BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

08-03-2023, 06:47 PM   #1563
mare92
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

@drwankel thank you for all your help, you are awesome!

I will be testing the unit a lot, so anybody just ask me a question about it and I’ll be glad to answer… Don’t have idea how to make video which can demonstrate the microphone and call quality sound to you.

So I will be installing rear camera now… I picked the wrong front camera, because the space between my grills is closer than 42mm camera that I’ve bought, a rookie mistake

If I understand correctly, this is the correct wiring?

Do I need to ground anything else? Also, the suggested brand GreenYi connectors(yellow) are big, so it is not possible to get it through OEM rubber which connecte the trunk A lot of different cameras have smaller connectors as I can see in videos…

Last edited by mare92; 08-03-2023 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
drwankel1050.50
      08-04-2023, 03:38 PM   #1564
mare92
Rep

Installed it without wiring to the ground, but it is working…can anybody suggests where in trunk is the best way to ground it other than directly on battery? I really don’t want interference.

I’ve also done echo cancellation as suggested by Mr12Volt support through WhatsApp and music sound seems even better, call quality also.
https://youtube.com/shorts/CfqzovkA3ic?feature=share

Guys, I’ve been speaking with people using Carplay and OEM microphone whole day, and there were no issues, so I guess this is now the best box on the market

Last edited by mare92; 08-04-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ali-E90381.50
      08-04-2023, 06:09 PM   #1565
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Now they need a version of the OEM mic connection for CCC.
      08-05-2023, 03:28 PM   #1566
Fons15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

UPDATE! LOGO Changed Successfully

I was able to use the instructions on link below.
Worked perfectly. Email me if you want to use my files for the logo I made.

Instructions
https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140234
Attached Images

Last edited by Fons15; 08-05-2023 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 03:30 PM   #1567
Fons15
Enlisted Member
Rep

Camera Power

So you just connected the wires as shown? No need to connect trigger wire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mare92 View Post

Installed it without wiring to the ground, but it is working…can anybody suggests where in trunk is the best way to ground it other than directly on battery? I really don’t want interference.

I’ve also done echo cancellation as suggested by Mr12Volt support through WhatsApp and music sound seems even better, call quality also.

Guys, I’ve been speaking with people using Carplay and OEM microphone whole day, and there were no issues, so I guess this is now the best box on the market
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 10:00 PM   #1568
mare92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fons15 View Post
I was able to use the instructions on link below.
Worked perfectly. Email me if you want to use my files for the logo I made.

Instructions
https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140234
I have just tried with native CIC resolution - 1280x480 and it does not work - screen just stays blank

The resized version to 800x300 works fine, but does not look so good:

here are the files for the same setup if anybody wants it, just put it on the root of FAT32 formatted usb, go to Settings, Factory mode - Reboot
https://gofile.io/d/fPRGi0

Can you please upload your bootlogo image somewhere and post it here instead of email Fons15?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 10:02 PM   #1569
mare92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fons15 View Post
So you just connected the wires as shown? No need to connect trigger wire?
I left the black ground wire as shown in the photo, but will ground it if there will be some interference on camera, maybe someone more savvy than me can tell us more about best practices...

Overall I'm really happy with everything, seems like a new car
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 12:15 AM   #1570
alex_bg
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 320xi, '04 X5 3.0i

Hey guys, I just got the latest mr12volt that uses the OEM mic. I installed everything but the unit is not coming up in the CD menu. I saw that some coding might be required. Can I do that using Carly or would I need to get the bimmertech obd tool and app?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 02:51 AM   #1571
mare92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_bg View Post
Hey guys, I just got the latest mr12volt that uses the OEM mic. I installed everything but the unit is not coming up in the CD menu. I saw that some coding might be required. Can I do that using Carly or would I need to get the bimmertech obd tool and app?
You will not be able to do it with Carly app… I did it with android tablet and Protool, but it is possible with some Windows programs as well, if you go through this thread you will see options that people used.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 06:10 PM   #1572
Fons15
Enlisted Member
Rep

M Logo Update

Let me know if this link works

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...zI?usp=sharing

Quote:
I have just tried with native CIC resolution - 1280x480 and it does not work - screen just stays blank

here are the files for the same setup if anybody wants it, just put it on the root of FAT32 formatted usb, go to Settings, Factory mode - Reboot

Can you please upload your bootlogo image somewhere and post it here instead of email Fons15?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 01:31 PM   #1573
dengeniul
Rep
Drives: bmw 3 series e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_bg View Post
Hi, im in the exact same boat. My e93 has a built in cd changer so i thought it would just be plug and play.
I bought a kdcan cable and had a look with bimmercode to see wether or not CDMM_CHANGER_3 was set to mp3_cdc, and i already was set to that. All my FO loops are wired right, i can reset the unit through the idrive controller, but i just cant see the option to select cd1 in the menu. It stays unchecked. All the dipswitches are set to off.

