BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

03-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #1
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota TRD Camry

Looking To Buy Rare E93 M3 In August

Hey all. I am putting this post out very early as I know these cars take a while to find. I am not looking to buy till August/September. Price is negotiable if the right car with all records and history comes up.

Budget: Under $37k. Mileage: Under 48k

Looking for a 2011-2013 E93 (Convertible) M3.

Colors in order of preference:
Interlagos Blue
Le Mans Blue
Alpine White
Space Grey
Fox Red Interior. (Extended preffered.)

Required (Not Negotiable)
6MT
I-Drive
Comfort Access (Mainly for the remote top)

Preffered but not required:
Rod Bearings Replaced/TA rebuild.
Premium Sound Package (I heard the standard is crap.)
Power Folding Mirrors
Park Distance Control
Adaptive Headlights
Heated Seats

Basically, the more equipment the better, but not a must. Again, price negotiable with the right car. I currently have a 2020 TRD Camry in Supersonic Red, a color only made in 2020. With the price going up, I'll be in a good position to sell it around September and finally get the M3 I've dreamed about since 12 years old.

I am open to trading for the TRD Camry. As it sits now, the car is worth 34k. 3.5L V6, 301 HP, 8 Speed Auto. TRD catback exhaust, larger brakes all around, thicker chassis bracing. It only has 7k miles on it, and has seen only premium fuel. Dealer maintinence records, and window sticker included. Injen Cold Air Intake installed but I can include the stock system with the car at no additional cost. This car has gone up in value by 3k since I bought it in August. If you have or know someone who has, PM or contact me at kyle.vehiclesales@gmail.com. I am willing to give my phone number over PM or email.

Last edited by camREE_trDEE; 04-02-2021 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Expanded color preference
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Good luck with your search.

I just scanned Auto Trader real quick, I saw 6 2011-2013 blue E93s. 2 were 6MT with black interior. And one was actually Interlagos over Fox Red extended, but it's a DCT car.

Any FYI, heated steering wheel not available on these cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #3
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Good luck with your search.

I just scanned Auto Trader real quick, I saw 6 2011-2013 blue E93s. 2 were 6MT with black interior. And one was actually Interlagos over Fox Red extended, but it's a DCT car.
I did see the Interlagos/Fox Red Extended DCT. I got super excited till I saw the DCT. Lol. BMW Build sheets says that only 1 2013 Interlagos/Fox Red 6MT came to the US. And it wasnt extended. I'll probably have to swap the interior myself, which I dont mind doing. I'm very hands on with my vehicles.
      03-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #4
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
So you are going to buy an admittedly rare car and start screwing with it and eliminate it's originality!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #5
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
So you are going to buy an admittedly rare car and start screwing with it and eliminate it's originality!
I am not going to screw with it if it comes in Fox Red. That means it's a 1 of 5 car or something. Which means it needs to stay orginal. But if it's a black interior, those are pretty common so I'd tastefully mod it. I personally think people that supercharge and stance these cars are a bit silly. Of course I wont start messing with a rare car, and plan to keep the exterior looking quite stock, as well the engine. I wont be doing anything that cant be easily reverted, or doesnt add to the car. Eventuri Intake Plenum, better rod bearings, updated TA internals.
      03-30-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by camREE_trDEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
I am not going to screw with it if it comes in Fox Red. That means it's a 1 of 5 car or something. Which means it needs to stay orginal. But if it's a black interior, those are pretty common so I'd tastefully mod it. I personally think people that supercharge and stance these cars are a bit silly. Of course I wont start messing with a rare car, and plan to keep the exterior looking quite stock, as well the engine. I wont be doing anything that cant be easily reverted, or doesnt add to the car. Eventuri Intake Plenum, better rod bearings, updated TA internals.
I wouldn't worry about modifying an e93 even if 1 of 1. Just enjoy it with the top down.
      03-30-2021, 11:49 AM   #7
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I wouldn't worry about modifying an e93 even if 1 of 1. Just enjoy it with the top down.
Oh I intend to. I have never owned a convertible of any sort. But drove a few at the dealership I worked at. Have always wanted one, and also have wanted an E9x M3. So why not combine the two? A screaming (properly warmed up) V8, with the top down.
      03-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #8
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Finding a Fox Red interior on this forum or eBay may not be so simple as you'll need E93 specific seats it sounds like (see link below), and those will be far more rare than E92 seats.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544071

