BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

02-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #45
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Now I have a question to everyone else simply because I do not know the answer. Why is each pair of rotors different? Two rotors seem to have smaller drilled holes (unless photos are deceiving) and the one with smaller holes has what looks like clips going around it. I would believe that this determines which go in the front verses the rear but why is this?
Front and rear rotors are not identical - they have the same diameter but not the same thickness. The front rotor is a floating rotor whereas the rear rotor is hard mounted to the hat (rear hat has the brake drum for the parking brake shoes).
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #46
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Thank you for the explanation. I knew there was a reason, why do the drilled holes look different in diameter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Front and rear rotors are not identical - they have the same diameter but not the same thickness. The front rotor is a floating rotor whereas the rear rotor is hard mounted to the hat (rear hat has the brake drum for the parking brake shoes).
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #47
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Thank you for the explanation. I knew there was a reason, why do the drilled holes look different in diameter?
They are different in diameter. The hole patterns also are different - front has four holes, the rear alternates between four and three holes. I don't have a Brembo BBK so I don't know if they have other rear rotor options but my guess is the front-rear designs are just different.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #48
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

I did not even notice the 3 and 4 hole pattern. That in itself explains the difference in diameter. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
They are different in diameter. The hole patterns also are different - front has four holes, the rear alternates between four and three holes. I don't have a Brembo BBK so I don't know if they have other rear rotor options but my guess is the front-rear designs are just different.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #49
robspec
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 Austin Yellow

tempted looking for slotted set
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #50
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

I am out of the running or maybe I was never in the running . OP has failed to get in touch with me for two days and I have had those two days to think about this. For what it is I think the price is high considering you will need new front pads and not knowing how much life is left in the rotors it may be better off purchase a new set in the color I want anyhow. If I had have purchased these I would have repainted them to begin with.

I wish the OP the best on selling these. The color is definatly not the color of my choice but it will be for someone out there.

I think I offended the OP with my offer price and that may be why I am not getting any replies anymore. If I offended you in any way I am SORRY but we are all allowed to make offers on what we think something is worth. If you had have PM'd me back we may have been able to work something out.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #51
disapr
drop a gear and...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

The Brembos are SOLD.

Thank's for the interest everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #52
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

Congrats to you and the new owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
The Brembos are SOLD.

Thank's for the interest everyone.
Appreciate 0