BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

EXXEL Distributions

04-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

Long Island folks, need some suggestions

Will be driving down from Boston the 28/29 of April.

Smithtown area for a wedding. Might take the M for the trip.

1) anyone try taking the ferry with their car?

2) any suggestions for hotels that won't break the bank for one night?

3) ofcourse where are the car washes and late night meet hangs??
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
ichy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Ultra sonic car wash in floral park. Best handwash in the area. Belt driven and no rails.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
maristgrad09
Major
Rep
Drives: Orange e92 m3 FBO+E85

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichy View Post
Ultra sonic car wash in floral park. Best handwash in the area. Belt driven and no rails.
Bruh are you high? Floral park? Lol that's legit an hour away from Smithtown.

OP I live 5min from Smithtown. The best car wash in the area is Touch of Class in St James which neighbors smithtown but lmk what days you will be here and I'll see if my detailer has an opening. $60 for an amazing car wash. Much better than any car wash can give you and it's about 10-15min from Smithtown.

If you message me we will get together and hit up some meets. There is one every Wednesday like 30min away that has some badass cars and every Sunday there is one at 7-8am and it has like 1200hp cars and races all day on the bridge and stuff like that. PM me.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #4
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

The cost and time taking the ferry isn't worth it in my book. I just suck it up and take the throgs neck over to Queens
Appreciate 1
ard5040419.00
      04-11-2018, 05:49 AM   #5
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
The cost and time taking the ferry isn't worth it in my book. I just suck it up and take the throgs neck over to Queens
+1, no more toll booths.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Cool I've never take a ferry nevertheless with the M lol. Drive doesn't look that bad as long as traffic is under control
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #7
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maristgrad09 View Post
Quote:

OP I live 5min from Smithtown. The best car wash in the area is Touch of Class in St James which neighbors smithtown but lmk what days you will be here and I'll see if my detailer has an opening. $60 for an amazing car wash. Much better than any car wash can give you and it's about 10-15min from Smithtown.

If you message me we will get together and hit up some meets. There is one every Wednesday like 30min away that has some badass cars and every Sunday there is one at 7-8am and it has like 1200hp cars and races all day on the bridge and stuff like that. PM me.
I was looking for a self wash as I'm going to be around the area at weird hours. Driving into LI late at night since I'll be in nyc during the day. Then Sunday- the wedding during the afternoon.

Hmu with info on the morning thing tho. Sounds like a CnC? I could sneak out before the wedding haha
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #8
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maristgrad09 View Post
Quote:

I was looking for a self wash as I'm going to be around the area at weird hours. Driving into LI late at night since I'll be in nyc during the day. Then Sunday- the wedding during the afternoon.

Hmu with info on the morning thing tho. Sounds like a CnC? I could sneak out before the wedding haha
U wont have any traffic problems if you are arriving late at night, unless there is a crash on CT-15 or something. I used to leave NH at 10pm and arrive around 2am
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #9
Stainless 45
Captain
Rep
Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

Save a lot of hassle and take the ferry. Totally worth it. 95 sucks. Travel early in the morning or late at night= less cars on the boat, less chance of door dings etc. Cross Sound ferry has a website and an app. New London to Orient Point. You'll be glad you did it.
Blue Thunder -2011 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. BPM Stage II. Dinan 3.45 Rear. Borla/Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, Forgestar F14's, Turner road armor. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #10
mattyboom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Aw e90 m3

If you pre book the new London ferry it can be as little as $25, you'll also pass all the vineyards witch would be cool to hit with your lady, Ive taken my m across a few times no problems
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #11
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyboom View Post
If you pre book the new London ferry it can be as little as $25, you'll also pass all the vineyards witch would be cool to hit with your lady, Ive taken my m across a few times no problems
how long is the clearance/ramps on the ferry? I've seriously never taken anything like that. I'm just more worried about having issues getting on and off the boat

I'm going to drive into LI, will probably be taking the Ferry one-way out Sunday evening to skip the NYC traffic.

Suggestions on vineyards etc? Are they open on Saturday/Sundays?

Thanks guys!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #12
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Vineyards out here are dope. They should all be open that weekend. The clearance depends on the tide...so, it could be difficult.
      04-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #13
mattyboom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Aw e90 m3

You won't have problems getting on or off
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #14
shirazzzy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 M3//AW,BB//6SPD

Ferry is the way to go for sure, bought my M in CT and took her over no problems. As for car washes, I second Touch of Class since you’ll be in Smithtown anyway. If you’re set on brushless, go to Bohemia Hand Wash (they usually have Groupons). As for vineyards, there are two relatively nearby Whisper and Harmony that are decent, but the good ones (in my opinion) are further east. Depending on your choice of wine, you’ll have more than a handful that suit your taste. If you do end up going out east, be sure to pickup a pie from Briermere Farms on your way back. So much to see on the island, enjoy!
2007 Jetta GLI//Salsa Red, Interlagos Plaid//6-Speed
1997 e38 740i//Cosmos Black, Black//Auto
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 11:11 PM   #15
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazzzy View Post
Ferry is the way to go for sure, bought my M in CT and took her over no problems. As for car washes, I second Touch of Class since you'll be in Smithtown anyway. If you're set on brushless, go to Bohemia Hand Wash (they usually have Groupons). As for vineyards, there are two relatively nearby Whisper and Harmony that are decent, but the good ones (in my opinion) are further east. Depending on your choice of wine, you'll have more than a handful that suit your taste. If you do end up going out east, be sure to pickup a pie from Briermere Farms on your way back. So much to see on the island, enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
Vineyards out here are dope. They should all be open that weekend. The clearance depends on the tide...so, it could be difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyboom View Post
You won't have problems getting on or off
Let's put it this way... I can't fit three fingers under my front lip. I'm on my third lip as well. Lol. If I can still get on. I'd love to try. Never been on a car ferry before. But I'm still nervous about clearance.

Will have to check out the Pie. Wedding party suggested harmony vineyard also. Will see what the wife wants to do in terms of wine stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #16
Giguchan
Rep
Drives: Not Yet.... but soon

Get Dat Pie!
Appreciate 0