3 that got totaled 6 months ago by a technician at a dealership. I'm waiting for a new M3 and will have a long wait here in the US. Anyway, welcome, I'm sure you'll love your new M3.

Hi from California.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx3 View Post
Welcome!

Wow, you had a nice car. Sorry to hear it got totaled. I’m in a similar position as my car got totaled as well. I had a pristine 2003 M3 that got totaled 6 months ago by a technician at a dealership. I'm waiting for a new M3 and will have a long wait here in the US. Anyway, welcome, I'm sure you'll love your new M3.

Hi from California.

I've got to ask, how the hell did a BMW techie total your car?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpenWhite25 View Post
Hi,please let me Introduce myselve.I am an Ex-Porsche Owner.I have had a Porsche 997 S Supercharged wich unfortunately got Totalled.
Sorry to hear about your car, but at least you are ok. It looked great in the pics - a real shame. Sounds like the accident just happened?

One thing, in the other thread you said:

"i WONT have people staring at me all the time when i am going for a ride"

But I think you might be surprised!

Welcome to the board.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Welcome!

Hi from California.
It seems that technician delite in driving customer's car with carelessness. My friend used to have an S4 wagon (1999). It was totalled by a technician going a 110mph. The technician was running personal errands. How sickining is that?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
It seems that technician delite in driving customer's car with carelessness. My friend used to have an S4 wagon (1999). It was totalled by a technician going a 110mph. The technician was running personal errands. How sickining is that?
thats pretty bad...

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
wowwww

I didn't know this sort of thing happened....
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown08 View Post
wowwww

I didn't know this sort of thing happened....
Are you kidding? It's happened many times with lots of personal accounts found on internet forums.

There are good techs out there, no doubt about it. And I salute them. But, I would happily take a $2k discount on my car in exchange for the BMW "free" service package. I have a private shop that I know will never, ever abuse my cars. I wish I could get my car serviced there under warranty. Heck, I wish I could get my car serviced there at all during the warranty period while still be guaranteed my warranty by BMW if something goes wrong. Sadly neither is the case.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Welcome!

I had a pristine 2003 M3 that got totaled 6 months ago by a technician at a dealership.
Care to say which dealership?

I know of 3 cars that have been totalled by dealer techs in SoCal alone. 1 Benz, 1 Porsche and 1 Audi (probably the same Audi mentioned above, and the crash was so spectacular that it was on our local news)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Wow, you had an awesome car in an wonderful place. I just returned from a vacation to Santorini, Mykonos, Hydra and Athens. We loved the experience and found your weather to be nearly the same as we have here in San Diego. Hopefully your wait for the M will much shorter than mine. I seriously wanted to find a BMW dealership in Athens to see if they had one on display though did not have the time
Appreciate 0