BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

07-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #23
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Most likely battery. I had 2B13 up until today when I replaced the battery. So far it hasn't come back.

This 2B13 code started coming up after I got the positive cable work done.
So you replaced the battery and it has not come back?

I just got a new battery - installing it now! I took off the GTS flash because of the insanely scary violent stall from the transmission.
GTS flash wouldn't cause such issues. If the problem doesn't come back after the battery replacement, reflash gts and just clear adaptations. If the transmission every feels sluggish or clunky, a full dct adaptation reset usually smooths everything out
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #24
xnfsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 2011.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalcoding View Post
GTS flash wouldn't cause such issues. If the problem doesn't come back after the battery replacement, reflash gts and just clear adaptations. If the transmission every feels sluggish or clunky, a full dct adaptation reset usually smooths everything out
I just got a new battery and had it registered. Reflashed GTS, and had my motor tune installed by Alex.

It ran beautifully for 30 mins of driving around. I parked, went into my house and it came back. Sudden jerk on drive or reverse and it stalled. What...the...hell.....
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #25
eriktufa
3r1k
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i

It could be the ECU Tune causing the issue.

Try running stock flash from Alex with GTS Flash
      07-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #26
xnfsx
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 2011.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktufa View Post
It could be the ECU Tune causing the issue.

Try running stock flash from Alex with GTS Flash
Dont think so. It did the same before the ECU tune.

I'm having it diagnosed tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 02:46 AM   #27
eriktufa
3r1k
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 MY08 BMW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnfsx View Post
Dont think so. It did the same before the ECU tune.

I'm having it diagnosed tomorrow.
To be clear, you have tried the following combos and all combination made no differences?

Stock ECU Tune & Stock DCT Tune
Alpine ECU Tune & GTS DCT Tune
Stock ECU Tune & GTS DCT Tune
Alpine ECU Tune & Stock DCT Tune
      02-21-2020, 01:43 AM   #28
CrissiE92
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

K+DCAN Cable Question

Hey guys, I've been successfully coding my car using the basic K+DCAN cable with the switch to bridge pins 7/8. It works great for deleting TPMS, getting rid of the legal disclaimer, and little things like that.

However, and I can not find it again for the life of me, I read somewhere that you should NOT flash your MSS60 or GS40 using this basic K+DCAN cable. Rather you should buy a high-quality one from BimmerGeeks, or someone that sells 'PRO' K+DCAN cables.

I have been looking all over the threads to find the answer, even google and other random websites. Of course I'm cautious as I don't want to be wrong and brick a DCT because of a cheap cable. I'd rather buy the $60 cable, but at the same time want to avoid 'snake oil'.

Question is: What cable are you using to flash your GS40 files? A basic K+DCAN cable, or one of the 'PRO' level cables?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:49 AM   #29
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissiE92 View Post
Hey guys, I've been successfully coding my car using the basic K+DCAN cable with the switch to bridge pins 7/8. It works great for deleting TPMS, getting rid of the legal disclaimer, and little things like that.

However, and I can not find it again for the life of me, I read somewhere that you should NOT flash your MSS60 or GS40 using this basic K+DCAN cable. Rather you should buy a high-quality one from BimmerGeeks, or someone that sells 'PRO' K+DCAN cables.

I have been looking all over the threads to find the answer, even google and other random websites. Of course I'm cautious as I don't want to be wrong and brick a DCT because of a cheap cable. I'd rather buy the $60 cable, but at the same time want to avoid 'snake oil'.

Question is: What cable are you using to flash your GS40 files? A basic K+DCAN cable, or one of the 'PRO' level cables?

Thanks
Yes you can flash gs40 with normal kdcan cable. Worst case scenario if it does fail, you're not going to brick your module. The module will just be stuck in programming abort and to fix you just need to flash over it correctly. But I've flashed plenty of gs40 modules with basic kdcan.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 03:05 AM   #30
CrissiE92
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Yes you can flash gs40 with normal kdcan cable. Worst case scenario if it does fail, you're not going to brick your module. The module will just be stuck in programming abort and to fix you just need to flash over it correctly. But I've flashed plenty of gs40 modules with basic kdcan.
Yo, thanks so much man! I’ll be doing that today then! Thanks for paying the knowledge forward.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #31
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissiE92 View Post

Thanks
I flashed with the Bimmergeeks Pro cable, no issues at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #32
Chaszm
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just finished this up on mine. Just curious, when I started the process, mine said I have 11 more times left to program. I'm assuming somethings we're done by the previous owner but what happens if/when you reach zero? Can it be reset? Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #33
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaszm View Post
Just finished this up on mine. Just curious, when I started the process, mine said I have 11 more times left to program. I'm assuming somethings we're done by the previous owner but what happens if/when you reach zero? Can it be reset? Lol
You'll be fine.