BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Brknbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e93 M3

Break in service at 600 miles?1?

So my dealer called me today to schedule my first service because the car told them it was ready. My car only has 630 miles on it. This seemed odd, I asked an they said bring it in any time. It was just a scheduler on the phone, buy still. I think I should wait till at least 900-1000 miles? I am not sure how much I will be able to control myself after the service as far as break-in precautions. This car has been a real c--k tease from the start. First I test drive it and decide this is the car for me, research it, pick options order it sign. Then wait 2 long months. Then someone hands me the keys and says her's your M, but wait for the first 1200 m you need to drive it like a prius! I want to drive my M like an M! I kind of miss my 335i that I was pushing to the limit and felt super comfortable with. The devil on my shoulder says bring the car in tomorrow and use launch control out of the dealership in the afternoon!

2008 E92 Jet Black/Saddle/Dark Burll/6MT/CA/NAV/Sport/Sat/USB (RIP)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 IB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brknbones View Post
So my dealer called me today to schedule my first service because the car told them it was ready. My car only has 630 miles on it. This seemed odd, I asked an they said bring it in any time. It was just a scheduler on the phone, buy still. I think I should wait till at least 900-1000 miles? I am not sure how much I will be able to control myself after the service as far as break-in precautions. This car has been a real c--k tease from the start. First I test drive it and decide this is the car for me, research it, pick options order it sign. Then wait 2 long months. Then someone hands me the keys and says her's your M, but wait for the first 1200 m you need to drive it like a prius! I want to drive my M like an M! I kind of miss my 335i that I was pushing to the limit and felt super comfortable with. The devil on my shoulder says bring the car in tomorrow and use launch control out of the dealership in the afternoon!
Hmm I haven't heard of the break in service at 600 miles, but then again I am not an expert on cars. Can't hurt to take it in.
Appreciate 0