BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
 
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-30-2020, 05:51 PM   #23
Three Pedal Steve
Lieutenant
Three Pedal Steve's Avatar
United_States
516
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Under a Waterfall in Highlands NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
ATLIEN- Just had a positive experience at Eurotechnik on a misfire issue. BMW Asheville wanted to replace the injectors. Eurotechnik correctly diagnosed the problem as a broken valve spring in cylinder #2. They replaced all four valve springs for cylinder #2 for about $3,300 dollars. A pleasure to work with. I am on the waiting list for BE rod bearings.
__________________


memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 2
CSBM51930.00
ATLIEN204.00
      11-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #24
ATLIEN
Captain
ATLIEN's Avatar
204
Rep
668
Posts

Drives: 08 335i & 11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
ATLIEN- Just had a positive experience at Eurotechnik on a misfire issue. BMW Asheville wanted to replace the injectors. Eurotechnik correctly diagnosed the problem as a broken valve spring in cylinder #2. They replaced all four valve springs for cylinder #2 for about $3,300 dollars. A pleasure to work with. I am on the waiting list for BE rod bearings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
ATLIEN- Just had a positive experience at Eurotechnik on a misfire issue. BMW Asheville wanted to replace the injectors. Eurotechnik correctly diagnosed the problem as a broken valve spring in cylinder #2. They replaced all four valve springs for cylinder #2 for about $3,300 dollars. A pleasure to work with. I am on the waiting list for BE rod bearings.
That's awesome to hear!!! I'm looking forward to the service and getting the car totally settled and then off to some fun stuff.
__________________
2011 BMW M3
2008 BMW 335i- MHD STG 1+
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 02:03 PM   #25
DrFerry
Field Marshal
DrFerry's Avatar
United_States
823
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
At 117,685 miles I finally got the rod bearings replaced with BE Bearings and BE spec ARP bolts. Marcus Schall - of Schall Motorsports in Spartanburg South Carolina - did a perfect job, as well as took care of some other small issues the car needed done, such as replacing the header tank return vent pipe, installing new Vibra Technics engine mounts, and lubricating one of the frozen Harrop super charger drive belt idler pulleys.

If you live in the Southeast, and need rod bearings replaced, I highly recommend you consider using Schall Motorsports. Marcus Schall is a professional BMW Technician from Europe, is highly knowledgeable regarding M3s as well as being a true Car-Guy enthusiast.

I was quite anxious about getting the job done, having owned the car since new (2008), the added complexity of the blower sitting atop the engine, and my being very attached to the car. But Marcus provided prompt communications, answered all my questions, and was patient and generous with his time. On top of all that, the car runs perfectly.

https://www.schallmotorsport.com/

**Cross Linked Below** to my rod bearing post in the official condition thread.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1966
__________________
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/HARROP Supercharger/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/Pipercross Air Filter/LUX H8 180/NGK Racing Iridium R2556B-9/BPM Sport Stage II/BPM Sport DCT/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint/APEX SM-10 18X11 ET44 + 12mm Spacers/APEX 75mm Stud Kit/
Appreciate 2
      01-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #26
CSBM5
Colonel
CSBM5's Avatar
1930
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (1)

Great news! Thanks for the input.
__________________
Current Stable:
2019 F87 M2 Competition 6MT, LBB, slicktop, exec pkg
2011.5 E90 M3 6MT Silverstone II, slicktop, Dinan/Eibach, Apex 9.5/10.5x19 with PS4S
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, 219Ms
1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #27
ATLIEN
Captain
ATLIEN's Avatar
204
Rep
668
Posts

Drives: 08 335i & 11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
At 117,685 miles I finally got the rod bearings replaced with BE Bearings and BE spec ARP bolts. Marcus Schall - of Schall Motorsports in Spartanburg South Carolina - did a perfect job, as well as took care of some other small issues the car needed done, such as replacing the header tank return vent pipe, installing new Vibra Technics engine mounts, and lubricating one of the frozen Harrop super charger drive belt idler pulleys.

If you live in the Southeast, and need rod bearings replaced, I highly recommend you consider using Schall Motorsports. Marcus Schall is a professional BMW Technician from Europe, is highly knowledgeable regarding M3s as well as being a true Car-Guy enthusiast.