I feel so lost.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 05:07 PM   #1574
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengeniul View Post
Hi, im in the exact same boat. My e93 has a built in cd changer so i thought it would just be plug and play.
I bought a kdcan cable and had a look with bimmercode to see wether or not CDMM_CHANGER_3 was set to mp3_cdc, and i already was set to that. All my FO loops are wired right, i can reset the unit through the idrive controller, but i just cant see the option to select cd1 in the menu. It stays unchecked. All the dipswitches are set to off.

I feel so lost.
Did you disconnect the cd changer and install the MOST bypass loop on its MOST connector?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 08:35 PM   #1575
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:

You guys are doing it wrong.
I've managed to grab the OEM file from the NBT and install it into my Mr12volt.

Appreciate 1
SlimE92185.50
      08-08-2023, 11:12 AM   #1576
dengeniul
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
Did you disconnect the cd changer and install the MOST bypass loop on its MOST connector?
Yup, the loop is connected. I can see light coming out further down the line.

EDIT: an interesting development has occured. I was staring at the cd list in the menu rethinking my life choices, when suddenly CD1 appeared....then after 2 secs it vanished. Continuing to stare at the acreen, it seems like it does it every now and again. Managed to click on it a few times, and instead of crossing over to mr12volt, it showed me the track list. As if it was a real cd. I'll record it and post in a bit.

Edit2: Some pics

Does this mean that its actually not coded properly?
Attached Images

Last edited by dengeniul; 08-08-2023 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2023, 06:29 PM   #1577
mare92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
You guys are doing it wrong.
I've managed to grab the OEM file from the NBT and install it into my Mr12volt.

can you share bootlogo file please?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 05:22 AM   #1578
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Fitted the new grey box to a customers Z4 E89 the other day. All the same fitting as before so no issues. Microphone hook up was perfect with relatively easy access (E89, like the E93 and later E92, has the microphone on the steering column), and pick-up and voice quality was spot-on

The only issue was that it didn't automatically change CDMM_Changer_3 to mp3_cdc, so had to do it manually.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 07:11 AM   #1579
billylindeman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive35i M

Has anyone else here tried to install in an F25 X3? I recently purchased the mr12volt MOST unit with the OEM Microphone adapter (the new one) and installed last week.

Everything is working - except that the iDrive controls seem to still get sent to the CIC while the carplay is active.

Because of this, if i'm navigating through maps or the main menu it will constantly skip my music. Has anyone else had this issue?

Additionally, the OEM microphone adapter included does _not_ fit the 2013 F25 X3

I emailed mr12volt a couple times, but they have not responded.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 09:40 AM   #1580
Fons15
Enlisted Member
Rep

Microphone not working

So I managed to set everything up nicely including aftermarket backup camera.
I used the OEM mic splitter/adapter cable and plugged it into the Mr12volt harness, (not straight to the box) and when I try to use voice commands or answer calls it's not working.
Help...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 03:58 AM   #1581
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:

EDIT: an interesting development has occured. I was staring at the cd list in the menu rethinking my life choices, when suddenly CD1 appeared....then after 2 secs it vanished. Continuing to stare at the acreen, it seems like it does it every now and again. Managed to click on it a few times, and instead of crossing over to mr12volt, it showed me the track list. As if it was a real cd. I'll record it and post in a bit.

I've fitted a few of these now, as well as my own. Normally if you are at this stage then it should show the Mr12volt menu screen next.
So a few days following your post, has it done anything more yet (ie; allowing the car to "sleep" overnight, shouldn't need to though)?
I assume you can find Mr12volt on your phones Bluetooth page?

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 03:38 PM   #1582
Kiecelaria
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E93

My screen looks like yours and everything works correctly.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 03:39 PM   #1583
Kiecelaria
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i E93

Thank you mare. I have the same camera and came here to see how to wire it. You did not disappoint. I am going to look for a place on the trunk lid under the cover to ground. I will let you know what I find.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 12:41 PM   #1584
dengeniul
Rep

Quote:

Final update. ITS ALIIIVE!!!

The boys sent me another unit to try out, and in the end it was a dodgy FO wire, the longer one, not the short loop. To make sure it stays properly seated, i zip tied the connector going in the box. Fingers crossed it stays functional.
Appreciate 0