BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

another thread on "special colors"

I know we covered this topic before but I want to get into it a little deeper and kill it off so we can yell at noobs who do anything close to this as a repost...

Okay rembember back in the days we were talkin about individual colors such as Dakar Yellow M3's or Laguna Seca Blue M3's and we concluded that we would be able to pic individual colors like those because it is not really that custom

(and they did this for the E46 M3 and E36 M3 with the special colors like those)

I wanted to get LSB and Do you guys think i will have to wait a little longer than everybody else even though i am #1 on the allocation, or would they have it out immediately when they create my car and i chose it?

Anybody who has experience with BMW on this subjects please tell me.

Thanks

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
I know we covered this topic before but I want to get into it a little deeper and kill it off so we can yell at noobs who do anything close to this as a repost...

Okay rembember back in the days we were talkin about individual colors such as Dakar Yellow M3's or Laguna Seca Blue M3's and we concluded that we would be able to pic individual colors like those because it is not really that custom

(and they did this for the E46 M3 and E36 M3 with the special colors like those)

I wanted to get LSB and Do you guys think i will have to wait a little longer than everybody else even though i am #1 on the allocation, or would they have it out immediately when they create my car and i chose it?

Anybody who has experience with BMW on this subjects please tell me.

Thanks

BMWNA is not allowing Individual color orders for the forseeable future on any US car (except 7er I beleive).

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

translation: a BMW consumer in USA will not be able to get any color for their car other than those offered on the website and catalog.

exception #1 - you're purchasing a 7 series, in which case the individual program is available to you, and you can customize your car and color.

exception #2 - you intend on purchasing through bmw's diplomatic, corporate or military program in which case you can also have access to individual options.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
translation: a BMW consumer in USA will not be able to get any color for their car other than those offered on the website and catalog.

exception #1 - you're purchasing a 7 series, in which case the individual program is available to you, and you can customize your car and color.

exception #2 - you intend on purchasing through bmw's diplomatic, corporate or military program in which case you can also have access to individual options.
Question on that...
Laguna Seca Blue was not an official Color on the E46 M3... was it?

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Question on that...
Laguna Seca Blue was not an official Color on the E46 M3... was it?
yes it was.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
yes it was.
i didnt notice it on the BMWusa website at all wen i "built" my own bmw

so im screwed with my Laguna Seca dreams arent I

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

yup, you are... at least if you want it factory painted. sorry man.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
crap i gotta figure out my color options thanks

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
heyyy?! When I teased the newbie the other day for asking when the M3 will go on sale in the US, you gave me a ??

to you for being a hypocrite! haha

don't lie, you know you like messing with newbs a lil
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

lol.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #11
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
esquire please show me where LSB is official color i dont see it on BMW.com

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

paymon. i believe phoenix yellow and laguna seca blue were only offered in the e46 m3's inagaural year. the colors were later removed from the selectable palette. ask anybody.

it's also worth noting that up until several years back people in the united states COULD get the individual option. then bmwusa tightened up its belt and took away individual from us, reasoning that many people were backing out of individual purchases after the cars had been delivered, and furthermore that individual color combinations were leading to lowered overall resale values stateside - an important statistic for bmw. after being rebuked and criticized, bmw usa then decided to roll individual back out to the 7er. many, including myself, believe this is a "pilot" program of sorts, and that bmw intends to roll the individual program back out to all of its models later down the line. but it might be quite some time. don't count on it in the next few years. =/

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:08 PM   #13
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep

Quote:
paymon. i believe phoenix yellow and laguna seca blue were only offered in the e46 m3's inagaural year. the colors were later removed from the selectable palette. ask anybody.

it's also worth noting that up until several years back people in the united states COULD get the individual option. then bmwusa tightened up its belt and took away individual from us, reasoning that many people were backing out of individual purchases after the cars had been delivered, and furthermore that individual color combinations were leading to lowered overall resale values stateside - an important statistic for bmw. after being rebuked and criticized, bmw usa then decide to roll individual back out to the 7er. many, including myself, believe this is a "pilot" program of sorts, and that bmw intends to roll the individual program back out to all of its models later down the line. but it might be quite some time. don't count on it in the next few years. =/
thanks...
I knew it was offered in the beginning just I knew some E46 M3's with 2005 etc.

Do you know when they killed the individual coloring?

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #14
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

i don't. i imagine between 3-6 years ago.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #15
cncmastr
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Cecotto, F85, G05, G07,

Garage List
2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

it's also worth noting that up until several years back people in the united states COULD get the individual option. then bmwusa tightened up its belt and took away individual from us, reasoning that many people were backing out of individual purchases after the cars had been delivered, and furthermore that individual color combinations were leading to lowered overall resale values stateside - an important statistic for bmw. after being rebuked and criticized, bmw usa then decided to roll individual back out to the 7er. many, including myself, believe this is a "pilot" program of sorts, and that bmw intends to roll the individual program back out to all of its models later down the line. but it might be quite some time. don't count on it in the next few years. =/

As far as the inagaural palatte, that is not entirely correct. They discontinued LSB and pheonix yellow for either the 2005 or 2006 models. LSB was replaced with Interlagos which was only available with the competition package.
      04-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
As far as the inagaural palatte, that is not entirely correct. They discontinued LSB and pheonix yellow for either the 2005 or 2006 models. LSB was replaced with Interlagos which was only available with the competition package.
Yes that is correct, you could get LSB up untill 2005. 2004 was the last year.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 02:19 AM   #17
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

It is a sure bet that once the E92 drops here in Europe someone will have theirs done in LSB, but until I see that, I'd need to know it suited the new car before I settled for Alpine White instead. If it suits it, I'd be more than happy to pay Individual prices.
      04-30-2007, 04:08 AM   #18
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
And god Interlagos Blue with the competition package on those CSL 19"s looked good! Still fighting back the urge of getting one in the interim.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 04:56 AM   #19
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

thanks for the clarification.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:34 AM   #20
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Jerez Black

I'm hoping to spec my car up in the next few days. Anyone know how I can get to see a decent samle of Jerez Black before I comit? It's hard to tell what it looks like from the configurator?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:56 AM   #21
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
I'm hoping to spec my car up in the next few days. Anyone know how I can get to see a decent samle of Jerez Black before I comit? It's hard to tell what it looks like from the configurator?
why would you be speccing your car now? even if you do spec it, you wont have to choose color, since you can change your color anytime before the car gets on the assembly line.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 07:35 AM   #22
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
I'd say that if you like carbon black but a tad darker with a splash of green in the blue tinge you'll love it! That's the colour i'm gonna get.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0