I was quite anxious about getting the job done, having owned the car since new (2008), the added complexity of the blower sitting atop the engine, and my being very attached to the car. But Marcus provided prompt communications, answered all my questions, and was patient and generous with his time. On top of all that, the car runs perfectly.

https://www.schallmotorsport.com/

**Cross Linked Below** to my rod bearing post in the official condition thread.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1966
Great news. Iím In Greer and heard great things about his shop. How long did it take and did you have to provide parts??
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:09 AM   #28
DrFerry
Field Marshal
DrFerry's Avatar
United_States
823
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLIEN View Post
Great news. Iím In Greer and heard great things about his shop. How long did it take and did you have to provide parts??
Marcus allowed three days to do the rod bearing job, though he had the car slightly longer due to some other work the car needed doing. Schall Motorsports provided all of the parts which had been on order since August 2020. However, BE Bearings are now back up and running again - after being down due to WuFlu. The shop isn't fancy, but in my opinion it's the person and their expertise that inspire customer confidence - at least in my case. PS: The shop is chock full of M3s of all vintages. I wish I'd taken a picture...
__________________
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/HARROP Supercharger/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/Pipercross Air Filter/LUX H8 180/NGK Racing Iridium R2556B-9/BPM Sport Stage II/BPM Sport DCT/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint/APEX SM-10 18X11 ET44 + 12mm Spacers/APEX 75mm Stud Kit/
Appreciate 2
ATLIEN204.00
CSBM51930.00
      01-09-2021, 07:27 AM   #29
CSBM5
Colonel
CSBM5's Avatar
1930
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Marcus allowed three days to do the rod bearing job, though he had the car slightly longer due to some other work the car needed doing. Schall Motorsports provided all of the parts which had been on order since August 2020. However, BE Bearings are now back up and running again - after being down due to WuFlu. The shop isn't fancy, but in my opinion it's the person and their expertise that inspire customer confidence - at least in my case. PS: The shop is chock full of M3s of all vintages. I wish I'd taken a picture...
Good to know. It looks like those of us in this region have two places to consider now - Schall and Eurotechnik. I live literally exactly half-way between these two shops (40min drive to each) in mid-upper Greenville county although the roads up to Hendersonville are a lot more fun to drive, lol. Although I imagine I would enjoy talking with Marcus about M30 engines and all (seriously old school by now former triple sidedraft Weber M30 owner here).
__________________
Current Stable:
2019 F87 M2 Competition 6MT, LBB, slicktop, exec pkg
2011.5 E90 M3 6MT Silverstone II, slicktop, Dinan/Eibach, Apex 9.5/10.5x19 with PS4S
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, 219Ms
1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner

Last edited by CSBM5; 01-09-2021 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 07:31 AM   #30
CSBM5
Colonel
CSBM5's Avatar
1930
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
ATLIEN- Just had a positive experience at Eurotechnik on a misfire issue. BMW Asheville wanted to replace the injectors. Eurotechnik correctly diagnosed the problem as a broken valve spring in cylinder #2. They replaced all four valve springs for cylinder #2 for about $3,300 dollars. A pleasure to work with. I am on the waiting list for BE rod bearings.
Steve,

Did you ever get the rod bearings done? Also, someday perhaps we'll meet up at an event and have some Bavaria-talk finally. I wish we could get on that Michelin wet handling course again...maybe someday they'll let the club have access to it once more.

Regards,
Chuck
__________________
Current Stable:
2019 F87 M2 Competition 6MT, LBB, slicktop, exec pkg
2011.5 E90 M3 6MT Silverstone II, slicktop, Dinan/Eibach, Apex 9.5/10.5x19 with PS4S
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, 219Ms
1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #31
ATLIEN
Captain
ATLIEN's Avatar
204
Rep
668
Posts

Drives: 08 335i & 11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
ATLIEN- Just had a positive experience at Eurotechnik on a misfire issue. BMW Asheville wanted to replace the injectors. Eurotechnik correctly diagnosed the problem as a broken valve spring in cylinder #2. They replaced all four valve springs for cylinder #2 for about $3,300 dollars. A pleasure to work with. I am on the waiting list for BE rod bearings.
Steve,

Did you ever get the rod bearings done? Also, someday perhaps we'll meet up at an event and have some Bavaria-talk finally. I wish we could get on that Michelin wet handling course again...maybe someday they'll let the club have access to it once more.

