BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

08-07-2022, 11:35 PM   #1
Alexand3r
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 '12

CIC/Radio not working after some water ingress

Hi.

Long story short, after some water went on the cables and computers that are located in the engine bay, the CIC isn't starting up. Also I have a AK Motion display in the vent, which is not starting up also, so I guess they take power from the same source.

The water was there for 1-2 hours and after that I disconnected everything and made sure everything was dry and clean. I have no other issues apart from this one.

I checked all the fuses that I see are for the CIC, but they all seem fine. The only thing I found out is that the bed of fuse 14, doesn't have 12V on it, when the car is working. So now I'm trying to track it down, where does the cable go from fuse 14? I cannot find electrical diagram of the cables of the fuse box, so if anyone has one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 01:02 PM   #2
Alexand3r
Private
Rep

Follow up - turned out that a DC-DC converter that is located next to the ECU has failed due to the water. Fuse 14 is getting power supply from that converter, that's why there wasn't any power on the fuse.

There are two converters located there, one is for the radio and the second one is for the gearbox (DCT)

Converter part number for the radio is 61429253209.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 12:10 PM   #3
Alexand3r
Private
Rep

Okay... Doing this thread alone, but some help would be highly appreciated!

Changed the DC/DC Converter and turned out its not from it. I measured the if that goes into it and there is no power supply whatsoever on any of the cables...

Can someone help me with a wiring diagram, on which I can see where the cables to the DC/DC Converter are coming from? There are three cables, as shown on the photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0