BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

04-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #1761
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalom3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yep! Lol! That's why I no longer use the Crown Victoria. I stick to Explorers exclusively.
I love the Crown Vics especially when I was working the unincorporated County area. I would be on dirt roads with no problem at all. Now that I'm assigned in a City, we are transitioning to the Hybrid Explorers.
You guys get new cars?!? Lucky!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #1762
mahalom3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp Shakir Orange

Quote:
I guess Ford is facing out the CV's and with us obtaining the new Explorers when its time for any type of issues or maintenance, it goes direct to a Ford dealership and not the County garage. Like I said I still like the CV's especially rolling code lol..
      04-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #1763
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalom3 View Post
Quote:
I guess Ford is facing out the CV's and with us obtaining the new Explorers when its time for any type of issues or maintenance, it goes direct to a Ford dealership and not the County garage. Like I said I still like the CV's especially rolling code lol..
Yeah, your department is just better at hooking you guys up with cars. My partners crash CV's and Explorers, but we never get ours replaced despite having a whole bunch of Explorers in fleet.
Appreciate 1
mahalom3163.00
      04-05-2021, 01:02 PM   #1764
mahalom3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp Shakir Orange

Quote:
Yeah, your department is just better at hooking you guys up with cars. My partners crash CV's and Explorers, but we never get ours replaced despite having a whole bunch of Explorers in fleet.
Dang! But your department has life time medical which I would rather have than rolling in a 2020 Explorer lol... Plus the 2021's are mostly assigned to the Sgt's.
      04-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #1765
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Today I had someone riding up my ass while doing 70 in a 55 on the left lane. As I was able to move over to the center lane so he/she could pass, the person floored it probably doing 90. At the entrance ramp a squad car merged and the character slowed down to 45 lol.

Have you ever pulled over anyone after merging on a highway w/o clocking them?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 07:43 PM   #1766
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Today I had someone riding up my ass while doing 70 in a 55 on the left lane. As I was able to move over to the center lane so he/she could pass, the person floored it probably doing 90. At the entrance ramp a squad car merged and the character slowed down to 45 lol.

Have you ever pulled over anyone after merging on a highway w/o clocking them?
Yep. Pacing, visual estimation, etc. is common practice and it holds up in court.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
      04-05-2021, 09:43 PM   #1767
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Pretty sure you’d cuff me for assault
Quote:
Cuffs yes. Assault no.
I honestly was leaving this, because I thought you'd say "frisk" or "cavity search", but no....
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
UncleWede17976.50
Murf99314114.00
Buug95917372.00
      04-05-2021, 10:27 PM   #1768
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Pretty sure you’d cuff me for assault
Quote:
Cuffs yes. Assault no.
I honestly was leaving this, because I thought you'd say "frisk" or "cavity search", but no....
Lol! I thought the wink might've implied my true motives.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
Buug95917372.00
      04-06-2021, 05:32 AM   #1769
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
What do you all think of the Chauvin trial thus far? I haven't been able to keep up on it the last few days.
It looks like Chauvin is going down, all the way.
What stands out to me the most is the way the Blue Wall of Silence has broken, unlike in cases of Eric Garner, etc. Good.

Murf
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:51 AM   #1770
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Curious about tailgaters. Other day I was on a 2 lane country road headed to town. Speed limit is 45 and I usually set cruise control to 52 and so far it has worked no tickets here even when I do pass a radar trap. Mind you it is the kind of road you really would like to rev it up on. No houses or cross streets for miles and nice bends. But, I like my license so....

Other day I am happily set on 52 when a Jeep Wrangler or some such thing comes up and glues himself to my bumper. I leave the CC on and just keep going. He has a few opportunities to pass (at least if he was driving my car) and is still there. Finally, about 1 mile from town, get gets a big enough gap and passes me pulling a trailer with a sofa on it. That was why he couldn't pass before. No power and needed a bigger gap.

So I'm curious if you ever stop anyone for tail gating? Is it illegal?

Lastly I am proud I didn't give in to the urge to run the a$$hole off the road. That little demon of anger is still there.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #1771
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
What stands out to me the most is the way the Blue Wall of Silence has broken, unlike in cases of Eric Garner, etc. Good.

