BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

05-29-2020, 11:50 AM   #89
derbo
Keeper of Blinky Lights
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beluga Whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel14 View Post
So FCP Euro now stocks DS2500 for the front and rear and I'm thinking about trying them for the track using stock rotors/calipers with upgraded SS lines, brake fluid and NT01s on 18x10s. Would this be a worthwhile path given the warranty and lowering consumable costs? I'll prob track upwards of 6 events a year.
worse comes to worse, you send in toasted rotors/pads back to FCP and get a new set for street if it doesn't work out?

I'm going to offload a set of PFC08s for stock calipers soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 03:05 PM   #90
Rassilon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

I had a very good experience with ds2500 as a dual purpose pad. It does squeaky every now and then on the street but it can handle the heat on track.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #91
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, C6 Vette, Miata

Quote:
So FCP Euro now stocks DS2500 for the front and rear and I'm thinking about trying them for the track using stock rotors/calipers with upgraded SS lines, brake fluid and NT01s on 18x10s. Would this be a worthwhile path given the warranty and lowering consumable costs? I'll prob track upwards of 6 events a year.
What tracks are you running? On an easy braking track like Roebling Road or Willow Springs Int'l you'd likely be fine. If you're talking Watkins Glen or Road America, definitely not. They'd burn up very quickly with NT01's.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #92
ppatel14
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 AW ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post
Quote:
What tracks are you running? On an easy braking track like Roebling Road or Willow Springs Int'l you'd likely be fine. If you're talking Watkins Glen or Road America, definitely not. They'd burn up very quickly with NT01's.
I'm based in Atlanta so typical tracks I frequent are Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motorsports Park, and Barber.

2013 E92 M3 ZCP /// ARC-8 wheels, Bomiz Race X-Pipe, Alpine tune, TMS spacers F15mm/R12.5mm, Stoptech SS lines
Appreciate 0