I know you don't want to mess with the car too much, but if you're dead set on this blue/red 6MT combo, what about buying a blue/black 6MT and doing a 6MT swap?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 12:34 PM   #9
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Finding a Fox Red interior on this forum or eBay may not be so simple as you'll need E93 specific seats it sounds like (see link below), and those will be far more rare than E92 seats.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544071

I know you don't want to mess with the car too much, but if you're dead set on this blue/red 6MT combo, what about buying a blue/black 6MT and doing a 6MT swap?
Oof. Very interesting. In the end, the interior color is more important than exterior. I have been mulling over the idea of a Alpine(?) White, or a Space Grey E93 as well, since I am doing mild carbon fibre accents. I just love the Blue/red. My mother does sew and sticth a lot of projects, and she may be open to modifying E92 seat covers to fit a E93. But thats last resort. I'll have to research. The only real must haves are 6MT, Fox Red, and I-Drive. However, Red or Black exteriors are a no. It would be my 3rd red car in a row, and black in Texas is horrid.
      03-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #10
OzCoE92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3

Second hand Fox Red seats are unobtainable, especially for an E93. You would be best to find a car that has them originally. Good luck with the search!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 02:52 PM   #11
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
...I have been mulling over the idea of a Alpine(?) White, or a Space Grey E93 as well.... The only real must haves are 6MT, Fox Red, and I-Drive.
Why wait 'til August

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #12
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

For reference, I purchased a 2013 6MT E93 last year. My first choice color combo was Space Gray over Fox Red, but found a pristine Space Gray over Extended Black (which doesn't really show up that well) and I jumped on it. There is a guy in CT that can redo your seats in Fox Red either by dyeing them or replacing with replacement Fox Red leather (your choice). It is isn't cheap, but it is an option. Like others have mentioned, finding used E93 seats in Fox Red is a tall task. Don't ask how I know.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:16 PM   #13
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

fox red interior is almost completely mined like BTC.. I can't find any D:
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:27 PM   #14
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I saw that one. It's gorgeous albeit a bit out of my price range. The reason I am waiting is cause I'm upside down in my current car, even selling it myself. I'll be in a much better place to sell in August. I am also unemployed due to the Covid19 pandemic. My state just started opening back up so I should have a job quite soon.
      03-30-2021, 03:32 PM   #15
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
For reference, I purchased a 2013 6MT E93 last year. My first choice color combo was Space Gray over Fox Red, but found a pristine Space Gray over Extended Black (which doesn't really show up that well) and I jumped on it. There is a guy in CT that can redo your seats in Fox Red either by dyeing them or replacing with replacement Fox Red leather (your choice). It is isn't cheap, but it is an option. Like others have mentioned, finding used E93 seats in Fox Red is a tall task. Don't ask how I know.
I'll have to look into that option. It seems as if finding a blue/red will be quite a chore for something that can be sorted out after the fact. I already found door pannels in the extended red. And having the seats redone is the best option. I'm planning the interior swap to cost 5k or so, and I'm okay with that.
      03-30-2021, 04:10 PM   #16
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

I wouldn't buy a car based on colors.

When buying these cars its more important to get a good car rather than a the "right" car.

Took me 1 year exactly to find my e90. Only requirements were, slick top and DCT and finding that was insanely hard. I ended up finding one which was space grey which wasn't my first choice but I picked it up because the past owner was a true enthusiast and the car was solid aka a great car. Not because of its color but because of its history

E93 will never gain value ever so getting a "rare" one is kind futile. If you were searching for e92 or e90 it would make more sense to be picky about spec. I understand it may be your preference and you aren't just buying it because its rare but if the rarity is what's driving you I would drop that idea because no one really cares about E93 so the resale won't be effected too much
      03-30-2021, 04:18 PM   #17
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
I wouldn't buy a car based on colors.