Murf
Not to say I agree, or not, but don't forget he hasn't had his say yet. His defense hasn't had it's turn yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:16 AM   #1772
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Not to say I agree, or not, but don't forget he hasn't had his say yet. His defense hasn't had it's turn yet.
Yup, all the defence needs to do is convince one juror.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #1773
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know I'm early, but the big brass is coming in against him.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 08:44 AM   #1774
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
I know I'm early, but the big brass is coming in against him.
The political pressure would be huge, that city is such a hot bed right now is clear by the fact they called the Chief of Police as a witness. Normally you'd call someone from the Training section on to testify on Use of Force policy.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3509.50
Buug95917372.00
      04-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #1775
rwheels
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
The political pressure would be huge, that city is such a hot bed right now is clear by the fact they called the Chief of Police as a witness. Normally you'd call someone from the Training section on to testify on Use of Force policy.
Agree completely. It is very much like the Wash. DC situation, that bus is going to run over someone before this is all over.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #1776
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Curious about tailgaters. Other day I was on a 2 lane country road headed to town. Speed limit is 45 and I usually set cruise control to 52 and so far it has worked no tickets here even when I do pass a radar trap. Mind you it is the kind of road you really would like to rev it up on. No houses or cross streets for miles and nice bends. But, I like my license so....

Other day I am happily set on 52 when a Jeep Wrangler or some such thing comes up and glues himself to my bumper. I leave the CC on and just keep going. He has a few opportunities to pass (at least if he was driving my car) and is still there. Finally, about 1 mile from town, get gets a big enough gap and passes me pulling a trailer with a sofa on it. That was why he couldn't pass before. No power and needed a bigger gap.

So I'm curious if you ever stop anyone for tail gating? Is it illegal?

Lastly I am proud I didn't give in to the urge to run the a$$hole off the road. That little demon of anger is still there.
Tailgating is cited as an infraction under CVC 21703 (...among others). Tailgating is often an additional factor in collisions and I have cited people for that many times.

Quote:
Quote:

Murf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Yup, all the defence needs to do is convince one juror.
Agreed!!....and I think that may happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 09:49 AM   #1777
rwheels
Major
Rep

Question for any of you in law enforcement; undoubtedly there are more Derek Chauvins, et. al. out there. So what is the incentive to keep them under wraps? Why wait until they become news? I'm certain loyalty has something to do with it, but why allow your profession to get tarnished by people like this? Not saying that you, as individuals are complacent, but your leaders have to be when they see complaints, and take little to no action (my opinion).

Last edited by rwheels; 04-06-2021 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #1778
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #1779
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Just saw this on YouTube and wanted to share. Never, EVER stop/question.

Have my fellow officers on here ever seen anything like this before and if so, did the creeps try to play it off that they broke down?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #1780
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Question for any of you in law enforcement; undoubtedly there are more Derek Chauvins, et. al. out there. So what is the incentive to keep them under wraps? Why wait until they become news? I'm certain loyalty has something to do with it, but why allow your profession to get tarnished by people like this? Not saying that you, as individuals are complacent, but your leaders have to be when they see complaints, and take little to no action (my opinion).
You're oversimplifying an issue that can't be simplified.

Did you read my post a few pages back about being in Chauvin's shoes at one point when I worked custody?! Had that ended badly, would I suddenly have become a POS despite having never gotten into any trouble nor being written up (...and despite having low use-of-force numbers)?!?

Some of the bad seeds are great partners and good cops.....until they're not.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #1781
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
You see this in quite a few professions. For some, when you read the stories it's like how did it get past this many people and get this far? No one noticed or said anything? Assumption here, but it seems like people don't want to get involved for various reasons. Things always seem a little more black and white when you look from the outside. I've truly learned you never know what you're going to do until you are in a situation. I don't envy those who work in life/death high pressure situations.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
Lady Jane70647.50
      04-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #1782
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
You see this in quite a few professions. For some, when you read the stories it's like how did it get past this many people and get this far? No one noticed or said anything? Assumption here, but it seems like people don't want to get involved for various reasons. Things always seem a little more black and white when you look from the outside. I've truly learned you never know what you're going to do until you are in a situation. I don't envy those who work in life/death high pressure situations.
There's also the assumption that problematic officers don't get fired or called to the carpet by their partners. It's the most significant misconception I come across. We know who the problems are, but the problems don't always rise to the level of criminality.
Appreciate 2