BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
Wally1552
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Good tire balancing shop in north NJ?

Getting pretty bad vibration in steering wheel when dgoing about 80mph. Had the vibration pre spacers but its even more pronounced with the spacers. Macht schnell 15/12mm spacers. Anybody know of any shops that do load balancing as I heard that's the best method?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:08 PM   #2
Wally1552
First Lieutenant
Rep

Found an ETD tire center with a Hunter elite road force machine. In engelwood
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #3
e92BMW///M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I got my tires mounted and balanced there about 3 years ago. Never had any issues and from what I recall it was very reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 10:07 PM   #4
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally1552 View Post
Found an ETD tire center with a Hunter elite road force machine. In engelwood
was it worth the trip, and how much was it (alignment or balance...which is really needed?) ?

I actually purchased my Michelin PS4s with warranty there (ETD tire Englewood) last December, the managers there are AMG enthusiasts and they do really good work on cars like ours.
I used to have vibration above 75mph (similar to your case), NO vibration under that speed. I have ZCP oem wheels with NO damage, i have 15mm/12mm Mach schnell spacers as well.

When they put the new tires on, it stopped the vibration for a while. but after hitting couple pot holes, I seem to get that vibration above 75mph again...looked at it carefully and it doesn't seem to have any damage or bend, im guessing maybe some wheel weights might have fallen off, but i don't know if i need a wheel balance or alignment or both.
      03-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
Wally1552
First Lieutenant
Rep

It was about $50 bucks balancing both front wheels/ grinding rust off the hubs/applying anti seize so thinks it's a good deal. One of my wheels has a slight bend. The applied weights but the vibration while reduced is still there. It's a lot better so oh well
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #6
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Getting pretty bad vibration in steering wheel when dgoing about 80mph. Had the vibration pre spacers but its even more pronounced with the spacers. Macht schnell 15/12mm spacers. Anybody know of any shops that do load balancing as I heard that's the best method?
Had my M5 Road force/load balanced at Autocouture Motoring in Fairlawn. They did a great job of getting rid of my vibrations at 90-95 mph that nobody else could get rid of.
      03-26-2019, 05:33 AM   #7
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was about $50 bucks balancing both front wheels/ grinding rust off the hubs/applying anti seize so thinks it's a good deal. One of my wheels has a slight bend. The applied weights but the vibration while reduced is still there. It's a lot better so oh well
were they able to find out the bent wheel?
To my eyes my wheels aren't bent, it doesn't vibrate at all until 75mph so i highly doubt it...
How did you address the issue to ETD tire? I might stop by sometime this week
      03-26-2019, 09:07 AM   #8
Wally1552
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yes they were able to diagnose my passenger front wheel has a slight bend. However, be aware even brand new wheels and tires are not perfectly round. Even without any bends, its best to balance wheel/tires anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #9
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep

ETD Englewood guys were able to locate a slight bend on one of my front wheels, got sorted out

shoutout to ETD Englewood tire for any wheel/tire repair
      04-03-2019, 05:33 AM   #10
Tellmee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
ETD Englewood guys were able to locate a slight bend on one of my front wheels, got sorted out

shoutout to ETD Englewood tire for any wheel/tire repair
They are overpriced. They tried to charge 280 + tax to swap tpms from one wheels with tires to the other wheels with tires. Went to Mavis in bergenfield and did it for 60 dollars. I suggest Mavis in Bergenfield.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 03:09 AM   #11
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmee View Post
They are overpriced. They tried to charge 280 + tax to swap tpms from one wheels with tires to the other wheels with tires. Went to Mavis in bergenfield and did it for 60 dollars. I suggest Mavis in Bergenfield.
Not a rep from ETD, ETD englewood or anything like that, but their price was very reasonable in my experience. I brought multiple cars there after reading 200+ 5 star reviews & comparing prices around this area for various wheel/tire/alignment job. The managers + workers were very knowledgeable about M/AMG high performance vehicles and took care of them properly (and this is my priority over 10~20% marked up price). More importantly, their after service for any issue was top notch, took care of it right there if unsatisfied.
I guess everyone's experience is different
      04-04-2019, 05:47 AM   #12
Tellmee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
Not a rep from ETD, ETD englewood or anything like that, but their price was very reasonable in my experience. I brought multiple cars there after reading 200+ 5 star reviews & comparing prices around this area for various wheel/tire/alignment job. The managers + workers were very knowledgeable about M/AMG high performance vehicles and took care of them properly (and this is my priority over 10~20% marked up price). More importantly, their after service for any issue was top notch, took care of it right there if unsatisfied.
I guess everyone's experience is different
I am strictly saying based on the price quote. It happened last Sunday so not long ago. And maybe you are right, they could be really knowledgeable on the AMG and M side of cars. But is it worth literally 4 times the price?? Hell no. Did I have any issues from going to Mavis ? No. My car is running perfectly fine with correct tpms programming and wheel balancing. If you are happy, you can keep paying their bill, but I like to use my money more efficiently.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #13
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

AUTOcouture Motoring has a road force balancer and can properly diagnose any issue with your car. I just had them rebalance my front two tire and they were able to make my vibration much better. I just bought my car and it does not have the best tires on there, so they could not get it 100% gone.