BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

02-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWtE92 View Post
Jinxter - I just joined the forum and wanted to thank you for the helpful information you and others are providing on ordering an M3. I think I might be the person you mentioned who backed out with Boris. I was reading this board last week and called Boris to find out if they had any allocations left. Boris told me I could take the last allocation and I was about to commit until I found out that I could get one of the M3s coming into BMW SF in early March. I let him know within a few hours of first contacting him that I would have to back out. I really appreciated Boris's responsiveness and how quickly he returned my calls. I would have liked to order from him, but the lease on my current 530i is ending in mid-March, so the timing that BMW SF was able to give me just fit better.

I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well and I'll have my car by the second week of March. My car is scheduled to arrive at PORT HUENEME on March 2! Can't wait....
Hey no problem! love to help fellow bimmer fans! I'm glade BMW SF could take care of you. Are you leaseing? or buying?

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Hey no problem! love to help fellow bimmer fans! I'm glade BMW SF could take care of you. Are you leaseing? or buying?
I plan on buying. I've wanted an M3 since I was a kid, so I plan on keeping this car for a while. Is your car scheduled to arrive at the dealer March 8?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #25
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I plan on buying. I've wanted an M3 since I was a kid, so I plan on keeping this car for a while. Is your car scheduled to arrive at the dealer March 8?
no I will have mine by the 13th 14th, M3's have always been my childhood dreams. when I was 16 I wanted a e36 M3 so bad. finally got one at 20 then I got the e46 at 24 now e92 at 26 I cant wait!

your's will most likly be at SF bmw by march 8th for the release. I might come down and check it out and congradulate you in person.

you picking up one that SF bmw with dealer ordered options? what options does it have? how much are they selling it to you for?

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #26
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
no I will have mine by the 13th 14th, M3's have always been my childhood dreams. when I was 16 I wanted a e36 M3 so bad. finally got one at 20 then I got the e46 at 24 now e92 at 26 I cant wait!

your's will most likly be at SF bmw by march 8th for the release. I might come down and check it out and congradulate you in person.

you picking up one that SF bmw with dealer ordered options? what options does it have? how much are they selling it to you for?
Wow, I'm jealous Driving an M3 at 20 - wish I had the means to do that. What are you doing with your e46? That car must still be in great condition after only 2 years.

Yeah, I'm hoping the car will arrive at the dealer by the 8th, but i've heard it could take 1-2 weeks to get from the port to the dealer. I put a deposit down for one of the dealer ordered ones - Alpine white, cf roof, black interior, 19" wheels, and basically every other option available. They just loaded it up to the max. I don't care for some of the options, i.e. rear sunshade and HD Radio, but I also didn't want to wait till May to build my own because of my current lease ending in March. At least it's the color I wanted.

When did you put in your order? Let me know if you do head over to the dealer to check out the cars when they come in.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #27
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow, I'm jealous Driving an M3 at 20 - wish I had the means to do that. What are you doing with your e46? That car must still be in great condition after only 2 years.

Yeah, I'm hoping the car will arrive at the dealer by the 8th, but i've heard it could take 1-2 weeks to get from the port to the dealer. I put a deposit down for one of the dealer ordered ones - Alpine white, cf roof, black interior, 19" wheels, and basically every other option available. They just loaded it up to the max. I don't care for some of the options, i.e. rear sunshade and HD Radio, but I also didn't want to wait till May to build my own because of my current lease ending in March. At least it's the color I wanted.

When did you put in your order? Let me know if you do head over to the dealer to check out the cars when they come in.
I put my order in early January when concord bmw got there first allocations.
I traded my e46 in for a new Grand Cherokee SRT8. Going back to M3 because I miss it so much.

Did SF BMW give you MSRP? I know were trying to ask for soemthing like 10k over for my order not to mention to their specs.

Looks like your options are pretty much set up like mine. I didnt opt for the 19s though but beside 19s and DCT I got the care fully loaded with extended black on alpine white.

