BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

01-11-2022, 11:40 PM   #23
fando
Rep
Drives: BMW ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhowelett View Post
I second cargurus. That's the major site I perused daily for many months until I found my e93m bought back in June.
I also vote for CarGurus. I'm currently shopping for an e90 and they seem to have the highest number of cars listed of the major sites. It's my first stop each day.
Appreciate 1
bhowelett125.00
      01-12-2022, 09:07 AM   #24
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

If someone's looking for a throw away car to get them from point A to B then spring is probably a better time. If someone is looking for a purpose built car like an M3 then season has no bearing, they'll buy it when they find it. Enthusiast won't wait for a time of year to get the car they want. There's to much fear of missing out. Took me 6 months to find mine and I would have risked passing on it to wait until whatever season even if I could save a hypothetical fraction of the price.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 02:41 PM   #25
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

If anybody knew where the price was headed they wouldn't have to work another day in their life.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 03:02 PM   #26
m3mirth
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

If there is a correlation to the stock market at all, there could be a small pull back coming soon. I guess we will find out.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 08:40 PM   #27
Kingjames31
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
If someone's looking for a throw away car to get them from point A to B then spring is probably a better time. If someone is looking for a purpose built car like an M3 then season has no bearing, they'll buy it when they find it. Enthusiast won't wait for a time of year to get the car they want. There's to much fear of missing out. Took me 6 months to find mine and I would have risked passing on it to wait until whatever season even if I could save a hypothetical fraction of the price.
I can understand you position but others I know may not feel the same. I had my e46 LSB on sale going into the winter and although there was some interest, no one bought. I posted for the same price in the spring, it sold in a day and I had lots of interest. This also wasn’t when prices rapidly went up so that wasn’t the reason. IMO I don’t think there is any question you will get more interest at certain times of the year.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 03:24 PM   #28
Beemer892
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdM1nsarEas$ View Post
This guy gets it. Prices are already trending down. People are running out of money.
Gas prices have slightly fallen over the last few weeks. So if your theory is true, shouldn't M3 prices stay stable or even go up?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:43 AM   #29
SIN2YVR
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 09

It's a bit difficult to predict at the moment. Overall (across all used cars) prices are starting to come down a bit. But the average person isn't going to be buying a 10 year old German V8 sports car unless they want it.

Unless it's a low millage late product ZCP I think prices will soften a little this coming summer.

If you've got a sub 20k KM / 15k Mile ZCP in an interesting color, you're still sitting on something better than gold.

If your car is sunroof/high millage try to move it now (next 6 months). If it's mint, Carbon roof, ZCP low millage, hold it close.

But this is just opinion of a Canadian that looks at AutoTrader nearly every day...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:13 AM   #30
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

NEVER….why talk of such blasphemy?

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0