BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

08-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
lukass
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3

I'm compelled to make this thread because through the install process there was limited forum information on these mounts.

I opted for the mounts after I heard not how good they are but how wobbly the Recaro & MS mounts can be. I've not experienced this myself but only opinions of others.

My stock seats are power and there's something really awesome about having power fixed back seats.

I opted to keep the stock 3 point belt as this is a weekender and not so much a track toy. The receptacle is perfectly placed and the lap portion of the belt retains its proper place over the lap.

All I can say after 2 months with these seats and mounts is just "Wow."

Not only does it dramatically improve the driving dynamics of the car but the comfort on long drives far exceeds the factory seats. The power slider is an awesome extra plus and they look damn good in this car.

I can't recommend these brackets and these seats enough to anyone on the fence. There is no wobble or play and the E30 window switch is subtle and clean. I drive this car every day.

Here's a few photos in different light to give an idea of the leather. I have since relocated the seatbelt though the pass-through on the side of the seat)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #2
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Such a clean install. I have a set of Planted mounts for my Sportsters but I'm really thinking about the BK setup again - I have a spare set of stock seats to harvest parts from anyways...

Any change to your seat height using this combination vs. the stock seats?

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Such a clean install. I have a set of Planted mounts for my Sportsters but I'm really thinking about the BK setup again - I have a spare set of stock seats to harvest parts from anyways...

I believe the height remains the same with the BK setup. There was talks of some people wanting to request that BK make some lower sitting mounts, but I don't believe anything came of it
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
lukass
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
I believe the height remains the same with the BK setup. There was talks of some people wanting to request that BK make some lower sitting mounts, but I don't believe anything came of it

The height that I have the brackets set at right now is lower than the normal height.
It allows for a good amount of adjustment if you really want to sit lower but for me it's perfect. I'm 6" and could easily fit with a helmet.

Could always drop it more but it seems like the lower you go the more the bracket impedes the seatbelt slot. If you're using harnesses though I don't think that would matter much.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

That’s such a hot setup man.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

Quote:

His setup is different because of how the fixed back seats mount. For our Sportsters, the only way to mount is from underneath. I do agree tho that there is room to make a slightly lower profile mount for them and for it to sit .5" to .75" lower.

Regardless I wouldn't go any other way than BK plus OEM sliders. It's the cleanest and best option.
      08-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
blk rex wagon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 e46 m3, 2011 e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
His setup is different because of how the fixed back seats mount. For our Sportsters, the only way to mount is from underneath. I do agree tho that there is room to make a slightly lower profile mount for them and for it to sit .5" to .75" lower.

Regardless I wouldn't go any other way than BK plus OEM sliders. It's the cleanest and best option.
agreed.. I do wish it was slightly lower, but for the aspect of fit and adjustability I can't complain either.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 07:09 PM   #8
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukass View Post
I'm 6" and could easily fit with a helmet.
TMI?

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 04:30 AM   #9
crille_hallden
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M + M3 E46

Hello Lukass.

Did you use the narrow or wider side mounts from BK? ☺️

How many of the spacers did you use when mounting?
Appreciate 0