BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
savage.ulm
Rep
n/a
Drives:

It happened today!!! Seen, touched and tested new M3!!

Hi,
today probably is my good day..I will use my best English to descrive what I felt during a trip to the Motorsport near Munchen. I ordered an M3 in Italy where I live and I needed to decide in short time for the color, so I decided to take a risk and go where the M cars , born.
I arrived at the facility not well knowing what to do..The entrance was open and some people were speaking. I told them if it could be possibile to see a new M3 since I am an Italian customer and I drove many hours only trying to see one in person.They told me….come on

I sew them…not one, not two…but many many,many. I sew all the possibile colours except the Space grau. I touched them…The red ones just came back from Spain. The Interlagos one etc. So here are my comments about the colours and the car.

White: I agree with …JUS as for his post….It is not so special seen in person. I wanted the white one and I am happy to have avoided this choice. Flat final impression. Red one: fantastic style,much better than by posts and pictures. The interiors are not bad and not so yellow as they seemed. Not a color for me, I am sure that after 6 months it twill be bore me. Interlagos Blue: there is too much purple effect in my opinion and not so nice contrast between the carbon “black” roof and the color. It is only my opinion. Sparkling Grafite: it is a “sad” color…very dark and not elegant. Not bad, it is sportive color but not brillant and too dark. I would say….sad color. Black Jerez: fantastic effect. I would say she seems like a predator. The gray interiors are great. Only you will loose forever the multiple details that the car has…So it is a choice to renounce or not to these details. Finally I sew one color that raped me. I sew the Silverstone one. Fan…tas…tic!!!why? like for the m5, it is changing to a light azur into the effect of the sun. So it is not so light as you can see from the post from the Italian circuit of Misano Adriatico . In that post, in those pics you see a very clear gray…I didn’t love those pics, but I have to say that by person the car raped my fantasy,and took my breath. The details are so evident…So evident!!!The contrasts are incredibile, and what I sew for the first time was also the contrast between the dark gray wheels (18”) and the Silverstone color…Incredibile. The car looks elegant (due to the delicate color) and predator (due to the contrast and the dark wheels,details and roof) in the same time. So this will be my final choice. They told me that it will be available also the dark 19”wheels. Told this I have to say the the full red interiors are incredibile. The red is nota n annoying red…It is very good tone of red and you will never be tired about this. The interiors in this way takes many points,I mean that looks much much nicer than in all the pics I sew untill today. Finally I tested the car like a passenger. The engine is a mostre. The sound is incredibile. The understeer is not evident. The oversteer in the hands of the pilots seems so easyyy, that I would say it will be better to be carefull and not to copy these pilots too often. Very impressive. The lateral force during a turn is nothing that I can descrive with my poor English. I can only say that she seems a go-kart!!

The rear tires slip in 1th ,2th and 3th gear!!!!and we were in 3 persons….The 200 km-h arrive in few seconds…They told me that the official time of 4,8 sec 0-100km-h is in reality 4,6. The 15,8 that they declares for the 0-200km-h are about 15 sec in reality. I asked about the time to the Ring, and they told me only…wait for and you will see…They were smiling.

Regarding the carbon trims inside the cabin, I could say very nice…Not soft to the touch,but very nice…Another important impact from inside is the bulge..You can see it from many angles and you will always love it. The pictures already seen into this blog are so bad….They give a false prospective.This detail seen by person is very nice expecially when you see it from inside.You feel the power also looking at this detail…

The pictures were not allowed from inside the company. I made my best to take few of them.

Sorry fot the long post. My enthusiasm now is multiplied for 100 times. After many sad posts and articles I would today, suggest, to wait for, to see her in person and to test her. You will not sleep like me tonight….I am sure that we will enjoy this car and many bad posts and negativities will be forgotten after a similar experience…Bye.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
SeanFitz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW 330Ci

Finally I sew one color that raped me.

Awesome, I'll be laughing about that all day, thanks for the story and pictures!

Did you feel that the red interior complemented the silverstone exterior? It looks quite red in the bright sunlight of your pictures, is it more brown in real life?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Very nice!!
Incredible how they just took you in to see the car, much less to test ride it. Good to hear they were handing out information. Too bad about the `Ring time.
So, is that true, black 19's?
Any more info on the beige interior or exterior color? Can't believe Silverstone is the only one to get.
From the pics, the gray interior, guess Paladium Silver, looked pretty dull. Did it look kinda blue?
      08-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Oh, what an adventure! I am a bit skeptical he could simply arrive, ask to see an M, and go for a spin. Then again, some folks can talk their way into just about anything!

