BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
M Power Motorsports

One of the great aspects of owning an M car right now is the community that surrounds it. We have forum members with endless information and we have suppliers and other individuals making products and offering services specific to our cars. Abdul from M Power Motorsports is one of these guys. I got his rebuilt TAs installed on my car last week and it was zero hassle. He was eager to help and willing to accommodate my schedule. You can feel the passion him and his tech (Paul) have for the cars and that is what I look for in a vendor. You get to have the conversations that just don't happen at a dealer. You share experiences, stories, tips, and passion with these people from the first time you meet.

Point being... Abdul and M Power Motorsports are the kind of vendor I prefer to deal with and I have nothing but good things to say. Highly recommended.
Appreciate 3
shmad111.50
wfdeacon881102.50
essjon1114.00
      06-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
Bucki14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Lotus Evora 400

I literally just purchased 2 TAs from Abdul this morning, I can't wait to get them installed. I actually learned about M Power Motorsports from the forums and love that I can come here to hopefully make the best informed decision when doing repairs on the car. So far service has been good with some of the questions I asked via email.

Instagram: boostedtrav_
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:46 PM   #3
kooolaid
Private
Rep
Drives: e93 M3 Lexus GS300

Did anyone use throttle actuator from M Power Motorsports for a long time? Any updates? I placed and order and sent inquiry, but have not heard from the seller other than payment is processed...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
furry
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

text him, I texted a few days back and he responded
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
steezus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i & AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooolaid View Post
Did anyone use throttle actuator from M Power Motorsports for a long time? Any updates? I placed and order and sent inquiry, but have not heard from the seller other than payment is processed...
Did you ever get an update? I placed an order with 1 day shipping early yesterday morning trying to ensure I get it by the weekend and haven't gotten an update. Emailed, texted and called but nothing.

Instagram: ryn.chrs
www.rynchrs.com
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:35 AM   #6
roninCoder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 BMW 325is '11 BMW M3

M Power Motorsports - Still in business?

I ordered a pair of actuators from M Power Motorsports over two weeks ago. I haven't received the parts and I haven't been successful in contacting anyone there. Does anyone know if they are still functioning?

Last edited by roninCoder; 08-27-2019 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninCoder View Post
I ordered a pair of actuators from M Power Motorsports over two weeks ago. I haven't received the parts and I haven't been successful in contacting anyone there. Does anyone know if they are still functioning?
I went thru the same BS a couple weeks ago. After 15 days of no shipping I finally had to (via chat) kindly remind him that OUR reviews and endorsements of his company are what makes it grow since he is not allowed to promote here on the forum. Then I got a lie that my order was shipping that day. He created a label so it showed up on USPS but it didn’t actually ship. Then another back and forth on that the next day, he claimed USPS took it so I told him he should call because if that’s true, they lost it. Then POOF right at the time USPS opened the next day it magically appeared. Almost as if someone went to the post office and dropped of a package at 7am. He said all the right things offered on his own to refund part of the order for the inconvenience BUT he never did. Then he marked my core as being “refunded” but it wasn’t actually refunded to my account for over a week later. All of the great reviews he has are now over a year old, after my experience he’s definitely gone way down from that. The product itself works fine, though I’m pretty sure rebuildUK is the one who actually rebuilds them, but actually getting it and getting your core money back is a diff story. I feel like it’s quicker and cheaper to ship the TAs off to UK for a rebuild rather than go thru Mpower. My experience with Mpower wasn’t good but my advice is do the “chat” option on the website and press a little harder that was the only way I got a response from him
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50
      08-27-2019, 08:51 AM   #8
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
It is unfortunate that the stellar service seems to have dropped off. I apologies to anyone that went this route due to my experience. Hopefully they can turn their operation around and bring back the great service that I experienced.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
It is unfortunate that the stellar service seems to have dropped off. I apologies to anyone that went this route due to my experience. Hopefully they can turn their operation around and bring back the great service that I experienced.
It’s not your fault. It was you’re honest experience at the time and I’m sure you saved a lot of people a lot of money, which is still technically the case, and it’s not up to you to make sure they maintain that level of service so don’t feel bad
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninCoder View Post
I went thru the same BS a couple weeks ago. After 15 days of no shipping I finally had to (via chat) kindly remind him that OUR reviews and endorsements of his company are what makes it grow since he is not allowed to promote here on the forum. Then I got a lie that my order was shipping that day. He created a label so it showed up on USPS but it didn’t actually ship. Then another back and forth on that the next day, he claimed USPS took it so I told him he should call because if that’s true, they lost it. Then POOF right at the time USPS opened the next day it magically appeared. Almost as if someone went to the post office and dropped of a package at 7am. He said all the right things offered on his own to refund part of the order for the inconvenience BUT he never did. Then he marked my core as being “refunded” but it wasn’t actually refunded to my account for over a week later. All of the great reviews he has are now over a year old, after my experience he’s definitely gone way down from that. The product itself works fine, though I’m pretty sure rebuildUK is the one who actually rebuilds them, but actually getting it and getting your core money back is a diff story. I feel like it’s quicker and cheaper to ship the TAs off to UK for a rebuild rather than go thru Mpower. My experience with Mpower wasn’t good but my advice is do the “chat” option on the website and press a little harder that was the only way I got a response from him
I am currently experiencing the same predicament. Took over a week to ship from order date with multiple unanswered emails.

