BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #89
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Yes, it has. Not sure what will replace it. I love the way it revs and the noise it makes. In the price range, nothing can come close. The only other car that come to mind is a 991 GT3 but, that's triple the price of the M. The way the car feels in your hands and communicates with you simply leave you breathless for a car of this time period. Surely, it's going to be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #90
Darkone
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
wanna hear something funny.

my last car had a LS3 engine. this was my last car, skip to 1.50 to hear what a man LS3 sounded like. hahah
Love the sound and smell of headers, upgraded cam and cutouts in the morning!!

SS Camaro for the win! Did you hate the cutouts after awhile? I had some of those but they started to leak, could smell it in the cabin, started hating that I put them on!

What else did you do to it? Looks like a beast! Why did you sell it?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #91
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Love the sound and smell of headers, upgraded cam and cutouts in the morning!!

SS Camaro for the win! Did you hate the cutouts after awhile? I had some of those but they started to leak, could smell it in the cabin, started hating that I put them on!

What else did you do to it? Looks like a beast! Why did you sell it?
ya i never had cutout problems.

car had cam, heads, long tubes, catback and Cutouts. TWS nurburgring rims with Mic Pilot SS 315 tires. BMR stage 2 suspension. put down 490WHP on dyno.

she was a monster. it was one of those things where you experience and you lust for something different.(had the car for over 3 years) i wanted something i could daily drive, have some luxury, and enough performance where i didn't want to change it. i loved the M3 in that sense. the second i sat in the M3 i knew it was the car. LOVED the high revving engine also

camaro was rough to drive, and i didn't want to daily drive it. i leased a 328i at that time. the camaro did more sitting than anything else. i also worried about the car to much. with that much work done is hard not to care about the car.

if i could have m3 and my camaro i would!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #92
Darkone
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

Quote:
ya i never had cutout problems.

car had cam, heads, long tubes, catback and Cutouts. TWS nurburgring rims with Mic Pilot SS 315 tires. BMR stage 2 suspension. put down 490WHP on dyno.

she was a monster. it was one of those things where you experience and you lust for something different.(had the car for over 3 years) i wanted something i could daily drive, have some luxury, and enough performance where i didn't want to change it. i loved the M3 in that sense. the second i sat in the M3 i knew it was the car. LOVED the high revving engine also

camaro was rough to drive, and i didn't want to daily drive it. i leased a 328i at that time. the camaro did more sitting than anything else. i also worried about the car to much. with that much work done is hard not to care about the car.

if i could have m3 and my camaro i would!
I know TWS they make some great rims and they are light as hell. Great thing is they are not that horribly expensive either.

I am like you although I love the M3 I gotta tell you, I saw a ZL1 the other day and I was drooling over it and looking at it from all angles until I realized there was an old guy sitting in it laughing at me. He was cool he got out and showed me around the car....man that car is sex.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #93
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know TWS they make some great rims and they are light as hell. Great thing is they are not that horribly expensive either.

I am like you although I love the M3 I gotta tell you, I saw a ZL1 the other day and I was drooling over it and looking at it from all angles until I realized there was an old guy sitting in it laughing at me. He was cool he got out and showed me around the car....man that car is sex.
ya its pretty cool. although the visibility is terrible when comparing to M3
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #94
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

OP, i share your sentiments. The S65 has well and truly screwed me up. I test drove the 991 C2S and felt it was a downgrade. It sounded awful next to the S65. I don't care how much quicker it goes round a track, but the sound it made was unacceptable for the price premium it commands over the M3. I am planning to get a 991 GT3 and that's only because that engine revs to 9k rpm. It probably won't sound more melodic than the S65, but that rev limit is definitely respectable
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #95
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....
Rep
Drives: LMB 2011 BMW e93

The S85 ruined me. I traded to a 335i and couldn't stand it. The S65 is a great engine I have wanted for a while now.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #96
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09
I'm probably the minority, but I don't think the S65 has ruined me at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a great engine and a great car, but I guess I'm jaded after daily driving it for 70K+ miles.

Just glanced through this thread and it seems like a lot of new owners here. Sad to say, that initial excitement goes away after awhile. Just like the hot girl you get bored with...variety is key. I'm sure even people who daily cars like 430s and gallardos get bored with them after awhile.

As for the next car, a 8000+ rpm is great, but a smaller and lighter package along with something that feels more "raw" is more fun IMO.
^ excellent point.

However, I have learned my lesson this time around and will stay with the current M3. I have thoroughly regretted selling my e36 and my e46 (a bit less...) and with this being the only high revving V8 M3 ever, I will stick with it even though a potential M2 could be very interesting. And I have a stripper M3 in white "only".

To each their own, M cars will always have a strong following with people that have strong opinion, hence why this forum and others are mostly entertaining. I have driven previous GT3s and unlike our M3, it is not a very practical car and less forgiving, different crowd and $$$$$$$$$.