Nice job with the post and pics on a day when we are so sick of the same old schiet. So, thanks for your time and writing.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
savage.ulm
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Very nice!!
Incredible how they just took you in to see the car, much less to test ride it. Good to hear they were handing out information. Too bad about the `Ring time.
So, is that true, black 19's?
Any more info on the beige interior or exterior color? Can't believe Silverstone is the only one to get.
From the pics, the gray interior, guess Paladium Silver, looked pretty dull. Did it look kinda blue?
Sorry, no pics from inside the company. This is why I have only the pics during the test of the Silverstone car.Beige is nice, not so yellow like it appears in some pics. Nice combination. That red colour is really nice...and deep. But not for me. The big surprice was the white..not good as described into the pics of the catalogue. I understand that it seems incredible what happened to me today, but who knows that area, knows that the there is the possibility to walk near the company and simply to take pics from outside,as I made for other M cars. The test drive was a present I think,since I was in the right moment with the right person. This is why I feel luky today. See at the pic of the instruments. You will see the hour when it happened and the date...Anyway the gray interior was combined with the black car near the door..it was a great combination as I told before. Only you will loose many exterior details. The Interlagos today seemed to me too rich of purple.I think is a great colour too, but in my opinion is some condition of lights I will not like it. Much better the red one.Sparkling in my opinion is not the best choice too...These are only opinions...Silverstone and not because is my choise, is incredibly good compromise between elegance and aggressive look. Never i was thinking about it!!!Untill today...with the dark wheels. Confirmed the dark 19"
Bye
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
savage.ulm
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanFitz View Post
Awesome, I'll be laughing about that all day, thanks for the story and pictures!

Did you feel that the red interior complemented the silverstone exterior? It looks quite red in the bright sunlight of your pictures, is it more brown in real life?

much much more brown. And what I felt when I was sitted inside, was that the combination is so hot and absolutely not boring. I am not able to explain better,sorry. It is not my language, but beleive me I would never buy a red that can borrow me in few months. They have choosen the perfect red in my opinion...And the interior looks so good looking at 360 degrees...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #8
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Thanks for the excellent write-up and pictures. Great stuff
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #9
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

That was a great description of your day. I have always been torn between the black jerez and the silverstone, which were the 2 colors that you seemed to like the best too.

Your english is much better then about 30% of the people who actually live in the US. Thanks again.
      08-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep
Drives: M3

Thank you SO much, you are a hero for sure. The red looks surprisingly decent in those pics. Silverstone looks good too, I just can't get my head around owning that color tho...seeing one in person might change could change my mind tho.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #11
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Wait a minute....why were you in a left-hand drive car?
      08-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

I echo everyone's statements in saying thank you very, very much,

Well done...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #13
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

its good to hear that you liked the silverstone.. i think whats lacking in the white is a pearl affect that all the other luxury brands add to there white.

i think i would go with jerez black or a black color m3 because it would suite the red interior that i want.. i just think going silver outside carbon fiber/black and red leather is just adding too many colors.. black and red will be a great combo in my opinion...

also i believe the blue will work nice with some tinted windows.. but thats to much color for me. black it is. i still want to see them all in person to make a final judgement..

thanks for you review and pictures!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedg35 View Post
its good to hear that you liked the silverstone.. i think whats lacking in the white is a pearl affect that all the other luxury brands add to there white.

i think i would go with jerez black or a black color m3 because it would suite the red interior that i want.. i just think going silver outside carbon fiber/black and red leather is just adding too many colors.. black and red will be a great combo in my opinion...

also i believe the blue will work nice with some tinted windows.. but thats to much color for me. black it is. i still want to see them all in person to make a final judgement..

thanks for you review and pictures!
Check out the Black M3 thread Boost..........
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #15
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Thanks for the awesome post, it was definitely "from the heart!"

I'm set on Silverstone for sure, and probably with Grey interior....

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #16
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
you are one lucky man.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #17
Drew10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3

Great post savage.ulm!

Quote:
Wait a minute....why were you in a left-hand drive car?
He went to Germany. Maybe I'm missing something
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #18
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Great post savage.ulm!

He went to Germany. Maybe I'm missing something
Shouldn't it be right-hand drive?
      08-06-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
Drew10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3

Quote:
Shouldn't it be right-hand drive?
In Germany its left-hand drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #20
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
In Germany its left-hand drive.

I am tripp'n.
      08-07-2007, 01:26 AM   #21
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks much

Congratualtions on your success! We are all sharing your excitement with you - thanks so much for sharing and posting. I truly bet you can't sleep! The board has been really dead for some time and the story told with your passion was just what we all needed to hear. You were so lucky to find the right person at the right time for the test drive. I totally echo the comments made before that your English is better than many lazy native English speakers on this board.

Also 0-200 km/hr close to 15 seconds flat . Bye bye 911 Carerra S, bye bye Audi R8!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #22
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Just awesome, it realy does remind me when I whas in Garching myself May 23 th, it was realy out off this world
Like I told before; SS2 and Fox red is the best combination off exterior and interior color, the moment I saw it, I knew........................this is it, this is how it was meant to be
So my choice will not be a surprise to anyone here I gues.......................
Appreciate 0