BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

11-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Sport exhausts + x-pipe

Anyone got any videos/experiences with Eisenmann/Remus Sport exhausts combined with a full x-pipe/HFC?

How's the drone? How much did the tone change when you added the x-pipe?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Haha, I just got my FabSpeed X-pipe today to go alone with my Remus Sport. I will have my firend take a video during the weekend and post them up. I already got the Remuse Sport video already, so now all I need is the after installed. Drove it home from my buddy's body shop after the installed for about 17~20 miles. Didnt hear any drone at all. And the sound is awesome, I love it. Dont think it's that loud. Maybe it's b/c I have the resonator version. But when I just step on it, WOW. That things sounds beautiful and amazing.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Awesome, yeah post a couple videos it would really help me out!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Awesome, yeah post a couple videos it would really help me out!
Will do I was hoping that someone can post one up before I got it, but seems no one has the set up. So I just cant wait, haha. I been waiting too long on it
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

I have the Fabspeed HFC and Xpipe with the Eisenmann Sport. Do a quick search as I have posted several clips. It does drone a bit at highway speeds in six gear when you floor it in a very small window ~3000 to 3200K. It is fine otherwise. I wish there was some way to tune it out. I think it has something to do with the resonators that Fabspeed uses as with the stock midpipe setup and the Eisenmann Sport, my car had zero drone.

Here is the link:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306481
      11-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

are you only interested in hearing about the brands above or any that have no drone and sound good?? my set up has no drone anywhere and sounds amazing
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
are you only interested in hearing about the brands above or any that have no drone and sound good?? my set up has no drone anywhere and sounds amazing
What's your setup?

Also, how bad is the drone with a race exhaust/no xpipe setup?
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Interested in any setup with no drone. I'm leaning towards Remus Sport + x-pipe w/ HFC though.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Interested in any setup with no drone. I'm leaning towards Remus Sport + x-pipe w/ HFC though.
To add HFC and Xpipe and want no drone is pretty much impossible unless you go with a system like Akropovic. All of the HFC and Xpipes out there will amplify any drone that you have. Even the stock system drones with the stock mid pipe. I know for a fact that the stock muffler with HFC and Xpipe also drones, actually pretty bad and is very loud. You need to find a very quiet axle back. I have heard a lot of them and none will have no drone. The only one that I have not heard, that some say is very quiet and no drone, due to it Helmholtz chamber design is the Dinan exhaust.
      11-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
To add HFC and Xpipe and want no drone is pretty much impossible unless you go with a system like Akropovic. All of the HFC and Xpipes out there will amplify any drone that you have. Even the stock system drones with the stock mid pipe. I know for a fact that the stock muffler with HFC and Xpipe also drones, actually pretty bad and is very loud. You need to find a very quiet axle back. I have heard a lot of them and none will have no drone. The only one that I have not heard, that some say is very quiet and no drone, due to it Helmholtz chamber design is the Dinan exhaust.
disagree.

complete stock only droned in 6th gear when under 2500 for a split second barely noticable.

also stock exhaust + fab hfc + xpipe only also drones if your not in the proper gear (too low) like 40mph @ 6th gear or something. actually i wouldn't even call it drone but just a low bass noise which doesn't sound that bad . (when i had a Riss racing exhaust now that was drone)

Last edited by novablackm3; 11-09-2009 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lin View Post
Haha, I just got my FabSpeed X-pipe today to go alone with my Remus Sport. I will have my firend take a video during the weekend and post them up. I already got the Remuse Sport video already, so now all I need is the after installed. Drove it home from my buddy's body shop after the installed for about 17~20 miles. Didnt hear any drone at all. And the sound is awesome, I love it. Dont think it's that loud. Maybe it's b/c I have the resonator version. But when I just step on it, WOW. That things sounds beautiful and amazing.
just put up the vid JOHNNY

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 07:00 AM   #12
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by novablackm3 View Post
disagree.

complete stock only droned in 6th gear when under 2500 for a split second barely noticable.

also stock exhaust + fab hfc + xpipe only also drones if your not in the proper gear (too low) like 40mph @ 6th gear or something. actually i wouldn't even call it drone but just a low bass noise which doesn't sound that bad . (when i had a Riss racing exhaust now that was drone)
You said it, it still drones. My combo with the Eisenmann Sport does the same thing. I still have not heard any with system that doesn't drone at all.
      11-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i have no drone anywhere at all ever. no cats, no check engine lights, no problems. i got the dinan midpipe,dinan muffler, and the matching software

crappy camera sounds way better in person but you can get an idea. i need to take more when i have an extra person so i can hit all rpm ranges. it sounds nice and deep till 5k then takes on an exotic tone after. couple guys on here have the same setup as me and feel the same way. the power increase was awesome too. def got the needed tq down low

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
What's your setup?

Also, how bad is the drone with a race exhaust/no xpipe setup?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
i have no drone anywhere at all ever. no cats, no check engine lights, no problems. i got the dinan midpipe,dinan muffler, and the matching software

crappy camera sounds way better in person but you can get an idea. i need to take more when i have an extra person so i can hit all rpm ranges. it sounds nice and deep till 5k then takes on an exotic tone after. couple guys on here have the same setup as me and feel the same way. the power increase was awesome too. def got the needed tq down low

Do you have a before and after dyno?
      11-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by novablackm3 View Post
disagree.

I agree.

John@UUC said this, but the more I read, the more I agree - I don't think people know what drone is. Drone is pretty painful over long periods of time, it isn't just increased volume at a given RPM. It is an annoying sound that can even rattle things inside the car - like your head!

I currently have the fabspeed hfc+xpipe with stock exhaust and there is no drone as far as I'm concerned. Whether or not you like the sound at all RPMs is a different story. If you take ANY high flowing exhaust and attempt to accelerate from 2k in 3rd gear, you will get noise/drone/whatever. The engine is never meant to be in that situation to begin with...so who cares?
Appreciate 0