BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

03-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Thumbs up BPM Tune Review!

REVIEW: BPM TUNE STAGE II.

I’ve had the BPM tune Stage II for about over a year now and never had the change to write a review.

Firstly, Mike Benvo is a type of person who will sit down with you to find a solution for a problem or even find a solution to find what will make your car happy. His customer service is out of this world. Even though it seems like there hundreds of people PMing, emailing, and calling him he spends every minute of his day talking to his customers, something we don’t see now a days.

I went on the search for a tune for my 2011 e92 m3. I already had almost every bolt on system on my car but my car didn’t feel like it was giving its all(maybe I got bored). Instead of spending my money on a supercharger kit that can potentially void my warranty, I went on the search for a tune(yes a tune can void warranty too but its not physically visible). Out of all the tunes out there the BPM tune caught my eye because a lot of my fellow M3post members were posting only good things about it. So started doing my research on what it will provide for my m3.

The goodies include:
-Selective mapping of the throttle response in Sport mode
-Selective mapping of the throttle response in Normal mode
-Raised RPM Limiter (Nmax) to 8,500 or 8,600 RPM
-Removal of the Top Speed Limiter (Vmax)
-Vanos changes for increased smoothness, better drive-ability, and power
-Fueling and ignition timing changes suited to your modifications and octane
-Optimization of ECU Torque Management and Control Parameters
-Elimination of the Cold Start Routine (Makes the car smoother on cold starts)
-Cold start rev limit reduction (to keep your engine happy and prevent revving too high when cold).
-Launch Control Assist for 6MT vehicles (definable at 3,000 - 5,000 RPM)

HOW can you not be interested!?!?! So I gave it a go and purchased it during a group buy. After purchasing it, I received my cable like 3 days after, talk about fast, prompt shipping. The day I received it is when Mike programmed my car, fast, prompt, CUSTOMER SERVICE. It took about 20 mins or so to program. The only problem I had back then is that I had to borrow a computer because they didn’t have a program of MAC OS. But wasn’t a problem.

Right after the tune hit my car I took it out for a spin and the difference was NIGHT AND DAY. The throttle response was jaw dropping. The car kept pulling and pulling (not exaggerating). It felt like I gained like 1000000hp(exaggerating). The cold start, the loud morning lets wake up my neighbors by the rumbling of my exhaust went away which I really prefer for all you catless exhaust peeps. Now that his SERVOTRONIC software is out I am going to be getting that for sure.

For all of you who are looking to buy a tune, I really suggest you look into the BPM tune. Excellent tune, Excellent Customer Service, Fast shipping and Fast Responses. It was the best thing that happened to my m3 since the day of my purchase. Thanks Mike and the guys at BPM! Couldn’t be happier!!!!

Last edited by PAKMAN; 03-05-2014 at 02:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
S65 Underdog
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a functional car.

Good stuff!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Glad you're enjoying the tune and thanks for the review!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
BlackBeans
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | F15 X5 50i

I just got my stage 1 engine and DCT tunes as well, about a month ago.
Love them!

The increased responsiveness and smoothed out throttle profiles are the bestttttt
Appreciate 0