BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

05-12-2015, 01:17 AM   #1
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Another Charlie@McKenna fan

So here's another thread on how great of a guy Charlie is.

So some background. My car was about due for service. I was nearing 60K miles and was going to do my oil, spark plugs etc. myself however after reading some other threads about rod bearings and 3rd party warranty, I decided to just pay the dealer to do it and have service records.

After reading on another thread about how great their experience was with Charlie and posting how I wished I had a "Charlie" down in my area, he mentioned that he has other Bay Area clients drive down and it got me thinking.

Well I PM'd Charlie and after a brief conversation on what I wanted and his pricing, it really made it a no-brainer for me to make the trek to So. Cal. with what I was going to save vs. what my local dealers were going to charge... and who doesn't like a good road trip anyway!

So we set on a service date and I thought everything was all ready to go however a few days prior to me going I decided to buy some wheels and had an issue with the TPMS system. I didn't know if I had old sensors, no sensors or something else so I had a shop diagnose and found one sensor was bad.

I called APEX and had them ship out a new TPMS sensor so I could have it repaired when I got back from LA and then the night before leaving I bought a BBK kit. I was trying to figure out when to install the BBK's and stored everything in the garage.

On Friday I contacted Charlie to confirm the appointment and mentioned about the BBK and wheel sensor. To my amazement, Charlie offered to install the BBK for a fee of course however it was very reasonable so I went for it. How many dealers offer to install aftermarket goodies? Not around me anyway!

Fast forward to Saturday I met up with Charlie at 8:30 or so.
For those who have not been to the dealer, this is not a small dealer by any means and these guys were very busy but Charlie greeted me and got my paperwork going and set me up with a BMW loaner.

Let me tell you that Charlie moves around with precision and speed. He isn't some guy who meanders around and takes his time. He knows that your time is important and valuable but still takes the time to answer any questions and ensures that at that moment, you are the #1 customer.

Charlie kept in communication and gave me a status of what was going on. I was really surprised that he was also able to fix my TPMS issue without too much hassle.

When I picked up my car we went over all of the things that were done. My wheels were not scratched from my BBK install, the car was clean (I wanted it washed due to the long trip up and bugs galore) and got ready for the trek back home (had to be there for Mothers Day right!).

So overall Charlie exceeded my expectations. I would trust Charlie again in a heart beat for work on my car. I'll have to go down again the next time I need work done.

Thanks again Charlie. Next time I'm down, it's Japchae and BBQ time!
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Appreciate the detailed feedback Brian!
Appreciate 0