BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

07-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
JonnyBoost
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

30k service help

the dealer dose not wanna do the tranny or the diff oil and i have 30k on the car!?!?! i even called bmw north America and there no help. Is this right what should i do??? they say the service booklet is old

*this is what the book says
 M3 with standard transmission: At every 3rd
oil change:
– Change the transmission fluid and clean the
oil filter (NOTE: this does not apply to the
optional M-DCT Drivelogic transmission.)
– Change the differential fluid.
*6 speed(my car)
this would be the 3rd oil change
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Many dealers don't want to do that anymore; guess BMW issued some kind of bulletin to that effect to save money . I'd definitely change it if I were you. But rather than rewarding BMW/dealers with that crap, I'd just change it myself. I did when my car turned 2 years old (but only 8K miles), and used Royal Purple. The tranny fluid made a noticeable difference, especially when cold, and the differential stopped squealing, which was increasingly getting louder. You could also use an independent BMW mechanic. I'd not do it at BMW out of principle, but to each his own. Good luck, and before giving up, I'd call BMWNA and try to push what your maintenance booklet clearly indicates. Take care.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I was just at the dealer and was told that there is no differential or transmission fluid change (manual trans) after the 1200 mile break in service.
Appreciate 0