When buying these cars its more important to get a good car rather than a the "right" car.

Took me 1 year exactly to find my e90. Only requirements were, slick top and DCT and finding that was insanely hard. I ended up finding one which was space grey which wasn't my first choice but I picked it up because the past owner was a true enthusiast and the car was solid aka a great car. Not because of its color but because of its history

E93 will never gain value ever so getting a "rare" one is kind futile. If you were searching for e92 or e90 it would make more sense to be picky about spec. I understand it may be your preference and you aren't just buying it because its rare but if the rarity is what's driving you I would drop that idea because no one really cares about E93 so the resale won't be effected too much
Yeah, it's mainly preference. However the more I think about it, the more open I have become to any exterior color except red and black. I still strongly prefer Fox Red interior, and a 6MT. But I think I will be expanding my color choice. This will be a car I plan to keep for 4 years or so, so I want it to be taken care of.
CPWINCH733.50
      03-31-2021, 09:19 AM   #18
tbuck
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2016 F23 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
...E93 will never gain value ever....
As an owner of 2 M3 vert's ('02 E46, '98 E36) I can tell you this is very true. They are not in the same category with any other M3 as far as lasting value and desirability. Just a fact. Personally I love a rag top car, still have one that my daughter drives now, but when it comes time to sell I have always taken a loss. When looking for my current M3 I was amazed at how many verts are for sale and how cheap they are. I even entertained the idea of grabbing one for a daily....

Quote:
....I still strongly prefer Fox Red interior, and a 6MT....
The 6MT is another hard to find item on verts as well, so you are adding another layer of difficulty. You are not limited to the US for interior parts, however, so the number of possible interiors is greater than you might think. Schmiedmann is well known on the forums as the supplier of all kinds of goodies for our cars, and, while shipping might be rather high, you would only have to get the vert-specific parts from them.

Anyway, I wish you much luck on your search!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 10:01 AM   #19
RC413
Rep
Drives: E92

No affiliation. Just came across this. Looks like it checks all your boxes ...besides the mileage. Good luck with your search.

https://www.carhouseofgarfield.com/d...mw-m3/74632313
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 10:06 AM   #20
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
As an owner of 2 M3 vert's ('02 E46, '98 E36) I can tell you this is very true. They are not in the same category with any other M3 as far as lasting value and desirability. Just a fact. Personally I love a rag top car, still have one that my daughter drives now, but when it comes time to sell I have always taken a loss. When looking for my current M3 I was amazed at how many verts are for sale and how cheap they are. I even entertained the idea of grabbing one for a daily....

The 6MT is another hard to find item on verts as well, so you are adding another layer of difficulty. You are not limited to the US for interior parts, however, so the number of possible interiors is greater than you might think. Schmiedmann is well known on the forums as the supplier of all kinds of goodies for our cars, and, while shipping might be rather high, you would only have to get the vert-specific parts from them.

Anyway, I wish you much luck on your search!
Thank you for the advice! Yes, this vehicle will be my daily, so I'm not too worried about value. Good to know Euro interiors would work. Opens up some possibilities.
      03-31-2021, 10:10 AM   #21
camREE_trDEE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC413 View Post
No affiliation. Just came across this. Looks like it checks all your boxes ...besides the mileage. Good luck with your search.

https://www.carhouseofgarfield.com/d...mw-m3/74632313
Absolutely beautiful. The steering wheel is actually the one I was going to install anyways. I'm just a bit worried about whats been done mechanically. Not sure if the car is still supercharged, or if it has been reverted back. This will be a daily as well, so I wonder what has been done to the exhaust. Also not a fan of the rims, however I was gonna try a 2017 BMW 666M Wheel swap anyways. Also appears to have Bayoptiks DTM headlights, which is what I was looking to put on it.
      03-31-2021, 10:12 AM   #22
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I'll have to look into that option. It seems as if finding a blue/red will be quite a chore for something that can be sorted out after the fact. I already found door pannels in the extended red. And having the seats redone is the best option. I'm planning the interior swap to cost 5k or so, and I'm okay with that.
There are no EXTENDED red door panels!
Appreciate 0