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #28
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I put my order in early January when concord bmw got there first allocations.
I traded my e46 in for a new Grand Cherokee SRT8. Going back to M3 because I miss it so much.

Did SF BMW give you MSRP? I know were trying to ask for soemthing like 10k over for my order not to mention to their specs.

Looks like your options are pretty much set up like mine. I didnt opt for the 19s though but beside 19s and DCT I got the care fully loaded with extended black on alpine white.
No, I'm paying a premium. I have a feeling this car will be at MSRP, even in the Bay Area, in about 6 months, but I can't really wait.

Sounds like we'll have twin cars, except for the wheels.....

By the way, do you know a good place to get tint and clear armor? I did a search and saw that people mostly recommended places in Fremont or further. Let me know if you happen to know a place in the City, or closer to the City.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #29
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, I'm paying a premium. I have a feeling this car will be at MSRP, even in the Bay Area, in about 6 months, but I can't really wait.

By the way, do you know a good place to get tint and clear armor? I did a search and saw that people mostly recommended places in Fremont or further. Let me know if you happen to know a place in the City, or closer to the City.
In fact I do for tint, Not sure about clear armor,its south city area, they are really good. Let me get back to you on their info.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #30
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

First week of March will be the arrival for the e92 M3 at BMW of SF. One Black on Black and another AW one you're speaking of will be coming in.

Funny I backed out with Boris on that same weekend, and instead locked a March 3rd build date w/basically no prem. He indeed was a nice guy though.

Good luck bro, and please don't pay too high of a prem. They really are expecting people to be fighting like dogs over the arrival of these. Upsetting, I've been a long time customer of these guys, but they were unwilling to negotiate down to the price i had locked in; as they knew folks like yourself would pay the high prem they are expecting(No offense, really).

Anyhow, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #31
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
In fact I do for tint, Not sure about clear armor,its south city area, they are really good. Let me get back to you on their info.
Ya, let me know as well, good clear bra is must for me

Last edited by DJ9; 02-24-2008 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 03:53 AM   #32
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

clear bra - these guys, don't even consider anyone else unless you want subpar work: www.premiermobilegroup.com

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #33
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
clear bra - these guys, don't even consider anyone else unless you want subpar work: www.premiermobilegroup.com
Sweet, for some reason i thought they were out of business. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #34
AlpWtE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
First week of March will be the arrival for the e92 M3 at BMW of SF. One Black on Black and another AW one you're speaking of will be coming in.

Funny I backed out with Boris on that same weekend, and instead locked a March 3rd build date w/basically no prem. He indeed was a nice guy though.

Good luck bro, and please don't pay too high of a prem. They really are expecting people to be fighting like dogs over the arrival of these. Upsetting, I've been a long time customer of these guys, but they were unwilling to negotiate down to the price i had locked in; as they knew folks like yourself would pay the high prem they are expecting(No offense, really).

Anyhow, congrats!
No offense taken - I hate the fact that I'm paying a premium, and I hate that they are asking for one, but my situation is complicated by the fact that my current car lease ends in mid-march and I really don't want to extend it for long. If I could find someone that could get me an M3 by May or June without a premium, I would be all over that.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #35
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
No offense taken - I hate the fact that I'm paying a premium, and I hate that they are asking for one, but my situation is complicated by the fact that my current car lease ends in mid-march and I really don't want to extend it for long. If I could find someone that could get me an M3 by May or June without a premium, I would be all over that.
Gotcha, makes sense. Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #36
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Looks like alot of people are backing out of their orders that originally had a premium. Peoplea re seeing the light and the dealers are seeing a hole in their pockets.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 02:19 AM   #37
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone else get a M3 in the bay yet? Am I the first? picked up mine on the 8th.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #38
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

I believe some dealers here in Socal are still trying the market adjustments from $15k-$20k...that's just outright stupid to pay that kind of money in this market.

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0