BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-17-2022, 01:34 PM   #23
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlug View Post
Are they going to be made by Avant Garde?
They couldn't disclose who was doing the manufacturing, as they don't want to get sued by BMW since the design is a 1:1 clone for the face of the wheel.

We know they are being made in Taiwan in a facility that makes forged wheels for multiple manufacturers, that's about it.

If I had to take a guess, I doubt Avant Garde is involved in this run, as they have no problem putting their name on their M359 reps.

There's also a plan to get a better hyper silver finish that should be a near perfect match to the OEM ZCP finish in both color and durability.

We also have the option to purchase the wheels raw, and then you can have the finishing done by someone of your choice.

I have a reputable place by me that claims they can perfectly replicate the ZCP finish and have done it many times before, so I'm considering ordering raw, and having them do the finish so it's perfect. Looking for a lifetime setup with zero compromises, and this looks to be finally it.

The forged set should help offset the weight from the wider tires as well getting the total package weight much closer to the stock setup, not to mention the strength/durability increase.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 01:58 PM   #24
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
They couldn't disclose who was doing the manufacturing, as they don't want to get sued by BMW since the design is a 1:1 clone for the face of the wheel.

We know they are being made in Taiwan in a facility that makes forged wheels for multiple manufacturers, that's about it.

If I had to take a guess, I doubt Avant Garde is involved in this run, as they have no problem putting their name on their M359 reps.

There's also a plan to get a better hyper silver finish that should be a near perfect match to the OEM ZCP finish in both color and durability.

We also have the option to purchase the wheels raw, and then you can have the finishing done by someone of your choice.

I have a reputable place by me that claims they can perfectly replicate the ZCP finish and have done it many times before, so I'm considering ordering raw, and having them do the finish so it's perfect. Looking for a lifetime setup with zero compromises, and this looks to be finally it.

The forged set should help offset the weight from the wider tires as well getting the total package weight much closer to the stock setup, not to mention the strength/durability increase.
This is awesome news! Is Matt at EC organizing this?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 02:51 AM   #25
DjMarkOne
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
This is awesome news! Is Matt at EC organizing this?
Attached Images

🏁 IG: sincity_racer
Appreciate 0