BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #23
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man
Malek - I'm thinking of pairing solid aluminium subframe bushes with Black series diff bushes.

In your opinion, would 95 shore A material as used in Powerflex Black series diff kit allow move NVH than the stock bushes?
Cheers.
I thought that I would respond as I did just this a few months ago. I did the Bimmerworld solid subframe bushings and the Powerflex Black 95A diff bushings. As others have reported, zero additional NVH from the solid subframe bushings.

I did get an ever so slight diff whine at highway speeds while maintaining steady throttle. It bothered me for a day, then I grew to like it and/or not notice it. If you think that would be a problem, go with the softer Powerflex diff bushings.
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #24
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyrd View Post
I thought that I would respond as I did just this a few months ago. I did the Bimmerworld solid subframe bushings and the Powerflex Black 95A diff bushings. As others have reported, zero additional NVH from the solid subframe bushings.

I did get an ever so slight diff whine at highway speeds while maintaining steady throttle. It bothered me for a day, then I grew to like it and/or not notice it. If you think that would be a problem, go with the softer Powerflex diff bushings.
Thanks for feedback, that sounds (no pun intended) that it is likely something I can live with and perhaps not notice soon afterwards like you.

Have you had other passengers in your car and did they notice?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #25
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Thanks for feedback, that sounds (no pun intended) that it is likely something I can live with and perhaps not notice soon afterwards like you.

Have you had other passengers in your car and did they notice?
No one noticed including my wife, but my exhaust was moderately loud. You will hear a slight whine when maintaining a stable highway speed.
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #26
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
Solid Subframe Bushings WILL NOT add NVH
Solid Differential Bushings WILL add NVH

Benefits
- You will get less wheelspin from the get go
- You can feel what the rear is doing
- You get a better feel of the mechanical grip versus tire grip, increases confidence in car

After all the upgrades I've done to my car, Solid Subframe Bushings is the best thing you can do to an E9x M3 to make it feel more alive.
How do you feel a difference vs the same thing?
      09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #27
Mr. E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: space grey E92 M3-DCT

From my understanding. It eliminates rear squat on the car. It connects more true feedback in what the rear section of the car is doing.

Ive heard a lot of hear say on aluminum bushings being "to rough" and I have looked at other forums and talked to people that use them. They say there isn't to much of a change in driving feel. As far as comfort goes.
Appreciate 0