BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
rich6886
Rep
Drives: 2008 IB M3

Aftermarket Radio

I have a JL W7 that I am dying to put in my 2008 E92 M3! I had it in a previous car, and I miss that good Bass Quality from JL. Unfortunately, having the iDrive system, it is making quite difficult to just be able to add an Aftermarket radio. I am not crazy about getting the kit that creates RCAs from the factory stereo. I did that with my last car and was not impressed at all. Also, I would like to be able to hook up my iPhone to the car. I do not have the USB adapter with the car, and the AUX input crackles and sounds like crap. Must be a loose connection? Anyways, does anyone know of any solutions to be able to add the subwoofer while getting good quality sound/bass?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Utilizing Technic's harness with the factory stereo to add a subwoofer is by far the best way to go.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6886 View Post
I have a JL W7 that I am dying to put in my 2008 E92 M3! I had it in a previous car, and I miss that good Bass Quality from JL. Unfortunately, having the iDrive system, it is making quite difficult to just be able to add an Aftermarket radio. I am not crazy about getting the kit that creates RCAs from the factory stereo. I did that with my last car and was not impressed at all. Also, I would like to be able to hook up my iPhone to the car. I do not have the USB adapter with the car, and the AUX input crackles and sounds like crap. Must be a loose connection? Anyways, does anyone know of any solutions to be able to add the subwoofer while getting good quality sound/bass?

Does your car have bluetooth? If so, you might want to try this as a solution for streaming via your iphone: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621989
Appreciate 0