BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #45
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
I do not have any DINAN vs PC charts, but can give you the info of a few customers of mine that switched and you can ask them what they think.

I used to have DINAN Stage I ECU software on my E60 M5.

We can remove the check engine light at the customers request.

Our flashes are through the OBD II port and program both sides of the ECU. Our flash kits are said to be released shortly, and will allow the customer to purchase a cable and use their laptop to upload our tune into their car. Although these are supposed to arrive soon, I am not sure exactly when.

Depending on the car and ECU family, it may require a replacement chip or chips or it may allow an OBD II program. Sometimes a BDM program is the only way to do it - this procedure is a bit more in-depth than the other two. In the case of the M3, the OBD II flash is the best way to go on the E46 and E9X models.
Hmm... Is there a date on when the flash kits will be available I might be interested in PC.. Will I be able to flash over my dinan tune or do I have to be flashed to stock?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #46
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
Hmm... Is there a date on when the flash kits will be available I might be interested in PC.. Will I be able to flash over my dinan tune or do I have to be flashed to stock?
We prefer that you have your car flashed back to stock. However, if that's something that can't be accomplished easily, we can put you back to stock and then tune you with Powerchip software. It's a bit more labor intensive when we are dealing with a file that has already been modified but we have done it hundreds of times.

They should be available in the next couple of weeks, I will announce it on the boards when it is.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 03:52 AM   #47
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Good shit!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0