BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #45
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I haven't read the charges but is attempted vehicular manslaughter on a police officer one of them? If so then ouch!!
No such thing as attempted manslaughter, it can either be voluntary or involuntary and generally means taking a life without intent, thus making the word "attempted" incompatible.
Those charges aren't going to stick most likely as he turned the wheel each time to try and get around. If he wanted to take him down I'm sure he would of just went straight.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #46
importraceram
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
Yeah. It's one of those "oh, you have an opinion I don't agree with, you must be mad" things, haha...
No actually not that at all. It's your rhetoric. My issue is the notion that because these cars are now cheap that they are being purchased by thugs. What about the people that grew up adoring these cars but, due to being in high school or college, could not afford them? Are we thugs or criminals for buying heavily depreciated cars? My guess is not.

Hell I don't even own a BMW. Granted I am a huge fan of the e9x M3's. Well any high revving N/A works of art for that matter. Bottom line is I cannot stand when people blame the immaturity of a community on the current prices of the car. That's like saying guns kill. No, people do.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #47
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by importraceram View Post
No actually not that at all. It's your rhetoric. My issue is the notion that because these cars are now cheap that they are being purchased by thugs. What about the people that grew up adoring these cars but, due to being in high school or college, could not afford them? Are we thugs or criminals for buying heavily depreciated cars? My guess is not.

Hell I don't even own a BMW. Granted I am a huge fan of the e9x M3's. Well any high revving N/A works of art for that matter. Bottom line is I cannot stand when people blame the immaturity of a community on the current prices of the car. That's like saying guns kill. No, people do.
I never said "thugs". I said immature kids...that are doing it for the 'gram.
      01-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #48
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Always for the gram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=EHwfIUD3oA4
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #49
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
Those charges aren't going to stick most likely as he turned the wheel each time to try and get around. If he wanted to take him down I'm sure he would of just went straight.
Resisting a police officer using violence or the threat of violence is a felony in most jurisdictions, as is fleeing or eluding. The use of a vehicle in such a manner as is calculated to induce fear of imminent physical harm or to cause such harm is an aggravated assault or an aggravated battery (depending upon whether actual physical contact was made). These are also felonies, and penalties are compounded by the fact that the victim is a police officer. The charges will stick, and the videotapes of the incident will be admitted as evidence.
Appreciate 1
xander_g989.50