Happy motoring!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #97
Maypo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IBM E92

I have owned a lot of cars, and over the years have honed my mental 'specs' as to what a car would be like if I were the designer. M3s, as a class, are my kind of car, and the E92 is very close to ideal. A 10% smaller V8 and 20% less total weight would be nirvana.

I bought mine from a dealer in another state without even having driven one (a brief ride the previous year was my only in-car experience). There were things about my previous E46 version I preferred, like the window lifts on the console, openable rear windows, the overall smaller package, ... but the E92 is better in most ways. And like others have said, the longer I own it, the more I get attached.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #98
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ezio, How about a CTSV? Saw one of these the other day. Black with black wheels yellow calipers, looked super sweet in black.
there was a CTSV with that same look at a local dealership. i think they are sweet cars. although i am talking about next car in about 2 years. the current CTS V is going to be more outdated by then if you ask me.

i would be looking at next generation. which i know nothing about!

although that idea is pretty good. i hope they will have some at the Detroit auto show which i am going to.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 04:59 AM   #99
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
there was a CTSV with that same look at a local dealership. i think they are sweet cars. although i am talking about next car in about 2 years. the current CTS V is going to be more outdated by then if you ask me.

i would be looking at next generation. which i know nothing about!

although that idea is pretty good. i hope they will have some at the Detroit auto show which i am going to.
This is one of the only things I miss about moving from SE Michigan: NAIAS! I'll experience it vicariously through you.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #100
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

wish i could drive them one day.
      12-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #101
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
Apparently he has no idea what hes talking about and is basing this crap on a single test drive. Ive owned the v8 for a year. Epic ownership experience and the attention you get is overwhelming. Staight line performance is similar to a DCT e92 (if the e92 can stick on take-off), but it owns the M3 in every other aspect. It has plenty of performance for what anyone would ever need, only go v10 if you have a big ego or are just a 0-60 junkie. If you're single this is the car for you. Ever been offered a BJ by a random beautiful woman in trade for a ride in your M3? Didnt think so
ya the R8 V8 or V10 has that exotic appeal. so its no surprise the attention you get is great.

although i think your V10 statement is kind of childish. some people like the V10 sound and more power. its more than 0-60. V10 shines on the highway pulls also. personally i would want the V10 but if it came down to it i would be happy with the V8. gotta respect both engines man.

i am pretty sure deep down in side most would take a R8 V8 or V10 over a M3. no need to even comment on that.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #102
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

Quote:
ya the R8 V8 or V10 has that exotic appeal. so its no surprise the attention you get is great.

although i think your V10 statement is kind of childish. some people like the V10 sound and more power. its more than 0-60. V10 shines on the highway pulls also. personally i would want the V10 but if it came down to it i would be happy with the V8. gotta respect both engines man.

i am pretty sure deep down in side most would take a R8 V8 or V10 over a M3. no need to even comment on that.
Its not childish, its literally the exact discussion we've had between R8 owners. For a while the guys were pressuring me to drop the V8 for the V10. Some of the V10 owners interjected and stated that their decision to purchase the V10 was purely for ego, not performance. I've driven other owners V10s and personally I like the feel of the V8 much more. Its way more raw, kind of like how the e92 feels. The V10 is almost too refined and smooth, kind of like the GTR. Performance wise you're are correct, the V10 is a monster and is pulls harder at speed as well, but for most everyday people the V8 is plenty of power. These days we are getting spoiled with all this horsepower and performance right out of the gate. I mean shit, I remember the days when 300 hp was a lot for a production car! To say a 441 hp V8 R8 is shit is just stupid.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #103
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its not childish, its literally the exact discussion we've had between R8 owners. For a while the guys were pressuring me to drop the V8 for the V10. Some of the V10 owners interjected and stated that their decision to purchase the V10 was purely for ego, not performance. I've driven other owners V10s and personally I like the feel of the V8 much more. Its way more raw, kind of like how the e92 feels. The V10 is almost too refined and smooth, kind of like the GTR. Performance wise you're are correct, the V10 is a monster and is pulls harder at speed as well, but for most everyday people the V8 is plenty of power. These days we are getting spoiled with all this horsepower and performance right out of the gate. I mean shit, I remember the days when 300 hp was a lot for a production car! To say a 441 hp V8 R8 is shit is just stupid.
ya i feel you. i have never driven a R8 so i cant comment on V8 Vs V10. all i know is one has more power and sounds more exotic. but people do seem to love the V8s.

i think they are great cars regardless. i heard the next generation is going to be pretty al some also.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #104
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

Quote:
ya i feel you. i have never driven a R8 so i cant comment on V8 Vs V10. all i know is one has more power and sounds more exotic. but people do seem to love the V8s.

i think they are great cars regardless. i heard the next generation is going to be pretty al some also.
I agree that stock for stock the V10 is exotic sounding, but quiet. However I slapped a Capristo exhaust on my V8. Sounds EPIC!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #105
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree that stock for stock the V10 is exotic sounding, but quiet. However I slapped a Capristo exhaust on my V8. Sounds EPIC!
hah i bet!
Appreciate 0