BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
miringrains
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

Got my first front plate ticket in a while in front of my house, so this is what Idid

I'm not going to go into detail about meter maids and why I think theyre the scum of the earth, but rules are rules right? Now I have quite a number of police memorabilia so not get in trouble with it while driving, but when I'm parked it leaves my car defenseless to tickets of stupid nature such as this one.. So I created the prototype

Went to Loews and bought velcro, and L brackets.

I attached the velcro to the top of each L bracket. I plan on buying the EZ Pass velcro that has no furry stuff, and just plastic arms so it holds better and doesnt deteriorate with water.

I need to buy screws and nuts, but I forgot. So to test it out I just put more velcro.

TADAAA

great selfie shot

As I said I plan on perfecting this, but this should stop those desperate money crubbing c*ck suckers from rolling down my private street in order to ticket me for this kind of nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Plenty of people who work in law enforcement are scumbags who are all about revenue generation and violating citizens' rights than doing real police work.

So why don't you just use the proper mount since it seems your bumper has already been drilled anyway? The location of that plate is blocking off airflow to the oil and powersteering coolers. It might make the car easier to overheat.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #3
miringrains
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Plenty of people who work in law enforcement are scumbags who are all about revenue generation and violating citizens' rights than doing real police work.

So why don't you just use the proper mount since it seems your bumper has already been drilled anyway? The location of that plate is blocking off airflow to the oil and powersteering coolers. It might make the car easier to overheat.
I take it off before I drive, thats the point of the velcro. I'm a dealer so I do all sorts of deals for law enforcement, I have badges, plaques, pbas the whole 9 so I'm not worried about getting pulled over for no front plate, although no one does it. And I really really really dislike the look of a front plate on this car, I have the OEM bracket but it looks ugly IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miringrains View Post
I take it off before I drive, thats the point of the velcro. I'm a dealer so I do all sorts of deals for law enforcement, I have badges, plaques, pbas the whole 9 so I'm not worried about getting pulled over for no front plate, although no one does it. And I really really really dislike the look of a front plate on this car, I have the OEM bracket but it looks ugly IMO.
Cops are such corrupt scumbags. i don't do them any favors, so I don't get any memorabilia to enable me to violate the law.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
miringrains
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Cops are such corrupt scumbags. i don't do them any favors, so I don't get any memorabilia to enable me to violate the law.
Well no cops are humans, and when given power theyre either shitty human beings or decent ones. All the cops that I know do not enforce stupidity because they appreciate cars. But I also blame the entire system. If you do not meet your quota of tickets you will work more over night shifts, you will not get holidays off etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well no cops are humans, and when given power theyre either shitty human beings or decent ones. All the cops that I know do not enforce stupidity because they appreciate cars. But I also blame the entire system. If you do not meet your quota of tickets you will work more over night shifts, you will not get holidays off etc.
I got a ticket for no front plate not even a week after buying my car. And I had the front plate with me on my dashboard! Thankfully the pig didn't show up and the ticket was dropped. That's when I got the front tow hook bracket. of course if I made a small donation to the local police force and gotten that blue sticker to put on my windshield, I'm sure he would have let me go with a warning
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
tinman831
Captain
Rep

OP, are the holes for the license plate brackets even centered? That would annoy me to no end. Stupid laws are stupid.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
Brian0473
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 SSII DCT Coupe

You guys sure are hating on the police...I'm not saying I haven't run into an officer who wasn't a prick for no reason but come on. If you don't want a ticket don't break the law. Pretty simple.

I wonder who you guys are going to call when someone breaks into your car or house or vandalizes something you own..? Probably a cop.

My old M3:
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
miringrains
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
OP, are the holes for the license plate brackets even centered? That would annoy me to no end. Stupid laws are stupid.
I just velcroed on the plate off centered, the holes are straight. I'm going to adjust it later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian0473 View Post
You guys sure are hating on the police...I'm not saying I haven't run into an officer who wasn't a prick for no reason but come on. If you don't want a ticket don't break the law. Pretty simple.

I wonder who you guys are going to call when someone breaks into your car or house or vandalizes something you own..? Probably a cop.
Well I'm not calling a meter maid to the rescue.. Breaking the law is one thing, but parking on my private property with no front plate is like j walking. I'm fine with police, but this goes beyond it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:

This.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

I got pulled over on I-95 in Maryland driving my Acura without the front plate but here is the kicker.......acura for not having a front plate but here is the kicker......my car was registered in NJ at the time. Granted it's required in NJ but why would a MD cop ticket me for that? Wtf?

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
JDM2GDM
Elite Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 Competition

I just use this: http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Been using it for all my cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #13
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 space gray

I got a no front plate ticket while driving by a cop who was standing in an intersection along Michigan ave. They just mailed it to me. He must have good vision to have been able to see my rear plate. I am wondering if i had no plates what would have happened? Could you say, "someone must have stolen them! I hadn't noticed"
Somebody should try this and let us know
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
miringrains
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS4now View Post
I got a no front plate ticket while driving by a cop who was standing in an intersection along Michigan ave. They just mailed it to me. He must have good vision to have been able to see my rear plate. I am wondering if i had no plates what would have happened? Could you say, "someone must have stolen them! I hadn't noticed"
Somebody should try this and let us know
No what I would say is someone stole it, and I am waiting for my new custom plates to come in.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #15
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Cops suck, i HATE the dam Fuzz!
      04-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #16
RS4now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 space gray

Quote:
No what I would say is someone stole it, and I am waiting for my new custom plates to come in.
wouldn't they ask where are your yellow temp plates then? there must b a way out. i have been pulled over once or twice or even thrice and not one cop has looked for my front plate. i have not had one since 2005.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #17
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Quote:

And then they will do what, exactly? Nothing. They will fill out a report about your misfortune and you will never hear from them again. The cops are all about writing citations, but other than helping out at traffic accident scenes, don't expect any kind of benefit from law enforcement after you have been victimized.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #18
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
And then they will do what, exactly? Nothing. They will fill out a report about your misfortune and you will never hear from them again. The cops are all about writing citations, but other than helping out at traffic accident scenes, don't expect any kind of benefit from law enforcement after you have been victimized.

Unlike what police apologists say, there is hardly any serving and protecting they do to the public. Unless someone is killed or seriously injured, the most likely outcome is what Beemdog said. Just some reports filled and some paperwork filed and that's it.

I personally was the victim of an unprovoked assault a few years ago. I wasn't seriously hurt but had a few bruises on my arm and chest. Went to the cops to report it that day, but sorry, all cops are too busy, no time for me. So I went back the next day. I gave them the details, including the plate number of the guy's car. They took photos of my bruises. A week or two later I got a call from the officer in charge, telling me he tracked the plate to an old man and that it was probably his son who was driving and who assaulted me. He asked my intention and I said I wanted to press charges. That was the end of it. Till this day I never heard anything from the cops, and I doubt they did anything to follow up on the case. I'm guessing they were too busy laying out speed traps or doing RIDE checks, or perhaps beating up hippie protesters, to do anything about my case.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #19
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div>
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #20
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Mfest quick release ftw.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #21
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Remember we live in Texas and….

04-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #22
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:

Of course I am going to call the police if I have been a victim of some sort of violence. The fact of the matter, however, is that far too many of them spend far too much time in the business of revenue collections as opposed to preventing real crime from being committed.

If all those traffic cops sitting on the highway eating their donuts, would do real crime prevention, I am willing to bet that every single day there would be at least one person in this country who would not be murdered or raped or buglarized, etc.