I have had the TA installed yesterday, only for it to throw faulty circuit board codes.

Here's to hoping he fixes this promptly, been without the M3 for 3 weeks and life just isn't the same.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
roninCoder
United_States
Rep

According to my email, the parts are on their way. To paraphrase Mr. Waheed, they have a large number of orders going out without receiving the corresponding large number of returned core's needed to sustain the inventory.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:41 PM   #12
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Someone should let Jason at Rebuild UK know about this thread. After all Abdul is his agent here.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #13
furry
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Actually had a great experience recently. Ordered on like a friday, shipped by the following Wed and received within a few days. Very response via text and received a follow-up for return of the cores.
Appreciate 1
Ngilbe361618.50
      09-04-2019, 05:42 AM   #14
roninCoder
United_States
Rep

The operation was a success

Parts showed up ahead of Labor Day. Installed the new TVA's over the weekend. No codes now. Will post an update to the appropriate thread on my experience. Thanks for the rapid responses.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 03:50 PM   #15
hungryhippo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Bought a pair of actuators and they shipped a few days after promised. Any kind of inquiries take 2 - 3 days to respond. Now I'm waiting for my core refund. Again, no communication or updates.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #16
gfxman
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Two weeks

I bought two actuators 10/15/19. It's been two weeks i've emailed, called, texted... without any response. Anyone hear from them lately?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #17
play2lose
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfxman View Post
I bought two actuators 10/15/19. It's been two weeks i've emailed, called, texted... without any response. Anyone hear from them lately?
I ordered two actuators recently as well. Here's my timeline:

10/13 - Emailed Abdul for availability. Abdul promptly responded same day
saying they had them in stock and could have them to my door by
end of week.
10/14 - Placed order with standard shipping.
10/18 - No shipment notification, emailed Abdul. Abdul responds same day
saying his shipments were delayed and upgraded my shipping to
priority express. Receiving tracking information later same day.
10/21 - Received package

Maybe you could message Mark as well? I have been in constant communication with him about the core returns.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 03:02 PM   #18
gfxman
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to report that I did communicate with them, there was a unexpected backlog but i was able to get them shipped out today. I guess these actuators are begining to died out more frequently as these cars get older.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #19
cromagnon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I haven't had a good experience so far either. I placed the order for two actuators on Friday 10/25. I followed up the following week and was told it would ship by the end of the week. Then I was told it would ship Monday 11/4, then it was Tuesday 11/5. Then on Wednesday, after sending emails and leaving several voicemails with no reply, I receive notification that a shipping label has been generated. As of today it has not been received at a USPS facility.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 06:37 AM   #20
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I think he’s overwhelmed. I can’t imagine that this is the only job he has, but maybe he can speak to this on the forum?

I’ve referred others, and I hear about long delays.

I was fortunate with a quick turnaround to get the car on the road. Long delays for me, I would just buy new...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #21
WalkerM3
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW FR

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.25]
Took 3 weeks for mine, working perfect.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
_paolo
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I had the same experience as some of you guys.

Oct 18: pm'd Abdul to ask about TA's, he replies back that same night and I go ahead and order.

PM'd him a few days later, no reply.

Contacted the company through PayPal. Then the next day Oct 24 I got a voicemail from Mark saying it's gonna ship out in the next couple of days.

Oct 29: Received email with shipping confirmation

Oct 31: received a text message saying they've shipped out the TA's and make sure to return the cores for the warranty docs blah blah blah.

I tracked the package and usps said they didn't have the package yet. I let Mark know about this and said that the package was on its way to the post office.

Received the package 2 days after.

Mark gets an A+ for communication. They're probably just Very busy.