BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-09-2018, 02:28 AM   #1
pinaculata
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 ZCP

Rear ended exhaust pushed in

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So I unfortunately got rear ended tonight by a unlicensed piece of sh*t wasn’t even his car. luckily the car is insured and I have full coverage. My rear bash bar did it’s job well enough to not have any noticeable chassis damage and everything seemed to line up well but my bumper is wrecked as well as my rear hanger mounts for my exhaust. I checked my exhaust and noticed It had been pushed in and went ahead and started it and as soon as I did in idle this really bad loud ticking from the front left engine bay. I have a full catless RPI GTM exhaust system and the ticking was overpowering the sound of the exhaust itself. It was obviously drivable so I went ahead and drove it home but on the way there the ticking followed will the throttle the entire way. I’m gonna check it regardless but my anxiety is killing me. Any opinions on what it could be? I would really appreciate it.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
jrwerks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Wrong thread to post in. But if I were you, I would have had it towed home as soon as I heard the ticking. Seeing that it was rear ended and the exhaust was pushed in, good chance the whole muffler system was pushed up forward to the headers which could have cracked your block, bent header or exhaust studs opening the exhaust to make louder noise from a leak etc.
Appreciate 0