BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Mporium BMW

05-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #1
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

PPI for BMW: Best Motor Werks

I live in Wash DC area and found a 2011 BMW M3 from an owner local to Columbus, OH that I needed to get a Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI).

After calling around it was clear to me based on my conversation with Anthony at Best Motor Werks that they knew BMW's and would do a good job with the PPI.

Needless to say, the report I received back was very detailed, and the tech that performed the PPI knew his stuff. They identified a few issues most interesting was the rodent nest under the intake manifold which fortunately had no visible damage to the wiring or surrounding area.

The PPI report and the included pictures of the engine and undercarriage really helped confirm the car was in excellent shape and I felt confident in purchasing the car.

I would highly recommend Best Motor Werks if you need a PPI for a BMW in the Columbus, OH area.

Last edited by br2wdc; 05-27-2020 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Updated Works to Werks
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
ec_E92
Enginerd
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3,E36M3,957GTS,E39M5S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2wdc View Post
I live in Wash DC area and found a 2011 BMW M3 from an owner local to Columbus, OH that I needed to get a Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI).

After calling around it was clear to me based on my conversation with Anthony at Best Motor Werks that they knew BMW's and would do a good job with the PPI.

Needless to say, the report I received back was very detailed, and the tech that performed the PPI knew his stuff. They identified a few issues most interesting was the rodent nest under the intake manifold which fortunately had no visible damage to the wiring or surrounding area.

The PPI report and the included pictures of the engine and undercarriage really helped confirm the car was in excellent shape and I felt confident in purchasing the car.

I would highly recommend Best Motor Werks if you need a PPI for a BMW in the Columbus, OH area.
Funny, I've literally never even heard of them and have lived in Columbus since 2003. Congrats on the purchase!
      05-28-2020, 05:21 AM   #3
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

Neither had I ...

The previous owner had always taken the car to either MAG BMW Mini or Kelly BMW, and had not heard of them either. But in my experience, I have always had pretty good success finding an Independent BMW shop and that continued with Best Motor Werks.

I'm glad it worked out because during this pandemic I'd prefer to see business go to a good independent place vs. the dealer which has many more resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec_E92 View Post
Funny, I've literally never even heard of them and have lived in Columbus since 2003. Congrats on the purchase!
Appreciate 0