BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-02-2023, 03:03 PM   #1
Bigjaybird
Rep
Drives: E93

Please help

I left the top down on my 08 m3 convertible the other day and it started pooping rainÂ… By the time I realized it my car was soakedÂ… now I have no power to my driver side seat and an air bag light on the passenger seat with a restraint warningÂ… I am also getting a warning light thatÂ’s a seat folded up with a lock above itÂ… I can not figure out what this meansÂ… Also on my radio the am fm sat and aux will not light up to workÂ… any help on any of these problems would be greatly appreciatedÂ…
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 04:25 PM   #2
bdirts
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5

I’d put it in a garage with the top down and a fan on it. Leave it for a couple of days before trying to start it. I had the same problem with a window left down in a rainstorm in my SUV and it cleared itself.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2023, 03:13 PM   #3
Bmwdeven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 m3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Like the other comment stated, you need to try to evaporate all the excess moisture. Might even have to remove the seat and pull up carpet to vacuum excess moisture. I know from experience. My sunroof drains were clogged which led to the entire carpet having to come up and 3 days of drying. Hook up a laptop with INPA and clear faults, re scan and see what pops up. iNPA should clear the restraint/ airbag code. They won’t go away without clearing it.
Appreciate 0