Regards,
Chuck
I'm in the Greer area and would love to get together. It'd be neat to do a roll call for us GSP folks.
__________________
2011 BMW M3
2008 BMW 335i- MHD STG 1+
Appreciate 1
CSBM51930.00
      01-15-2021, 10:43 PM   #32
Three Pedal Steve
Lieutenant
Three Pedal Steve's Avatar
United_States
516
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Under a Waterfall in Highlands NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Steve,

Did you ever get the rod bearings done? Also, someday perhaps we'll meet up at an event and have some Bavaria-talk finally. I wish we could get on that Michelin wet handling course again...maybe someday they'll let the club have access to it once more.

Regards,
Chuck
Chuck- We have been doing the stay at home thing so no, R/B not done yet. Maybe in March after second vaccine shot. I am all in on talking e3. Anytime.

Did you happen to get a photo that day at Michelin Drifting School when my M3 spun on the back straight? 60mph ass first and screaming in second gear. Yes, let's do it again.
__________________


memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 10:48 PM   #33
Three Pedal Steve
Lieutenant
Three Pedal Steve's Avatar
United_States
516
Rep
545
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Under a Waterfall in Highlands NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLIEN View Post
I'm in the Greer area and would love to get together. It'd be neat to do a roll call for us GSP folks.
This spring I would be glad to host a drive on the back roads around Highlands/Cashiers. Or the Moonshiner Highway that starts in Walhalla SC and ends at the Tail of the Dragon. Amazing and diverse.
__________________


memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 3
CSBM51930.00
DrFerry823.00
ATLIEN204.00
      01-26-2021, 10:49 AM   #34
TooSoonJunior
Lieutenant Colonel
TooSoonJunior's Avatar
United_States
765
Rep
1,721
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NC

iTrader: (26)

Great info in this thread for NC & SC owners. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry823.00
      04-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #35
CSBM5
Colonel
CSBM5's Avatar
1930
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLIEN View Post
I live in Greenville and use Century. They are a pretty good dealership for your service work and are pretty cool to deal with. I'm looking for an enthusiast shop for mods and the like here in town though.
We haven't hardly driven the M2C in the past year, so I finally got around to taking it in for scheduled maintenance and used Century. It needed oil/filter, microfilter and brake fluid flush. I got there at 9am, waited on it, and was out by 10:45. Excellent service, great service adviser, superb communication, etc. Very pleased with their attention to detail, my request not to wash it, etc. The car is now 2.5 years old, 12k miles, garaged 24/7 with the M3 next to it.

I did drive it to the MX1 event a couple of weekends ago, and I should have checked in here to see who else local was attending. It was a nice C&C at the CCA HQ, and the weather held off too which was excellent.
__________________
Current Stable:
2019 F87 M2 Competition 6MT, LBB, slicktop, exec pkg
2011.5 E90 M3 6MT Silverstone II, slicktop, Dinan/Eibach, Apex 9.5/10.5x19 with PS4S
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, 219Ms
1975 CanAm 125MX2, stock, original owner
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 01:23 PM   #36
ATLIEN
Captain
ATLIEN's Avatar
204
Rep
668
Posts

Drives: 08 335i & 11 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Greenville, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLIEN View Post
I live in Greenville and use Century. They are a pretty good dealership for your service work and are pretty cool to deal with. I'm looking for an enthusiast shop for mods and the like here in town though.
We haven't hardly driven the M2C in the past year, so I finally got around to taking it in for scheduled maintenance and used Century. It needed oil/filter, microfilter and brake fluid flush. I got there at 9am, waited on it, and was out by 10:45. Excellent service, great service adviser, superb communication, etc. Very pleased with their attention to detail, my request not to wash it, etc. The car is now 2.5 years old, 12k miles, garaged 24/7 with the M3 next to it.

I did drive it to the MX1 event a couple of weekends ago, and I should have checked in here to see who else local was attending. It was a nice C&C at the CCA HQ, and the weather held off too which was excellent.
Nice!!! They've done some good warranty work and kept me in a decent loaner.
__________________
2011 BMW M3
2008 BMW 335i- MHD STG 1+
Appreciate 1
CSBM51930.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST