BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

03-13-2021, 02:59 AM   #23
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
7+ years thread revival: is the Recaro PP way better in terms of lateral support than CS? I got an e90 that is mostly daily driven (more so 2nd car than daily) but some track days. I want to change my seats. I'm about 5'9 175-80 lbs tops and pretty fit. Which one would y'all recommend? I also want to retain may seat heating functionality. Should I look in other brands? Thank you
i've sat in both and CS is almost the same as stock for me if you're looking for more lateral support, PP is much better in this department
but i guess it depends on your size as well, probably should try it in person if you can
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 07:56 PM   #24
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozaiya View Post
Quote:
7+ years thread revival: is the Recaro PP way better in terms of lateral support than CS? I got an e90 that is mostly daily driven (more so 2nd car than daily) but some track days. I want to change my seats. I'm about 5'9 175-80 lbs tops and pretty fit. Which one would y'all recommend? I also want to retain may seat heating functionality. Should I look in other brands? Thank you
i've sat in both and CS is almost the same as stock for me if you're looking for more lateral support, PP is much better in this department
but i guess it depends on your size as well, probably should try it in person if you can
Thanks. I'm 32 waist top. Medium/muscular built. Cs prolly too big. Thanks.
      03-17-2021, 06:06 PM   #25
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
CS isn't the same as stock nor is it "too big"

Its an in between seat from OEM and full on bucket

This really comes down to preference. Ive sat in both and I've owned several Recaro seats and OEMs from Porsche/bmw. If you don't track a lot just get the CS. IF you track more than you casually drive then get the PP.

Or simply just go sit in them and see which you prefer. The CS is more supportive than the stock seats and is the perfect upgrade for people who aren't track rats.

I run buckets in my weekend car and one thing to consider is having proper posture all the time. They are fixed back aka you are sitting pretty erect at all times and not relaxing slumped back
      03-23-2021, 09:44 PM   #26
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Quote:
CS isn't the same as stock nor is it "too big"

Its an in between seat from OEM and full on bucket

This really comes down to preference. Ive sat in both and I've owned several Recaro seats and OEMs from Porsche/bmw. If you don't track a lot just get the CS. IF you track more than you casually drive then get the PP.

Or simply just go sit in them and see which you prefer. The CS is more supportive than the stock seats and is the perfect upgrade for people who aren't track rats.

I run buckets in my weekend car and one thing to consider is having proper posture all the time. They are fixed back aka you are sitting pretty erect at all times and not relaxing slumped back
Thanks. I'm no track rat but certainly will be tracking the car 3-5 times a year hopefully. He ge times I've done track I found myself sliding all over the place on the oem seats. Is cs sitting position my Lower too or nah?
      03-24-2021, 07:29 AM   #27
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
pole position is not good on the street or for a daily driven car. sportster cs/gt is a much better everyday seat.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 08:47 PM   #28
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Thanks. I'm no track rat but certainly will be tracking the car 3-5 times a year hopefully. He ge times I've done track I found myself sliding all over the place on the oem seats. Is cs sitting position my Lower too or nah?
i track as well, and again there is really no point to get CS if you are looking for more lateral support on the track, you will still slide around, i had pole position for this reason, and no, pole position is quite comfortable for DD
Appreciate 1
cvstar9M3284.00
      06-15-2023, 04:00 AM   #29
lemonsquares
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I ran the PPs at first, then switched to the Sportster CS seats on my e92 M3.

The Sportsters do not require a side mount as these are already built into the seat (steel mounts are heavy), which accounts for most of the difference.
We are an authorized Recaro retailer, let me know if you have any questions.
Hey Tom I’d like more info on this program where you can get matched leather
Appreciate 0