BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Eventuri Plenum Fitment Issue - Resolved

I tried installing the Eventuri plenum this evening and couldn't get one of the hoses on the underside to seat properly. Upon closer inspection the Eventuri doesn't appear to be an OEM replica as is claimed and the angle of the hose inlet is slightly different than the OEM plenum. That slight difference is enough to create an insufficient seal for the hose. It's disappointing to have fitment issues on such an expensive piece, so I'm curious if anyone else has had fitment issues and if so what did you do to remedy it? Unfortunately I purchased the plenum used so returning it isn't an option

Le Mans Blue '09 BMW M3 Sedan - Current
Polar Silver '04 Porsche GT3 - Gone
Persian Blue '08 Lotus Exige S240 - Gone
Space Gray/Imola '08 BMW M Coupe - Gone

Last edited by kcdedric; 06-15-2020 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quick update:

I reached out to Eventuri as sort of a long shot and they are willing to take the plenum back and make the adjustment to the inlet for me. They are even going to arrange the shipping. I'm very pleased with their service thus far and really couldn't ask for more.

Appreciate 2
roastbeef11583.00
Bemo1120.50
      05-28-2020, 09:11 PM   #3
RD1M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JZB E92 M3

I didn't have any issues installing mine. Always the possibility that there's a slight variation from one to another I guess.
      05-30-2020, 03:09 AM   #4
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

That crank case vent hose didn't seem to snap on quite like OEM. If I tug on it hard enough, I'm pretty sure it will come off without pinching the quick release. I yolo'd that shit because it seemed like it still sealed reasonably well and I didn't think it would come off unless yanked off by a hand. So far it hasn't come off. No CEL so I'm going to assume that hose is working correctly.

I can't quite get the bottom part of the hose to go perfectly over the notch there, but it hasn't budged since I put it on.

Another guy had the inner part of this pcv connector in the plenum fall off during shipping. He sent me a pic and I told him I wouldn't attempt install and to have it replaced.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
R-3551.00
      05-31-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
That crank case vent hose didn't seem to snap on quite like OEM. If I tug on it hard enough, I'm pretty sure it will come off without pinching the quick release. I yolo'd that shit because it seemed like it still sealed reasonably well and I didn't think it would come off unless yanked off by a hand. So far it hasn't come off. No CEL so I'm going to assume that hose is working correctly.

I can't quite get the bottom part of the hose to go perfectly over the notch there, but it hasn't budged since I put it on.

Another guy had the inner part of this pcv connector in the plenum fall off during shipping. He sent me a pic and I told him I wouldn't attempt install and to have it replaced.
I love it lol. Sometimes it's what you gotta do!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
statik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3, 2017 RS3, 2013 BRZ

They all suffer this issue, my hose is only loosely attached. I’m surprised they shipped it like this.
Appreciate 1
R-3551.00
      06-01-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I will say that yours has a better fit than mine. Hopefully you never have an issue with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statik View Post
They all suffer this issue, my hose is only loosely attached. I’m surprised they shipped it like this.
It's crazy that there is so much variation. I compared pics from Eventuri's own website to ECS and there is a clear difference. The one from ECS looks like it would fit perfectly (inlet angled slightly towards center) while the one from Eventuri looks like it wouldn't work at all.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 06:21 AM   #8
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Update: plenum was picked up by DHL on 6/1 and I had it back in my hands after being repaired by Eventuri on 6/12!

They fixed the angle of the inlet and this time the install was flawless. I’m stoked to get this thing out for a drive on Sunday morning and finally hear it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Bemo1120.50
Kelse921131.50
Not Sure212.50
      06-13-2020, 07:02 AM   #9
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

That is pretty amazing customer service! Kudos to them.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #10
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdedric View Post
Update: plenum was picked up by DHL on 6/1 and I had it back in my hands after being repaired by Eventuri on 6/12!

They fixed the angle of the inlet and this time the install was flawless. I'm stoked to get this thing out for a drive on Sunday morning and finally hear it.
Oh my God, how can you wait until Sunday?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #11
R-35
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

I just installed the eventuri plenum and had the same issue...looks like it's not a one off issue but multiple people have had this problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #12
kcdedric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh my God, how can you wait until Sunday?
Had to go out of town on Saturday and the drive wasn't an appropriate one for the M3. I actually wasn't expecting the plenum until today based on DHL's original ETA but they beat the estimate.

I took the car for a drive yesterday morning, and this is easily my favorite modification for the S65. The sound is so incredibly glorious under WOT. Videos really don't do it justice and I was already impressed by how good it sounded in videos. I was originally thinking that I'd go back to an OEM X-pipe and just keep the Eventuri/MPE combo, but after my drive yesterday I'm definitely keeping the test pipes. The Eventuri has the WOT engine noise covered, and the exhaust can be equally enjoyed under downshifts and partial throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-35 View Post
I just installed the eventuri plenum and had the same issue...looks like it's not a one off issue but multiple people have had this problem.
It's a shame that there seems to be quite a few with the same issue. Hopefully Eventuri get it worked out. I'm just appreciative that the company is willing to stand behind the product.

Appreciate 0