BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Another Eisenmann thread...

When my E90 arrives I am thinking about getting exhaiust as my first mod and after doing much searching and listening to clips on You Tube I think Eisenmann is the way to go.

I don;t want anything too loud though. Would the Eisemann Sport be good or would you suggest another?
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

You should PM a guy in Houston named Ajax-Prime. He had an Eisenmann Race and then recently went to Eisenmann Sport, because the Race was too loud. Also watch our video here if you haven't yet:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303733

If you like Eisenmann, then go with the Sport version, is what I'm sure Ajax-Prime would advise. The only quiet exhausts I would consider are Dinan, Remus Sport, and Eisenmann Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
I still have my Eisenmann Sport on my daily driver M3 and couldn't be happier.

I say go for it!
      09-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

I might be biased but this video never gets old

09-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
I might be biased but this video never gets old

This vid made my decision for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I'd get the sport so incase you want some more power and decide to add x-pipe/hfc then it'll sound perfect.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
I'd get the sport so incase you want some more power and decide to add x-pipe/hfc then it'll sound perfect.
+1

If the car is your daily, then I suggest the Eisenmann Sport. I do not regret the Sport and just recently added the X-Pipe and HFC.
      09-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have had the Eisenmann Race for over a year now, and honestly it sounds top notch for a rear section. No lie, after it breaks in it sounds better than anything else out there (thats how they justify their huge price tag). But if you're looking for power gains, I think there might be better options out there. Especially if your looking to add an X-pipe, the Eisenmann will turn into something a little too loud. That is just my honest opinion. With the race exhaust, your right below the limit for unacceptable with conservative people so thats good. But with more exhaust mods, the walls of your house will rumble like Jurassic Park.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #9
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

I've now heard both the Eisenmann Race and Sport in person, and the sound on both is the best of any exhaust I've heard so far. As far as volume goes, if you want a quiet exhaust, not too much louder than stock, definitely go with the Sport version. It's one of the quieter exhausts on the market: a touch louder than the Dinan, which is just a little louder than stock.

The only downsides to the Eisenmann Sport IMO is that it is actually a few pounds heavier than stock (most aluminum axle-back exhausts are 10-15 pounds lighter), it is pretty pricey for an aluminum axle-back setup, it's not a bolt on application unless you buy special connecting pipes from IND, the mufflers hang down a bit much (not as bad as the OEM, but more than I'd like), and the performance gains seem a little less than other manufacturers. Sounds like a lot of issues, but these are very minor gripes for what is an incredibly sounding system.
      09-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I have had both, Eisenmann Race and Eisenmann Sport. I'm the one that sold Ajax-Prime my Sport.. To make a long story short. I started with having the Race, thought it was too loud then switched to Sport. I missed the Race so much that I ended up getting another Race put back on. Driving in S4/S5 mode and feeling/hearing that engine uprev on the downshift is just unreal with the Race.. Plus driving through tunnels are fun (in my case sky harbor airport ha)... My wife missed the Race exhaust too so she was glad that I had one put back on.

For whatever reason the Race I have now doesn't seem as loud as the orignal Race I had inside the cabin. I don't know what the difference is, other than my original was missing the rear hangers from the factory.. (IND fixed this ASAP and I was very pleased with the quick response, this is how I ended up with the Sport because they made me a new exhaust).. I can still have a normal conversation in the car with no problems.

Both are great exhausts, I guess it's just personal preference...

Stick to the Sport though if you don't want anything too loud.

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #11
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKBRDR View Post
I have had both, Eisenmann Race and Eisenmann Sport. I'm the one that sold Ajax-Prime my Sport.. To make a long story short. I started with having the Race, thought it was too loud then switched to Sport. I missed the Race so much that I ended up getting another Race put back on. Driving in S4/S5 mode and feeling/hearing that engine uprev on the downshift is just unreal with the Race.. Plus driving through tunnels are fun (in my case sky harbor airport ha)... My wife missed the Race exhaust too so she was glad that I had one put back on.

For whatever reason the Race I have now doesn't seem as loud as the orignal Race I had inside the cabin. I don't know what the difference is, other than my original was missing the rear hangers from the factory.. (IND fixed this ASAP and I was very pleased with the quick response, this is how I ended up with the Sport because they made me a new exhaust).. I can still have a normal conversation in the car with no problems.

Both are great exhausts, I guess it's just personal preference...

Stick to the Sport though if you don't want anything too loud.
Once the new one fully breaks in, it should be as loud as your original one.
      09-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #12
WKBRDR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
I bought the 2nd Race used, they said it only had about 300 miles on it though.. I should have it broken in soon.

-20% Tint/GP Thunder 8500k Bulbs/BMW Performance Pedals/AFE Air Filter/Eisenmann Race
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #13
firewired
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn

I know it's hard to describe sounds, but how different from each other are the Eisenmann and Remus Sports?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #14
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

Sounds like you need an Eisenmann sport with an Aftermarket X Pipe.

speaking of that, does anyone have any good videos of Eisenmann Sport with an X-Pipe ?
      09-29-2009, 04:09 AM   #15
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

How loud is race exactly? The only exhaust I've heard is the C63. Anyone know if it is louder than the C63 or quieter?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #16
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
On the contrary sir, my Eisenmann as well as my friends got quieter and more refined after the break in. Before break in, it sounds like a wild dog trying to escape.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #17
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
Sounds like you need an Eisenmann sport with an Aftermarket X Pipe.

speaking of that, does anyone have any good videos of Eisenmann Sport with an X-Pipe ?
Anyone?? Maybe a video of Sport, X-pipes & HFC's??
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #18
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Anyone?? Maybe a video of Sport, X-pipes & HFC's??
We have a local customer coming in today for an Eisenmann Sport install with a Fabspeed X-pipe. I will ask him if we can take a video
      09-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #19
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Here is a video of my and DonDon's car in the dyno. He has the white E92 with an Eisenmann Race and I have the gray E90 with an Eisenmann Sport. This should give you an idea. It is not that much louder with my Sport, but the sound is much more aggressive.

http://www.fabspeed.com/videos/BMW%2...Dyno%20Run.wmv
      09-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #20
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
We have a local customer coming in today for an Eisenmann Sport install with a Fabspeed X-pipe. I will ask him if we can take a video
Nice
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #21
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Turismo View Post
How loud is race exactly? The only exhaust I've heard is the C63. Anyone know if it is louder than the C63 or quieter?
Good question. I've heard both, but my experience was separated by a few months gap. I would say that they are both equally loud, since the C63 sounds like it already has an upgraded exhaust system. It's hard to say honestly. The C63 may have been louder when you rev it at a standstill, but the M3 with the ER was more consistently loud throughout driving around. The ER is probably slightly less louder than the C63's only when revved. I could be wrong though...

That being said, I felt the Eisenmann Race was still too quiet for my taste.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGuard250 View Post
On the contrary sir, my Eisenmann as well as my friends got quieter and more refined after the break in. Before break in, it sounds like a wild dog trying to escape.
Interesting. Every aftermarket exhaust I've ever owned mellowed out in tone but got louder in volume after a couple of months.